Replaced gimbal cable, now getting gimbal overload error
1123 8 2021-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usefulName
lvl.2
Croatia

After a light crash I replaced the fried gimbal cable with a new on.
The gimbal works, but it wont calibrate.
There are no obstructions to  movement.
Here is a video:

2021-11-18
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

I've just replaced the same cable on my Pro and didn't find it easy at all, however I was successful, I would suggest checking the 4 connectors are fully plugged in, I know that will be a pain but I found that when I thought they were back correctly in there socket one of them wasn't, there is a definite click when correctly plugged in.
2021-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI drone and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and now you are having these issue with your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a professional team that will do there best to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Thank you.
2021-11-18
Use props
usefulName
lvl.2
Croatia

UKMoose Posted at 11-18 16:15
I've just replaced the same cable on my Pro and didn't find it easy at all, however I was successful, I would suggest checking the 4 connectors are fully plugged in, I know that will be a pain but I found that when I thought they were back correctly in there socket one of them wasn't, there is a definite click when correctly plugged in.

Well, my next move was going to be to taking it back apart and rechecking every thing.
2021-11-18
Use props
usefulName
lvl.2
Croatia

Well I had one connection to a gimbal motor loose, but it's still not working properly.

2021-11-18
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

usefulName Posted at 11-18 22:24
Well I had one connection to a gimbal motor loose, but it's still not working properly.

https://youtu.be/ymIvHAR6t1g

Well startup is better now, just not finishing the calibration, try recalibration from within the go 4 app, if that doesn't work I can't offer anything else sorry but I'm sure there will be help from other fourm members.
2021-11-18
Use props
usefulName
lvl.2
Croatia

UKMoose Posted at 11-18 23:44
Well startup is better now, just not finishing the calibration, try recalibration from within the go 4 app, if that doesn't work I can't offer anything else sorry but I'm sure there will be help from other fourm members.

Tried the auto calibration, no luck.
I'm out of ideas.
2021-11-19
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
United Kingdom

usefulName Posted at 11-19 03:20
I'm out of ideas.

That's a shame, I don't know what else to suggest. Hopefully another forum member can help.
2021-11-19
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

usefulName Posted at 11-19 03:20
I'm out of ideas.

I had to change my camera and cable with the same result (two years ago). The test with the board from a second MP was successful, so replacing the circuit board provided the solution for me.
I bought it here: https://www.b2bonline.it/en/rica ... r-gimbal-e-cam.html
2021-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules