1316 10 2021-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michele
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333317 ft
Italy

Hello,
I have a DJI FPV drone since almost 1 month, but I flew only a couple of times with it. First time ever everything was good.

The second time I tried I made a mistake installing the 2 right propellers (I inverted them) and as soon as I tried to liftoff the drone tilted on the right and I broke the two right propellers.

Then the third and last time I flew with it I always noticed a problem as soon as I liftoff (with all the propellers in the correct positions of course): the drone is completely tilted on the left, you can see the pictures below. As soon as I put it in hovering it's tilted on left. I can fly regularly without much problems (in N and S mode I never tried M yet), but it's clear the drone is tilted.

I tried to calibrate IMU and compass but without any luck, the drone is still tilted on the left. Do you have any ideas why? I never did hit anything or crash it excluding that propeller mistake, but the drone was at groud level and I changed all 4 propellers after that little incident.

I have no clue why this happens. Please help.

DJI_0021-min.JPG IMG_1306-min.jpeg
2021-11-19
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3226991 ft
Netherlands

are you trying to pull our legs ...? or are you serious ?
2021-11-19
Use props
michele
lvl.2
Italy

tomekyo Posted at 11-19 08:45
are you trying to pull our legs ...? or are you serious ?

I'm serious why? Does it seem a joke? I'm new about DJI FPV. Is this normal?
2021-11-19
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

this drone does not have roll stabilization on the gimbal. this means the drone and also the picture in the goggles will be croocked if flown/hovered in the cross wind conditions.
2021-11-19
Use props
michele
lvl.2
Italy

tomekyo Posted at 11-19 08:59
this drone does not have roll stabilization on the gimbal. this means the drone and also the picture in the goggles will be croocked if flown/hovered in the cross wind conditions.

Well I knew this but I thought the tilt could be a little bit not by 20/30°.
Today was windy but nothing more 15knots, while the past days was very calm so it's weird to blame only the wind.
2021-11-19
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

michele@befree.it Posted at 11-19 09:02
Today was windy but nothing more 15knots, while the past days was very calm so it's weird to blame only the wind.

While a drone is never going to seem perfectly level in the sky that does not mean it is. And in wind it will tilt. And the wind you just mentioned is enough to make it noticeably tilt in the sky.

If it tilts more then what you would see in anyone else's videos then a calibration is all you can do. Past that you have to get with the support team your flight controller may have a problem
2021-11-19
Use props
tomekyo
lvl.4
Netherlands

SgtRay Posted at 11-19 11:25
While a drone is never going to seem perfectly level in the sky that does not mean it is. And in wind it will tilt. And the wind you just mentioned is enough to make it noticeably tilt in the sky.

If it tilts more then what you would see in anyone else's videos then a calibration is all you can do. Past that you have to get with the support team your flight controller may have a problem

it is  most likely only the wind - nothing more. if the drone would be tilted while hovering and it was not fighting the wind - it would never stay in one place. If it does - just read the first sentence...
2021-11-19
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Lol I have lots of drones and some that I built are not done right (out of balance) You really can get one to tilt and still not move in the sky on a hover.
2021-11-19
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

michele@befree.it Posted at 11-19 09:02
Today was windy but nothing more 15knots, while the past days was very calm so it's weird to blame only the wind.

When it tilts to the right, turn around 180 °. If it now tilts to the left it is only "missing" gimbal.
I'd be very surprised if the gimbal was built in crooked.
I don't know a way that a drone can stay still but tilted in the air unless there is wind it has to "lean" against.
2021-11-20
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
United States

Depp Posted at 11-20 01:59
When it tilts to the right, turn around 180 °. If it now tilts to the left it is only "missing" gimbal.
I'd be very surprised if the gimbal was built in crooked.
I don't know a way that a drone can stay still but tilted in the air unless there is wind it has to "lean" against.

Not to say that dji is built a crooked cause I know they didn't. But if you actually build a drone from total scratch (ie sticks nails and screws)  not a carbon fiber frame you will learn very quickly that they can't be built crooked and stay in the air straight it's all a matter of adjusting the flight controller.
But I think his problem is something else
2021-11-20
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello!!!

If the wind was light or absent, such a high inclination in an overing position is not at all normal !! So let's not blame the wind .... this is a FC problem here !!
2021-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules