Need a CPL by wire feature on the next drone.
380 23 2021-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need a CPL by wire feature on new equipment.

Being able to adjust CPL while in the air is cool, should be an important feature on the next drone.

2021-11-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yet another stupid comment.
2021-11-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 11-19 14:55

“People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use.”  Hehe
2021-11-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-19 14:55

How is requesting a CPL to turn by wire stupid?  
2021-11-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

But no-one would want to pay what it would cost to implement.
2021-11-19
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-19 17:35
But no-one would want to pay what it would cost to implement.

I agree.  It should be about the profits first before features even commodities are more important than actual human lives but oh well.
2021-11-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 11-19 17:44
I agree.  It should be about the profits first before features even commodities are more important than actual human lives but oh well.

What language did you write that in, before you put it through Google Translate?
2021-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would love to have that on my camera.
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-20 01:51
What language did you write that in, before you put it through Google Translate?

anti-narrative
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-20 03:46
I would love to have that on my camera.

It would matter a lot when doing roof scanning or removing glare while up in the air.  When at different directions the CPL would have to be adjusted and to land first to see if your adjustment is right would suck.  Being able to adjust while in the air is super important.  Cutting out glare during inspection matters or while taking a very nice photo to be used commercially to further impress the client you are truly Professional.

The amazing thing was that the camera settings didn't change.  I was expecting up to 3 stops to be lost but the shutter, aperture, and ISO did not move when the glare was being cut and on photos of other things I've shot, the colors look way better with no editing.

2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 11-20 05:51
It would matter a lot when doing roof scanning or removing glare while up in the air.  When at different directions the CPL would have to be adjusted and to land first to see if your adjustment is right would suck.  Being able to adjust while in the air is super important.  Cutting out glare during inspection matters or while taking a very nice photo to be used commercially to further impress the client you are truly Professional.

The amazing thing was that the camera settings didn't change.  I was expecting up to 3 stops to be lost but the shutter, aperture, and ISO did not move when the glare was being cut and on photos of other things I've shot, the colors look way better with no editing.

If the exposure didn’t change then there is something wrong with your CPL or you just ignored the exposure, there are laws of physics here. A lot cheaper to get a hood for your lens and fly by wire CPL are not coming anytime soon.
2021-11-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

AntDX316 Posted at 11-19 17:44

Meaningless word salad
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 06:20
If the exposure didn’t change then there is something wrong with your CPL or you just ignored the exposure, there are laws of physics here. A lot cheaper to get a hood for your lens and fly by wire CPL are not coming anytime soon.
It didnt change but on the roof test it was but didnt seem to do anything.  Varied from 1600 shutter to 4000.
2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 11-20 07:08
It didnt change but on the roof test it was but didnt seem to do anything.  Varied from 1600 shutter to 4000.

How would you know unless you were riding the drone if you set exposure without the CPL then flew the drone back put on the filter and all settings stay the same “Then the exposure changed. IE Sun Moved Cloud Moved . But adding any polarized filter will change exposure “So likely the light changed”
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 07:44
How would you know unless you were riding the drone if you set exposure without the CPL then flew the drone back put on the filter and all settings stay the same “Then the exposure changed. IE Sun Moved Cloud Moved . But adding any polarized filter will change exposure “So likely the light changed”

which is why its better to be able to change it while in the air
2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 11-20 07:49
which is why its better to be able to change it while in the air

And because you cannot it makes CPL’s pretty much useless .
2021-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 11-20 05:51

The amazing thing was that the camera settings didn't change.  I was expecting up to 3 stops to be lost but the shutter, aperture, and ISO did not move when the glare was being cut and on photos of other things I've shot, the colors look way better with no editing.

It would be very hard to implement, but still nice.
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 08:00
And because you cannot it makes CPL’s pretty much useless .

You can cut the glare out while in the air, have you seen the videos? the glare of the vehicles is gone.  In real life the eyes see it as a bright reflection but it took it out!  It didn't take out the reflections on roofs and water though.  It did really nothing.  It was like a magic reflection eraser.  I've never seen anything like it before.  It was amazing.  I got into photography because I wanted to identify for doing things better and this is a great addition.  I don't really care too much about LOGing the footage and making things look different.  I care about making real-life better in any way.
2021-11-20
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-20 11:32
It would be very hard to implement, but still nice.

Not really hard.. just has to be motorized somehow but not sure if the function is worth making for the masses over profit.  CPL is indeed a great feature to have.  When you can cut the reflection out, you can see more that you cannot see because the reflection light is disturbing the view.  We are so used to doing how life is but when better ways come they aren't identified as much as they should be.  I still feel bad for everyone who lost their minds for any reason.  If they had died earlier in rest in peace form or died a war hero, they wouldn't be in jail and stuff.  People trying to pay bills end up having some accident from being too tired.  The best identification I've found is everyone should rest in peace as soon as possible but this only works w/ a made up "God" only belief.  Everyone should just remove resting in peace commenting when people die otherwise people should make presentations for people to rest in peace when life gets hard in anyway.  I'm concerned with the narratives and other things not existing that will confuse and upset people who have no idea now.  People have no idea how crazy life could get.  Life is becoming such a joke in the financial areas that it's only a matter of time before people just decide to end it all when things no longer work out unless a new invention makes people do the opposite.  I just want to capture everything and see everything as an asset and the best way to do that is with the tools we have.  Religion is not going to work in the future.
2021-11-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 11-20 17:58
Not really hard.. just has to be motorized somehow but not sure if the function is worth making for the masses over profit.  CPL is indeed a great feature to have.  When you can cut the reflection out, you can see more that you cannot see because the reflection light is disturbing the view.  We are so used to doing how life is but when better ways come they aren't identified as much as they should be.  I still feel bad for everyone who lost their minds for any reason.  If they had died earlier in rest in peace form or died a war hero, they wouldn't be in jail and stuff.  People trying to pay bills end up having some accident from being too tired.  The best identification I've found is everyone should rest in peace as soon as possible but this only works w/ a made up "God" only belief.  Everyone should just remove resting in peace commenting when people die otherwise people should make presentations for people to rest in peace when life gets hard in anyway.  I'm concerned with the narratives and other things not existing that will confuse and upset people who have no idea now.  People have no idea how crazy life could get.  Life is becoming such a joke in the financial areas that it's only a matter of time before people just decide to end it all when things no longer work out unless a new invention makes people do the opposite.  I just want to capture everything and see everything as an asset and the best way to do that is with the tools we have.  Religion is not going to work in the future.

I think it is not worth that indeed.
2021-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Not really hard.. just has to be motorized somehow but not sure if the function is worth making for the masses over profit.  CPL is indeed a great feature to have.  When you can cut the reflection out, you can see more that you cannot see because the reflection light is disturbing the view.  We are so used to doing how life is but when better ways come they aren't identified as much as they should be.  I still feel bad for everyone who lost their minds for any reason.  If they had died earlier in rest in peace form or died a war hero, they wouldn't be in jail and stuff.  People trying to pay bills end up having some accident from being too tired.  The best identification I've found is everyone should rest in peace as soon as possible but this only works w/ a made up "God" only belief.  Everyone should just remove resting in peace commenting when people die otherwise people should make presentations for people to rest in peace when life gets hard in anyway.  I'm concerned with the narratives and other things not existing that will confuse and upset people who have no idea now.  People have no idea how crazy life could get.  Life is becoming such a joke in the financial areas that it's only a matter of time before people just decide to end it all when things no longer work out unless a new invention makes people do the opposite.  I just want to capture everything and see everything as an asset and the best way to do that is with the tools we have.  Religion is not going to work in the future.

Qanus comes to mind here. Such Diatribe…
2021-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Although some have various ND filters built in.
2021-11-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-21 06:00
Although some have various ND filters built in.

being able to cut glare out like that is more important than ND in some situations imo
2021-11-22
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CPL is no freaking joke, I just took more photos w/ the 200-600mm, it like strips off the reflection sunlight mapping completely.  It doesn't do much to the triangle variables.  The ISO even went Lower in some cases or Higher but not even 1-stop of light.  The colors do look indeed deeper and things you Cannot correct in post because the reflections are in the way.  Doing automatic editing in Lightroom is also Way better with CPL turned properly.

It's a Huuge mistake not to be able to have a motorized CPL somehow and for M2Z optical zooming to die out.

The ones with the glare are basically no CPL.  The really colorful 4 ones are edited with auto.  See if you can spot which one is no CPL and with CPL.  If I tweak it even further it would be better but just trying to make a demonstration.

and to be honest I didn't even know what the sign was saying until I read it just now.  All this equipment should be used for observation, to see things people don't see and to make it better by having a motorized CPL that cast off the reflections of what you are looking at is important.  It seems on the dumpster shot it moved the glare to the dumpster hence why having an adjustable CPL by remote control is important.  I didn't even know there were ticks in that park.

_DSC8346.jpg
_DSC8347.jpg
_DSC8348.jpg
_DSC8351.jpg
_DSC8352.jpg
_DSC8354.jpg
_DSC8357.jpg
_DSC8358.jpg
_DSC8361.jpg
_DSC8362.jpg
_DSC8352.jpg
_DSC8354.jpg