P4Pv2 Batteries have cracks
988 7 2021-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f608518
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176460 ft
United States

I have 4 batteries and thye all have cracks on the side. 2 of the 4 are under warranty. Hopefully they will replace them at no cost to me. Has any one else had this issue? Can I fly with this kind of crack?  
TIA!!

Mark

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.09.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.09.25 AM.png
2021-11-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mark. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Phantom 4 Pro intelligent flight batteries. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-11-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think 3 out of 4 of mine are cracked, the 4th being the newest with 2.5 flights, its the same with the drone itself, namely the legs, check those for micro cracks,  min has a few of them, even bought new legs to replace them but i cant be asked cause it will just happen again, so i will leave it till the time i ever sell it...

BTW, the plastic is not the greatest in quality, it should never crack unless crashed etc
2021-11-19
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170869 ft
Russia

Never had an issue with 3 of my batteries..
2021-11-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

delfin2003 Posted at 11-19 13:52
Never had an issue with 3 of my batteries..

Give it time, they will come..
2021-11-19
Use props
Edward Smith#39s Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

all 9 of mine have cracks
2021-11-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first drone was a Phantom P4 Standard version, with three batteries.  I flew it extensively for three years and the batteries showed no cracks at all. The drone was still as reliable on the day I sold it, as when I bought it - seduced by the smaller Mavic Pro Platinum.
2021-11-27
Use props
dbskyfld
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138914 ft

France

Hello everyone, I have had the same problem with my batteries for almost a year.

Batteries aged 3 and 2 years, never shocks. My P4P like new and a hundred recharges per battery. I think that when the battery heats up, the plastic formwork cannot withstand thermal stress. So badly problems of resistance and quality of the material.

What I would like to know is that the resistance to swelling is reduced, is there a risk of blocking in its housing (lower resistance), or safety in case of temperature rise. I think this problem is known to DJI, since I know of several remote pilots having this same problem and who have pointed out the risks.

DJI should review the material and why not a standard exchange knowing that they have the flight data and can monitor the compliance with the use of drones.
Have a lovely day everybody.

Bonjour à tous, j’ai le même problème sur mes batteries depuis presque 1 an.

Batteries âgées de 3 et 2 ans, jamais de chocs. Mon P4P comme neuf et une centaine de recharges par batterie. Je pense qu’n vol quand la batterie chauffe, le coffrage plastique ne supporte pas les contraintes thermiques. Donc mal problèmes de résistance et qualité de la matière.

Ce que je voudrai savoir, c’est que la résistance au gonflement est amoindrie, y a t’il un risque de blocage dans son logement (résistance moindre), ou de la sécurité en cas de montée en température. Je pense que ce problème est connu de DJI, puisque je connais plusieurs télé pilotes ayant ce même problème et qui ont signalé les risques. DJI devrait revoir la matière et pourquoi pas un échange standard sachant qu’ils ont les données des vols et peuvent contrôler le respect de l’utilisation des drones.

Bonne journée à tous.

2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules