2671 27 2021-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benholmes541
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1790735 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Just been out for the first flight with my Mavic 3 and was disapointed with the results.
I noticed a very distinct purple area in the images.

The Mavic 3 shot from today. Lightroom Dehaze set to 80 to highlight the purple discoloration.
DJI_0009.jpg

Another M3 image today with no adjustments, can still see hint of purple.
DJI_0048.jpg

A Mavic 2 shot form a couple of months ago. Also Dehaze set to 80.
PANO0026.jpg

Has anyone else seen this?
Is this a faulty M3 sensor/camera?

Thanks
Ben

2021-11-20
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

A few people have noticed it, e.g.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253346

It seems there is a slight magenta kick that you are seeing, that gets disproportionately increased by Adobe's Dehaze. I just had a play with someone's image where it was almost imperceptible without Dehaze, but shows clearly with.

Blimey, 80 is a LOT of Dehaze BTW! Not a subtle tool at high amounts, wow!

Hopefully DJI can profile it out, but I guess we'll see. It would be interesting to see a flat mid grey shot to examine the effect in detail. It ought to be easy enough to compensate for if it's a static effect, whether by DJI at source or further down the processing chain while we wait.
2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cmon  80 Dehaze put up photographs without the 80 dehaze if they have the purple in we should be able to see . I believe there could be a colour problem Why do you think its the sensor ? I have seen plenty of photos without the purple in them .
2021-11-20
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 11:35
Cmon  80 Dehaze put up photographs without the 80 dehaze . I believe there could be a colour problem Why do you think its the sensor ?

Like I said, I set it to 80 to highlight it in the first photo. I wouldn't use that normally.
Even using around 10-15 shows a faint effect on the first image.

The 2nd photo is unprocessed and there is a faint purple "circle" or "bracket".
Any contrast on that gives make it more obvious.

Also, the M2P image is 80 to compare is nowhere near the same effect.

I'm just asking here to see if anyone was getting that. It stood out to me as it was a very overcast day and the clouds made it obvious.

No idea if it's the sensor. Just trying to find out.
2021-11-20
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nicodema Posted at 11-20 09:50
A few people have noticed it, e.g.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253346

Thanks for the link.
Hopefully they will sort it out in firmware then!

Yes, I just set it to 80 to make to stand out. Not a setting I'd normally use
It was just noticible to me when I had a more reasonable edit. So I blew it up to 80 on dehaze to see what was happening.

Here's another one with just the standard Lightroom Auto. Very faint, but still there.
2021-11-20
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 11:35
Cmon  80 Dehaze put up photographs without the 80 dehaze if they have the purple in we should be able to see . I believe there could be a colour problem Why do you think its the sensor ? I have seen plenty of photos without the purple in them .

Photo with no adjustments.
Not as noticible, but there is still a color change there.
2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

benholmes541 Posted at 11-20 12:22
Photo with no adjustments.
Not as noticible, but there is still a color change there.
[view_image]

Yeah its pretty similar to what I see, I don’t think it has anything to do with sensor, but it could have something to do with colour science or outside chance the filter on front of the camera. Hopefully the latter and its just a bug fix.
2021-11-20
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

A few people have been seeing this.  I haven't been able to get any purple in my photos, but I have gotten it in video.  The more I test it seems to be in shadowy areas of the image, so I think it's potentially a noise issue in shadow areas, or a hue adjustment that is needed in shadow areas.  I've mainly seen it in DLOG on mine, not so much in Normal and not in photos yet.  It looks like I'll have a cloudy day tomorrow around here so I'll try to get up again.  My first cloudy day I think was yesterday and my results were pretty positive.
2021-11-20
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

That said I agree that on your images it is clearly obvious even with no adjustments to the photo.  Is that in the RAW or JPG?  I'm sure if it's a firmware issue that it could be pretty easily pulled out by adjusting purple or magenta saturation in Lightroom, but it would be good to identify if it's a sensor issue.  The fact that not everyone seems to be seeing it but some absolutely are, does make me wonder if it's a sensor issue.  I'm not sure the science behind it, maybe the sensor is getting hot?  I have no idea if that makes sense, just thinking in text.
2021-11-20
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem has been reported in another forum.
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... -color-tint.118335/
2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Chest Rockwell Posted at 11-20 19:50
That said I agree that on your images it is clearly obvious even with no adjustments to the photo.  Is that in the RAW or JPG?  I'm sure if it's a firmware issue that it could be pretty easily pulled out by adjusting purple or magenta saturation in Lightroom, but it would be good to identify if it's a sensor issue.  The fact that not everyone seems to be seeing it but some absolutely are, does make me wonder if it's a sensor issue.  I'm not sure the science behind it, maybe the sensor is getting hot?  I have no idea if that makes sense, just thinking in text.

Guy on mavic pilots got this reply from dji regarding color shift purple etc.
2021-11-20
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Chest Rockwell Posted at 11-20 19:50
That said I agree that on your images it is clearly obvious even with no adjustments to the photo.  Is that in the RAW or JPG?  I'm sure if it's a firmware issue that it could be pretty easily pulled out by adjusting purple or magenta saturation in Lightroom, but it would be good to identify if it's a sensor issue.  The fact that not everyone seems to be seeing it but some absolutely are, does make me wonder if it's a sensor issue.  I'm not sure the science behind it, maybe the sensor is getting hot?  I have no idea if that makes sense, just thinking in text.

This is all RAW format.
I shot the photos with a fixed f8 and the ISO at 100
2021-11-21
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 23:10
Guy on mavic pilots got this reply from dji regarding color shift purple etc.
[view_image]

Yes, I came across that one.
Seems to be mixed response from DJI.
Some saying it's firmware and others it's hardware...
2021-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

benholmes541 Posted at 11-21 03:15
Yes, I came across that one.
Seems to be mixed response from DJI.
Some saying it's firmware and others it's hardware...

Ive sent message to two moderators to comment on your post. Lets see if they come along and what they have to say.
2021-11-21
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just shot this at a white artboard. No adjustments on this image.
Did the same from f2.8 to f11 but no huge difference.

2021-11-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

The 4/3 sensor will start to experience diffraction limit resolution degradation at ƒ8. Unsure if diffraction limiting is part of this problem but thought it worth mentioning.
2021-11-21
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 11-21 14:30
The 4/3 sensor will start to experience diffraction limit resolution degradation at ƒ8. Unsure if diffraction limiting is part of this problem but thought it worth mentioning.

I gave it a test yesterday against a whiteboad and saw the issue at all apertures.
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue. We are working on it and it is preliminarily determined that the issue occurs due to software algorithm error, which will be resolved through firmware update. Please pay attention to latest firmware update information.
Currently, you may try to increase the aperture and lower the shutter and ISO. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-22
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 11-22 04:10
Hi there, we are sorry for the issue. We are working on it and it is preliminarily determined that the issue occurs due to software algorithm error, which will be resolved through firmware update. Please pay attention to latest firmware update information.
Currently, you may try to increase the aperture and lower the shutter and ISO. Sorry again for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This supposed to be calibrated by Hasselblad ???
Where is the "color science"? I mean we can understand that some things are missing, but the camera have a logo of a respectable company...and is far from H quality where everything they make is mostly manual and checked also piece by piece manual...
2021-11-22
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-22 04:10
Hi there, we are sorry for the issue. We are working on it and it is preliminarily determined that the issue occurs due to software algorithm error, which will be resolved through firmware update. Please pay attention to latest firmware update information.

If this is the case I would believe that we should have got more reports about this problem as it should show up in all Mavic 3 units. Software problem can't affect some units and not others if they are using the same FW? Mine went back for a replacement.
2021-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansc69683fa Posted at 11-22 09:27
If this is the case I would believe that we should have got more reports about this problem as it should show up in all Mavic 3 units. Software problem can't affect some units and not others if they are using the same FW? Mine went back for a replacement.

Did you send back or they advised you to send back ?
2021-11-22
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

hallmark007 Posted at 11-22 09:51
Did you send back or they advised you to send back ?

I sent it back. On mavicpilots there was another user with the same issue and he got told by DJI that this is a hardware issue. Also I didn't want to wait for a firmware update that might or might not fix the issue. There is also no ETA for the update, DJI support didn't answer my question about that.
2021-11-22
Use props
benholmes541
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Either it is a hardware issue or people just haven't noticed it.
I happened to have my first flight on a dull flat overcast day, which made it obvious to me.

Today I was out again with clear skies and it's much harder to detect
Shot at 1/50sec f11 at ISO100 and unedited
2021-11-22
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah, nice. With some colour in the image it's so subtle you have know its there and "go looking for it". I'd say nobody who hadn't been frequenting these forums over the past week or so would notice anything there. It's good to hear in other threads that DJI are working on a firmware fix for it.
2021-11-22
Use props
fansc69683fa
lvl.4
Finland

Most likely a hardware failure:

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... page-2#post-1341734
2021-11-22
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Thats color bleeding.  Very Bad.  I suggest opening/submitting a support ticket.  You are NOT alone.  Many have the same problem.  I saw a review by Potato Jet on Youtube and he caught it during his testing.   I decided Not to purchase and hold on to my Inspire2.   I hope you get it sorted out.  All the Best!!!
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is because the phenomenon usually occurs when the aperture is set to a small value. Our engineers had located the issue and will optimize it via the firmware update. Please wait for the update. Apologize again for the issue, hope for your patience.
2021-11-26
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

When will this firmware update be available? Mine delivers even worse images. This one is a white wall.

In the picture I see purple and green.  Also an ugly black line on the right-bottom corner.

I can't believe this can be fixed by a firmware update.

2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules