Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone wouldn't climb above 3mtrs indoors
1486 2 2021-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans78358200
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1930883 ft

United Kingdom

Hello, hope someone out there can shed some light on this one for me.

Had an issue on job last week where we had to fly our M300 indoors with no GPS.  The space we were in was a large concrete chamber within a dam, very roughly shaped like a cone with the point at the top.  Dimension of chamber was approx 20mtrs diameter at floor level, with the tip of the cone around 20mtrs above us.  Ambient lighting wasn't great but we had some spotlights attached to the unit for carrying out the inspection, which was to be carried out up at the top of the cone.  There was also rainwater leaking in from the roof area (hence, the inspection).

No error messages on startup, the drone would take off normally, holding position with the vison system around 2mtrs off the deck.  We would then carry out standard control checks, which were all good.  After this, we wanted to then climb up to around 15-18mtrs to carry out the inspection, but for some reason the drone would not climb above 3mtrs.  Tried resetting several times & same result each time - full control but just would not climb above 3mtrs.  We had the vision & IR systems turned down to 1.0m sensing distance, and even tried switching the systems off all together, flying in Atti mode - but still the drone wouldn't climb above the 3mtr height.

I can't get my head around this one at all, we had some external work to do at the site after this & the drone behaved perfectly (although obviously had full GPS coverage by then).  We have flown the drone indoors before without this issue, and I genuinely don't think any of our settings changed between those jobs.  

The only things I can think of are:

• Has the geometry of the chamber confused the signal between the RC & the drone (although it was completely controllable in all other aspects, it just wouldn't climb)?
  • Has the water dripping from the roof confused the upward looking sensors & prevented climbing further (although we tried switching the vision sensors off, with no difference)?

Any thoughts or input anyone has would be appreciated - we've only been using the M300 for a few months, so are definetly still a little green using it.

Thanks
Stephen

2021-11-18
Use props
DJI-GUY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9641306 ft
Canada

On the controller, have you tried the T Mode instead of the default P-Mode?

MOdes.png
2021-11-22
Use props
Stewartie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1930883 ft

United Kingdom

DJI-GUY Posted at 11-22 05:22
On the controller, have you tried the T Mode instead of the default P-Mode?

We didn't try that Guy, might be worth looking into though thanks.
2021-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules