Prevent switch from FCC to CE when traveling outside US
932 4 2021-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akumal
lvl.1
United States

I'm considering upgrading from Spark to Mini 2. I live in the US but often travel to Mexico.

With Spark, when I powered up in Mexico the DJI Go 4 app would detect I had left the US and ask if I wanted to update settings. If I said no/cancel, it stayed in FCC mode and I got better range.

With Mini 2, will the DJI Fly app let me do the same thing?

Thanks.

2021-11-18
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

I'm guessing it would seeing as how its the same core SDK underneath the app.
2021-11-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No,  It will automatically switch to CE mode in non FCC countries for legal reasons, although there are ways around it.
2021-11-19
Use props
Akumal
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-19 00:43
No,  It will automatically switch to CE mode in non FCC countries for legal reasons, although there are ways around it.

I’m aware that people in CE countries use software to spoof the GPS on their phones to make the drone app think they are in the US and use FCC transmission power. I was hoping to avoid doing that when I leave the US by canceling out of the automatic reset when it detects it should be in CE mode. That worked with Spark and DJI Go 4.

I’ll try it in January in Mexico and will find out first hand if it works with Mini 2 and DJI Fly. If not I’ll look into the details of  spoofing GPS. Or maybe OcuSync 2 with CE power will give me extra range over the old Enhanced WiFi with FCC power.
2021-11-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Akumal Posted at 11-19 05:55
I’m aware that people in CE countries use software to spoof the GPS on their phones to make the drone app think they are in the US and use FCC transmission power. I was hoping to avoid doing that when I leave the US by canceling out of the automatic reset when it detects it should be in CE mode. That worked with Spark and DJI Go 4.

I’ll try it in January in Mexico and will find out first hand if it works with Mini 2 and DJI Fly. If not I’ll look into the details of  spoofing GPS. Or maybe OcuSync 2 with CE power will give me extra range over the old Enhanced WiFi with FCC power.

They reset themselves to comply with local laws.    The latest hacks dont spoof like that anymore as the drone uses it gps to do it.

OcuSync 2 with CE power is more than sufficient for 1000's of ft of flying and certainly more than the VLOS requirement.
2021-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules