Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Need a CPL by wire feature.
156 4 2021-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Captain
Flight distance : 3211578 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need a CPL by wire feature on new equipment.

Having automatic NDs is cool but what about a moving CPL while filming?  Adjusting the CPL while filming isn't good as it creates movement.  To have it by wire would mean it won't move the camera head at all trying to dial in the perfect CP.

2021-11-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

That would be nice
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

yeah.. but then I realize it's better to just set it before the shoot which can easily be done.  I just like to randomly take shots w/ no script so changing things on the fly at any moment and having near perfect results by modifying settings w/o anyone knowing is how to do things.
2021-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2164990 ft
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 11-20 05:48
yeah.. but then I realize it's better to just set it before the shoot which can easily be done.  I just like to randomly take shots w/ no script so changing things on the fly at any moment and having near perfect results by modifying settings w/o anyone knowing is how to do things.

Exactly
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CPL is no freaking joke, I just took more photos w/ the 200-600mm, it like strips off the reflection sunlight mapping completely.  It doesn't do much to the triangle variables.  The ISO even went Lower in some cases or Higher but not even 1-stop of light.  The colors do look indeed deeper and things you Cannot correct in post because the reflections are in the way.  Doing automatic editing in Lightroom is also Way better with CPL turned properly.

It's a Huuge mistake not to be able to have a motorized CPL somehow and for M2Z optical zooming to die out.

The ones with the glare are basically no CPL.  The really colorful 4 ones are edited with auto.  See if you can spot which one is no CPL and with CPL.  If I tweak it even further it would be better but just trying to make a demonstration.

and to be honest I didn't even know what the sign was saying until I read it just now.  All this equipment should be used for observation, to see things people don't see and to make it better by having a motorized CPL that cast off the reflections of what you are looking at is important.  It seems on the dumpster shot it moved the glare to the dumpster hence why having an adjustable CPL by remote control is important.  I didn't even know there were ticks in that park.
_DSC8346.jpg
_DSC8347.jpg
_DSC8348.jpg
_DSC8351.jpg
_DSC8352.jpg
_DSC8354.jpg
_DSC8357.jpg
_DSC8358.jpg
_DSC8361.jpg
_DSC8362.jpg
_DSC8352.jpg
_DSC8354.jpg