Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video quality not as good as Phantom 4 Pro
1584 7 2021-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dennis D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143468 ft
  • >>>
United States

My original drone was the Phantom 4 Pro and I was extremely happy with the quality of video when shooting in 4K and 60fps. Long story short, that one decided to fly away and never to be seen again so I upgraded last year to the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. The captured video does not appear to be as "crisp" as the first model and now I even get JPG artifacts when exporting with Adobe Premier. I use the settings for YouTube, H.264, 2160 4K Ultra HD as I've done in the past, but the quality just doesn't seem to be what it was with my first drone.
The third scene in particular is a low fly-over of a marsh and you can see a lot of jpg artifacting. The original MP4 file is not as bad, but does show some degradation of quality in the same areas. Has anyone else experienced this change in quality?

2021-11-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

that one decided to fly away and never to be seen again
Drones don't "that one decide to fly away".
There will have been an explanation for the incident and it probably could have been identified from the recorded flight data.

The video looks very good, I didn't notice the issue you mentioned.
The subject matter would make a lot of demands on the image compression.
I'd be surprised if there's any difference in video between the original and V2, as they have the same camera.

2021-11-20
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-20 17:12
that one decided to fly away and never to be seen again
Drones don't "that one decide to fly away".
There will have been an explanation for the incident and it probably could have been identified from the recorded flight data.

Short story long, I did upload the flight log from that flight for review. I started getting messages about cellular interference and then lost contact with the drone. It wouldn't respond to RTH and was only 1,000 feet away. The phrase "it decided to fly away" was meant as humor

As far as the quality issue, I'm going to revisit some scenes I shot with the original P4P and shoot with the V2 for a better comparison. Thank you for the reply.
2021-11-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dennis D Posted at 11-21 05:13
Short story long, I did upload the flight log from that flight for review. I started getting messages about cellular interference and then lost contact with the drone. It wouldn't respond to RTH and was only 1,000 feet away. The phrase "it decided to fly away" was meant as humor

As far as the quality issue, I'm going to revisit some scenes I shot with the original P4P and shoot with the V2 for a better comparison. Thank you for the reply.

Short story long, I did upload the flight log from that flight for review. I started getting messages about cellular interference and then lost contact with the drone. It wouldn't respond to RTH and was only 1,000 feet away.

That's quite confusing and doesn't explain what happened.
There's no message about cellular interference, just generic interference.
Interference, at worst would only swamp the control signal, which would initiate RTh as the loss of signal action.
Failing to respond to RTH is unlikely.
If you have signal it will respond, if you've lost signal that initiates RTH.
I'd be interested to find out what actually happened, if you started a new thread and posted the flight data again.
2021-11-22
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 11-22 13:25
Short story long, I did upload the flight log from that flight for review. I started getting messages about cellular interference and then lost contact with the drone. It wouldn't respond to RTH and was only 1,000 feet away.

That's quite confusing and doesn't explain what happened.

That was 2 years ago and the topic was pretty well covered by those with experience like yourself. The actual message was "Strong wireless interference", I just couldn't remember exactly what it was. Anyway, I've put all that behind me now
2021-11-22
Use props
delfin2003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170869 ft
Russia

The ideal situation would be to fly two drones on identical path, height and same video settings. Upload the video files and compare them and provide the link for download. You can probably rent P4P for a day somewhere if you really think it's worth it.
2021-11-22
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

delfin2003 Posted at 11-22 15:02
The ideal situation would be to fly two drones on identical path, height and same video settings. Upload the video files and compare them and provide the link for download. You can probably rent P4P for a day somewhere if you really think it's worth it.

No such luck around here renting an older drone. I have numerous captures from where I live that I can get pretty close to the same shot. It may just be my failing eyesight, but the difference was evident the first few videos I shot with my new one. Thank you for commenting.
2021-11-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could be that you'd set the parameters, i.e. sharpness on the older p4p and forgot that you'd done it, perhaps its not just ya eyes failing, happens to the best of us lol
2021-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules