Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 3 Vision Sensors and not working and intermittant IMU issues?
12Next >
17749 55 2021-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey all (and DJI),

Just got my Mavic 3 Cine a few days ago. I'm experiencing a few issues getting the following errors:

Issue 1 -- Vision Sensors:
  • FWD and BKWD unavailable
  • LEFT/RIGHT unavailable
  • UP/DOWN unavailable

Issue 2 -- IMU Gimbal calibration
Intermittantly, I am getting IMU and gimbal errors and to contact DJI support. This is usually resolved from me recalibrating the IMU which seems to fix it. I contacted DJI support and they recommended calibrating the IMU which I already did.

Issue 3 -- Camera sometimes does not come on. Very strange activity for a brand new drone. Usually resolved from turning off and back on.

Any resolution to this?? Is this a firmware bug or did I receive a drone with deeper concerns?

Thanks.

2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First this is not normal and you shouldn’t be experiencing this. I don’t believe there is a quick fix for all these errors “Problems”.

I would from experience do a Full factory reset through dji assistant and if doesn’t solve problems then you will have to return to dji.
2021-11-20
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update -- it seems as though the camera is also more persistent. The camera was on and upon launching it about 50 feet, the screen went black and white and froze. So I returned the drone back to home. I turned off and back on the screen was black once again (no camera). Very strange activity. I've owned many DJI drones and this is the first I've seen this problem.
2021-11-20
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 11:05
First this is not normal and you shouldn’t be experiencing this. I don’t believe there is a quick fix for all these errors “Problems”.

I would from experience do a Full factory reset through dji assistant and if doesn’t solve problems then you will have to return to dji.

Are you referring to DJI assistant on the Mac/PC? If so, what's the proper software for the Mavic 3?
2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bcharleson Posted at 11-20 11:33
Are you referring to DJI assistant on the Mac/PC? If so, what's the proper software for the Mavic 3?

I’m not certain if its up on dji website yet, but if you go to dji.com and go to downloads you’ll see if Mavic 3 is available to download
2021-11-20
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-20 11:38
I’m not certain if its up on dji website yet, but if you go to dji.com and go to downloads you’ll see if Mavic 3 is available to download

Thanks -- found it. DJI Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones Series. Although it doesn't have calibration on there unfortunately. Will have to do a firmware refresh and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the tip.

@DJI -- please chime in. Thanks.
2021-11-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bcharleson Posted at 11-20 11:44
Thanks -- found it. DJI Assistant 2 for Consumer Drones Series. Although it doesn't have calibration on there unfortunately. Will have to do a firmware refresh and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for the tip.

@DJI -- please chime in. Thanks.

No problem your welcome, hope it might sort it for you.
2021-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi bcharleson, we are sorry for the issues you encountered. Please help to isolate the issue.

For the vision system errors, may I know if the errors persist after taking off? If the errors only existed while the drone is on the ground/before takeoff, that is normal. When the aircraft is placed on the ground, vision sensors will automatically turn off to save power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, vision sensors will turn on. Please rest assured to use it.

For IMU and Gimbal calibration, please make sure to calibrate them on a flat surface. Try to restart the drone and check again. Please let me know if the errors existed frequently.

Regarding the gimbal issue, please be advised that Mavic 3 supports the gimbal axes lock feature: for more convenient storage, the gimbal axes will lock automatically after the aircraft is powered off and unlocked when it is powered on again. Please double confirm that if the issue exists after the drone is powered off, or if you are using the drone at operating temperature.

Hppe these provide you with some information.

2021-11-21
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-21 00:41
Hi bcharleson, we are sorry for the issues you encountered. Please help to isolate the issue.

For the vision system errors, may I know if the errors persist after taking off? If the errors only existed while the drone is on the ground/before takeoff, that is normal. When the aircraft is placed on the ground, vision sensors will automatically turn off to save power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, vision sensors will turn on. Please rest assured to use it.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for responding. Alice also reached out and it looks to be consistently giving me vision errors; even while in flight. The front cameras also do not come on.

2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bcharleson Posted at 11-21 07:31
Hi Susan,

Thanks for responding. Alice also reached out and it looks to be consistently giving me vision errors; even while in flight. The front cameras also do not come on.

Thank you for getting back, sorry for your issues. Could you please help to export the flight log and controller log via DJI Assistant 2 and send them to me? I'd love to have our engineers check on this issue.
You can upload the files to Dropbox/Google Drive and send me the link.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
2021-11-22
Use props
fans446706e2
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am also experiencing the same issue my entire vision system is unavailable and I believe it happened when I updated the dji fly app but I am not for sure. Any solutions?  
2021-11-22
Use props
fans446706e2
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-22 01:55
Thank you for getting back, sorry for your issues. Could you please help to export the flight log and controller log via DJI Assistant 2 and send them to me? I'd love to have our engineers check on this issue.
You can upload the files to Dropbox/Google Drive and send me the link.
Look forward to hearing back from you.

I am also experiencing the same issue my entire vision system is unavailable and I believe it happened when I updated the dji fly app but I am not for sure. Any solutions?  
2021-11-23
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Wow....Susan, your department of Quality control is offline and not working?
I mean, we understand that is a new drone, but a 5000 USD drone does not have a QC before shipping? Or just send it away?
In this case, how is working the trust from your customers that all is fine and in parameters?
First the purple issue in almost all sensors, but is "Hasselblad colors calibrated"...really?
Second was the distortion of pictures, as a few users saw in DNG, portions of sensor that does not focus properly....
Now is full of errors, most of them on Cine version....

Doubtful QC Dept.
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans446706e2 Posted at 11-23 23:17

Hi, I am sorry for the belated reply. Just to double confirm, the visual systems are showing unavailable after taking off, right?
Could you please provide the flight data from the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2? We would love to check more about this. Please upload the flight data to Dropbox/Google Drive and send me the link. We are concerned about this and look forward to hearing back from you soon.
2021-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-23 23:50
Wow....Susan, your department of Quality control is offline and not working?
I mean, we understand that is a new drone, but a 5000 USD drone does not have a QC before shipping? Or just send it away?
In this case, how is working the trust from your customers that all is fine and in parameters?

I am sorry for the issues. For the color deviation issue, the phenomenon usually occurs when the aperture is set to a small value. Please try to increase the aperture and lower the shutter and ISO. It will be optimized through the firmware update.
Regarding the distortion issue, may I have the link to the post for the detailed information?
2021-11-26
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 11-26 05:30
I am sorry for the issues. For the color deviation issue, the phenomenon usually occurs when the aperture is set to a small value. Please try to increase the aperture and lower the shutter and ISO. It will be optimized through the firmware update.
Regarding the distortion issue, may I have the link to the post for the detailed information?

Are you joking? Air2S have 2.8 and have no color deviation.
You say that Mavic 3 in 2.8 is normal to have color deviation to purple, as this is Hasselblad Color science?

))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2021-11-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Susan Posted at 11-26 05:30

He doesn’t own a Mavic 3, he flys a Mini …..
2021-11-26
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

I too am now having the vision sensor issues while in flight - and a loss of control periodically.  Also started getting an error that the controller is not bound to the drone all of the sudden?  
2021-11-26
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Anyone?  Has this issue been resolved?  Trying to decide today if I’m sending this back or not.
2021-11-28
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Was prompted by DJI to send drone back to them. Received UPS label and returning for exchange. Shall see how this turns out..
2021-11-29
Use props
Techotone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407195 ft
Australia

Have the same issue here all sensors showing red however L&R U&D started working one time I turned it on but then failed the next time .   Camera seems fine though.  Have only done testing so havent been game to fly it yet until I get this resolved.  Is there fix or is this going back?
2021-11-29
Use props
Techotone
lvl.1
Australia

Have the same issue here all sensors showing red however L&R U&D started working one time I turned it on but then failed the next time .   Camera seems fine though.  Have only done testing so havent been game to fly it yet until I get this resolved.  Is there fix or is this going back?
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_u3v4XLlcRtVX
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,
I have the same issue as reported above; no vision sensors are available.
I have not flown a drone before, and am reluctant to take off as the pre-flight instructions state not to do so with an error condition reported. And this is displayed as an error condition; it is in red.
Is this a firmware problem? I loaded the updated firmware on 29 November.
Regards,
Bernard
2021-11-29
Use props
Techotone
lvl.1
Australia

Ok mine is now fixed. I rang support and they told me to ininstall the DJI Fly app from my ipad and reinstall it from the DJI site.  Initially i couldnt see the difference but now when I took off (indoors so was only 1 m off the ground) the obstavle detection bars were visibale and the red unavailable warning disappeared.  They come back on when i land which is apparently a battery saving feature.
2021-12-1
Use props
Marcusp1974
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1208635 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the same issues sensors unavailable. I had to send my previous drone back to DJI as it crashed. My “new” drone that got sent to me is doing exactly the same, sensors unavailable.!!
2022-3-26
Use props
fans1d00fbef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8507 ft
Egypt

I have error 180059
Please need solve
A70DEDBD-E56B-419B-9F31-4B1A87F449B1.jpeg
89BF4CE9-E6DD-4008-92F1-E6824D638FBD.jpeg
2022-4-12
Use props
MAllen57
New
Flight distance : 591 ft
United States

Hey all (and DJI),

I have a Mavic 3 Cine. Have never flown it. After the firmware update experienced same issues getting the following errors:

Issue 1 -- Vision Sensors:
FWD and BKWD unavailable
LEFT/RIGHT unavailable
UP/DOWN unavailable

Issue 3 -- Camera sometimes does not come on. Very strange activity for a brand new drone. Not resolved from turning off and back on.

I connected support. As it seems, it is true in the update they allow the errors to appear while drone is one the ground to save battery...I tested...once in flight the vision sensors turn on...You only see these errors when the drone is on the ground.

As for the camera. After I updated the firmware, my camera supposedly stopped coming on, when before the camera started by default when you turn the RC and Fly on. I connected support, as it turns out with the firmware update the camera still works, it just does not come on by default any longer, video does. All you have to do is switch it to photos if you want to take photos. I tested and flew my Mavic for the first time today and everything is working great!

Thanks.
2022-4-21
Use props
kstaks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 110397 ft
  • >>>
United States

hello, is there anyway to disable gimbal lock?
Sometimes im asked by clients to fly from outdoors to indoors and in doing so I need to shut down the motors but when that happens and the gimbal lock engages then it causes a very noticeable shaking in the camera that we cannot avoid.  
Thank you
2022-4-28
Use props
fans5278affe
New
Mexico

Hi
I just get my Mavic 3 yesterday and I cannot make it to fly. Got this error. How can I fix this? For being a new drone I should not have to experience this I think. Please help!!!!
FWD and BKWD unavailable
LEFT/RIGHT unavailable
UP/DOWN unavailable
2022-5-30
Use props
fans5278affe
New
Mexico

fans5278affe Posted at 5-30 19:23
Hi
I just get my Mavic 3 yesterday and I cannot make it to fly. Got this error. How can I fix this? For being a new drone I should not have to experience this I think. Please help!!!!
FWD and BKWD unavailable

Please help
2022-5-30
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

kstaks Posted at 4-28 09:26
hello, is there anyway to disable gimbal lock?
Sometimes im asked by clients to fly from outdoors to indoors and in doing so I need to shut down the motors but when that happens and the gimbal lock engages then it causes a very noticeable shaking in the camera that we cannot avoid.  
Thank you

Hey Kstaks,

Do you mean when you fly in from outdoors to indoors, you engage emergency motor shut off function? This is very interesting to hear, did not realize people use that function, if that is what you mean. I also sometimes experience camera vibration / camera displacement to the left or right showing props, but that is easily fixable by gimbal calibration on the ground or triggering return to home function for a few seconds (if I need to fix the gimbal shift to the right or left in mid air w/o landing) as triggering RTH seems to reset gimbal to straight normal position.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-5-31
Use props
GiuFed 68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7110 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2021-11-21 00:41

For the vision system errors, may I know if the errors persist after taking off? If the errors only existed while the drone is on the ground/before takeoff, that is normal. When the aircraft is placed on the ground, vision sensors will automatically turn off to save power consumption. When the aircraft takes off, vision sensors will turn on. Please rest assured to use it.
Hi but has it always been like this, that is, that the sensors are activated after having armed the engines? I remember, if I'm not mistaken, that before the last updates the sensors were active even before taking off. I'm wrong? Thanks in advance.
2022-6-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GiuFed 68 Posted at 6-2 06:30
Hi but has it always been like this, that is, that the sensors are activated after having armed the engines? I remember, if I'm not mistaken, that before the last updates the sensors were active even before taking off. I'm wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hi there, with firmware later than 01.00.05.00, to save power consumption, the vision sensors will be turned off when it is on the ground. Vision sensors will be on when the pilot starts the props. Hope this is informative for you.
2022-6-2
Use props
GiuFed 68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7110 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 6-2 18:26
Hi there, with firmware later than 01.00.05.00, to save power consumption, the vision sensors will be turned off when it is on the ground. Vision sensors will be on when the pilot starts the props. Hope this is informative for you.

Hi after the last firmware update with the drone on (but not armed) I often get the sensor error message. I have refreshed the firmware but the message appears often.
Can you give me some information before contacting assistance?
Thank you.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_OIzIAI6idPR0
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Hey,
I am having the same issue.. Brand new Mavic 3 right out the box. I get camera malfunction error 10096, image does transmit to iPhone/controller when I takeoff.
Called customer service, absolutely so inconsiderate. Zero help troubleshooting and actually hung up on me. I couldn’t find much out after digging pretty deep. Going to send in for repair. Crazy how awful service/qc is for a expensive product.
Any updates from your end? I will update after service. Feel like having my fiancé bash the Mavic 3 on her IG (Has 859k follower lol) .. so upsetting but plan to refrain till after service.
2022-6-17
Use props
djiuser_OIzIAI6idPR0
New
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

bcharleson Posted at 2021-11-29 10:05
Was prompted by DJI to send drone back to them. Received UPS label and returning for exchange. Shall see how this turns out..

How’d it end up?
2022-6-17
Use props
Munasif
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77244 ft
Saudi Arabia

Hello everyone this is Mohammed from Saudi Arabia,
Still the same issue with me since I updated to 1000.500 till the new update 1000.800 I am facing same issue so only the solution I am doing that I switch off the Obstacle avoidance which it is really  nervous
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_6i1Yej8cK9s8
New

Russia

Hey there friends!
I'm having this issues, it says that I've to calibrate my gimbal, but after calibration it is not getting away.

Any solution?

Code 180059
Code 40027
Code 30008
2022-7-24
Use props
djiuser_v10yQoJbgNFa
New

United States

Scary that no solution has been posted
2022-8-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_v10yQoJbgNFa Posted at 8-27 17:43
Scary that no solution has been posted

Why is that scary?  This is not happening to a great majority of M3 owners and you may note that the original post was from a very long time ago.  
2022-8-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules