PHANTOM Vision PLUS V3.0 ISSUE
1554 5 2014-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyle.jones
New

Canada

I just got it today.  Arrived this morning.  I turned it on and decided to turn it back off and fully charge the battery before taking it outside.  

Once the battery was fully charged I put it back in and it wouldn't turn on.  So I waited a bit and tried again.  Still wouldn't turn on.  SO I removed the battery and turned it on and it was fine.  I put it back in and same thing happened.  LED lights go across like its going to turn on and just shuts itself back off.  If anyone is going to ask if I am turning it on right, I AM.  It turns on fine outside the machine but does not stay on when plugged into the machine.  

So I called the dealer I bought it off and he told me to try and turn it on again.  So I did three times with him on the phone and on the third time smoke started to come out of one of the arms.  I beleive there may have been a short somewhere.  I just don't understand how a brand new unit isn't tested or how it could fail so easily.  

Now I am going through trying to get this sent back to him.  I am hoping he will send out a new one to replace this one.  I was in a hurry to get using it for work but not it will be delayed.  

I am not sure if I should request my money back or just get another unit.  Sorry if I sound a little frustrated.

2014-11-27
Use props
Roadbugs
lvl.1

United States

With smoke coming out it is definitely not right. Do request another unit if possible; they should work perfectly out of the box.
2014-11-27
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

kyle.jones sorry to hear about your experience. I am one of the Admins to a newly started DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ V3 group on Facebook. If you are on Facebook you are welcome to join our group. The website address is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/393981554092596/ (all other V3 owners are welcome to join). If you do join please share your experience there. As far as your new unit is concerned clearly something is wrong. You should insist your dealer replaces it. You spent a significant amount of money you should not have to settle for anything less and a properly function Phantom right out of the box.
2014-11-28
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

How frustrating!  I agree, you should get a new one, no questions asked.  Good luck!
2014-11-28
Use props
markkinley
lvl.4

United States

WOW, Replace it immediately, i would keep the battery out of the unit before it gets worse.
2014-11-28
Use props
kyle.jones
New

Canada

I am sending it back to the Authorized dealer I bought it from.  I have emailed asking for a brand new replacement to be sent out.  

2014-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules