RC Pro - Connected to WiFi, no internet?
2728 11 2021-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TeddyBear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else had issues with their RC Pro connecting to their WiFi, getting an IP, but not having any internet? I have an Asus XT8 Mesh system, and this is the most frustrated I've been with technology in years. It connects to my wifi just fine, but refuses to connect to the internet. I got it to connect to my phone's hotspot just fine, and it downloads just fine from my phone's hotspot. If I do an unsecured, open guest network, it still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? This is just depressing.
2021-11-19
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Did you have an IP address in the range of the DHCP settings of your router? Or you have gat a APiPA (automatic address when not getting one from the router)?

Is the gateway on the controller set to the IP-address of Router?

Is the DNS set correctly?

In the asus router OS you can see which devices are on. You can also deprive devices of getting thru the Internet.
Btw I'm using a GT-AX11000 and a Rt-5300 in mesh, no problem connecting my Smart Controller (1st edition) to connect to the Internet.
2021-11-19
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 11-19 15:47
Did you have an IP address in the range of the DHCP settings of your router? Or you have gat a APiPA (automatic address when not getting one from the router)?

Is the gateway on the controller set to the IP-address of Router?

This is a router/mesh that's been in use for quite awhile; it's got a DNS in the normal range, everything LOOKS normal, but it's acting like it's not got a DNS, even though it claims it does. It let me update the controller to the new firmware just fine earlier, but now it's just failing immediately when you try to connect to anything on the Asus setup (again, works fine tethered to my iphone), even though it claims it's connected normally. It's incredibly frustrating.
2021-11-19
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 11-19 15:47
Did you have an IP address in the range of the DHCP settings of your router? Or you have gat a APiPA (automatic address when not getting one from the router)?

Is the gateway on the controller set to the IP-address of Router?

We finally got it to work by forcing a static ip; not really sure who is at fault here, Asus, DJI, or Google
2021-11-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBear Posted at 11-19 16:09
We finally got it to work by forcing a static ip; not really sure who is at fault here, Asus, DJI, or Google

Not sure who you can blame but I'm glad you got the issue resolved.  Sometimes that kind of an issue can drive your stress levels through the roof.  
2021-11-19
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

TeddyBear Posted at 11-19 16:09

Networking isn't as easy as it might seem to be. A protocol that isn't supported on a device can make life quite difficult.
I noticed in the past the SC has somewhat more problems on 5GHz, and connects more easely on 2.5.
As you state a static address solved the problem, it might have been something with the DHCP server from your system.
Anyway, you got it solved  That's the main thing.
2021-11-19
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-19 16:50
Not sure who you can blame but I'm glad you got the issue resolved.  Sometimes that kind of an issue can drive your stress levels through the roof.

Oh it definitely did! Asus's router interface is abysmal, glitchy, and every tiny little change of settings requires a reboot. I wish someone could make decent home wifi hardware/software.
2021-11-20
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had to mess with IPv6 on my Asus router/extender to get the RC PRO to do anything. Don't be fooled, Asus makes quality hardware.
2021-11-20
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 11-20 13:32
I had to mess with IPv6 on my Asus router/extender to get the RC PRO to do anything. Don't be fooled, Asus makes quality hardware.

Our Mesh system reboots multiple times a day, not so sure about that. XD It's been, I'd say, on par with the Orbi setup we used to have (until it died).
2021-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBear Posted at 11-20 13:17
Oh it definitely did!  Asus's router interface is abysmal, glitchy, and every tiny little change of settings requires a reboot. I wish someone could make decent home wifi hardware/software.

Wouldn't that be nice.
2021-11-21
Use props
Westwind77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567234 ft
United States

I am having the same issue with my Asus router. Works with my phones hot spot. However, I cant even assign a static IP as the DJI Remote keeps going back to a private DNS and randomizing the MAC. SO frustrated!
2022-1-15
Use props
TeddyBozeman
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Westwind77 Posted at 1-15 18:42
I am having the same issue with my Asus router. Works with my phones hot spot. However, I cant even assign a static IP as the DJI Remote keeps going back to a private DNS and randomizing the MAC. SO frustrated!

See if you can use your hotspot to download the latest firmware; that fixed it for me!
2022-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules