DJI FPV drone crashed to the ground in manual mode
1277 5 2021-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rookas
New
Flight distance : 27890 ft

Lithuania

Hey people, Today I had some troubles too, it is weird issue. I was flying my DJI FPV drone with remote controller with first battery, everything went super nicely. After first battery was finished, put the second one, and the accident have happened, I took off, switched to the manual mode, did some pretty epic dives, some speed runs, and after around 5-6 minutes of flight, the drone just crashed to the ground, with no reason. The goggles freezed, after that went totally black and dji controller disconnected at the moment of crash, because I lost control. What is most interesting, I was flying very close to myself, it was like 20-30 meters away from me, in open field, without any metals or something like this. Luckily it was after dive, then I was close to the ground, with kind of slow speed, so I just broke the front arm, but I fixed it already. It is interesting, if anyone has any ideas why it could have happened? As I understand, if everything disconnects, so the DJI fpv drone, should return to the home, but in this case, I lost all control, and the drone crashed to the ground, without any stops, or RTH. It was very weird, if anyone have experianced something like this, I would appreacite if you would share. Maybe do you have any ideas why it could have happened, to prevent such accidents in the future!

All DJI FPV things are in the latest firmware version.

Thanks and have a cool day!
2021-11-19
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

This is a shot in the dark but did you notice when you took off or when you turned on the drone and it showed in the goggles did it happen to say battery connection error just for a second?

I ask because I've noticed this once or twice in my flights and when I went to investigate it turns out the battery wasn't plugged in as snug as I thought. If that were the case then it lost battery connection and fell
2021-11-19
Use props
Rookas
New

Lithuania

Yeah, this was strange, but I have not seen this error message. Everything was alright then I turned the drone, there was bo error messages. Now I have it repaired and a few hours back I have flown in the same location again, so everything went smoothly. Probably could be some kind of radio signal transmission blocks or something like this, I do not know actually. Probably something happened exactly at that moment. But now everything is back to normal
2021-11-19
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Nothing to do with the signal will stop the motors. So it's not a signal matter. Recheck if the emergency stop function is not on.
2021-11-19
Use props
Rookas
New

Lithuania

Thanks for the answer. Could you please be more specific on this, how to check if emergency stop function is not on?
2021-11-20
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Rookas Posted at 11-20 00:03
Thanks for the answer. Could you please be more specific on this, how to check if emergency stop function is not on?

If I'm not mistaken go through the menu and check. When they did one of their upgrades they gave us the ability to set up an emergency stop on 1 of the buttons I think c2. Just make sure it's not on.
2021-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules