5360 57 2021-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292224 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone been having issues with the Mavic 3 when Obstacle Avoidance is enabled? I have purchased 2 Mavic 3's. First one I returned to Best Buy do to very inconsistant speeds when flying in Normal Mode. 2nd Mavic I purchased is having the same issue, but a LOT worse. When Ostacle Avoidance is enabled, the Mavic 3 consistently speeds up and slows down. Almost like it detects something in front of it every second(when nothing is there). Also does not show any warnings on the screen. Seems to happen worse the higher up I am. This is in Normal mode with stick all the way forward.

If I turn obstacle avoidance off, it flys fine

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/img-4002?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0
This was the first Mavic 3 I Purchased. It would slow down for no reason(no warnings on the screen)

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/img-4174?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0
The 2nd Mavic 3 Purchased. This is with the stick full forward. You can watch the speed and hear the drone speed up, stop, speed up, stop...

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/mavic-3-issue?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0
It's hard to tell but this is some of the footage it creates

2021-11-20
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

My $5,000 Mavic Cine 3 is having the exact same issues you describe in your text and videos. Following closely…
2021-11-20
Use props
CGPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine seems to slow down a lot if I turn at all. I don't see this on the Mavic 2
2021-11-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not seen that problem in mine and I always have OA on.
2021-11-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen several commenters stating that the OA is way too sensitive on the Mavic 3.  If it flies just fine with OA turned off and then has speed issues with it on that seems to indicate OA needs tweaking.  Hopefully, DJI will take note and provide a solution.
2021-11-21
Use props
Travelwild
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7759249 ft
Italy

Same problem here..
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here but it’s not a constant thing. I think I saw your post on Reddit as well. I’m hoping DJI will address this
2021-11-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have that when flying low but once I am around 50 meters or so high, the drone flies at a constant speed with the OA on but in saying that I turn it off mostly once I clear a lot of obstacles as it saves on battery usage.
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If there is a solution or if anyone hears any information on this can you please post
2021-11-21
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 11-21 12:38
If there is a solution or if anyone hears any information on this can you please post

I've been all over Reddit, here, etc. And I have not found a solution yet. Hoping this is will be addressed through a simple software tweak and it is not a hardware problem.
2021-11-21
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same problem here, please sort asap.
2021-11-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Is the AC oriented towards the sun by chance? I've experienced OA issues on the original Mavic when flying towards the sun, but with 360 coverage I guess you can't use the workaround of avoiding sunward flight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2021-11-21
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 11-21 15:52
Is the AC oriented towards the sun by chance? I've experienced OA issues on the original Mavic when flying towards the sun, but with 360 coverage I guess you can't use the workaround of avoiding sunward flight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No, it happens with any orientation to the sun.  Also happens in overcast.  I do know what you're talking about though.  I've had that happen with one of my Phantom 4 pros.
2021-11-21
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

When obstacle avoidance is on And flies less than 4 meters from the ground then it slows down. The lower it flies the less speed it goes. I think DJI will fix it and make it one meter or so because all this slows down APAS 5.0
2021-11-21
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 11-21 16:15
When obstacle avoidance is on And flies less than 4 meters from the ground then it slows down. The lower it flies the less speed it goes. I think DJI will fix it and make it one meter or so because all this slows down APAS 5.0

Mine is worse the higher I go. When I'm close to the ground it will just go slow. If I'm above 30 meters it will consistently speed up, then slow down, over and over.
2021-11-21
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Did quite a bit of testing today.. Altitude between 20-120 meters. Went through multiple batteries and different scenarios.. open fields, and a beach to try to limit objects it may seeing to cause the increases and decreases in speeds.
What I came up with is it's way worse on a fully charged battery. Once the battery gets below 50%, I don't have the issues as often. But it's still to the point where any footage over 7-10 seconds is unusable do to how abrupt the increases and decreases in speed are in that time frame.

Also another thing that seemed to help some was if I disabled OA, reenabled it, disabled it again, then reenabled it once more.  Instead of it happening every second or so.. It changed to about 5-6 seconds.
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans5487c9f0 Posted at 11-21 19:08
Did quite a bit of testing today.. Altitude between 20-120 meters. Went through multiple batteries and different scenarios.. open fields, and a beach to try to limit objects it may seeing to cause the increases and decreases in speeds.
What I came up with is it's way worse on a fully charged battery. Once the battery gets below 50%, I don't have the issues as often. But it's still to the point where any footage over 7-10 seconds is unusable do to how abrupt the increases and decreases in speed are in that time frame.

Hi, there. Sorry for the problem you've experiencing. We are very concerned about this problem and really want to help you solve it. Could you please help to provide the following information to me? I would love to have our engineers investigate the issue.
1. A video of the issues described on the post
2. The Flight Controller Aircraft Data of Mavic 3:
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:
DJI Mavic 3: https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
And then please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive so I can download them.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your cooperation.
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MM M3 Cine Posted at 11-20 19:30
My $5,000 Mavic Cine 3 is having the exact same issues you describe in your text and videos. Following closely…

Hi, there. Sorry for the problem you've experiencing. We are very concerned about this problem and really want to help you solve it. We hope to get more data to help us locate the problem. If it is convenient for you, can you provide us with the following information, thank you very much for your cooperation.
1. A video of the issues.
2. The Flight Controller Aircraft Data of Mavic 3 Cine:
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:
DJI Mavic 3: https://www.dji.com/au/downloads ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
And then please upload the files to Dropbox or Google Drive so I can download them.
2021-11-21
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Have you tried to calibrate the sensors with DJI Assistant?
2021-11-22
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-21 22:14
Hi, there. Sorry for the problem you've experiencing. We are very concerned about this problem and really want to help you solve it. Could you please help to provide the following information to me? I would love to have our engineers investigate the issue.

Okay I will try this

2021-11-22
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

1. A video of the issues described on the post

Here is a more clear video of the issue I'm having. This is with full throttle in normal mode

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/img-4216?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

Here is the flight data
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zO031uIdLfxQCUjcKmboLFFGrir09deZ/view?usp=sharing
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans5487c9f0 Posted at 11-22 16:56
Here is a more clear video of the issue I'm having. This is with full throttle in normal mode

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/img-4216?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0

Thank you for your information! We have transferred them to the appropriate engineer, will look into them and give you an update soon. My sincere apologies in regards to this experience.
2021-11-22
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Can you let us know what DJI reply is. I’m pretty sure they are not going to post it on here and message you direct even though it seems to be effecting a lot of us
2021-11-23
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 11-23 11:29
Can you let us know what DJI reply is. I’m pretty sure they are not going to post it on here and message you direct even though it seems to be effecting a lot of us

I’ll post here as soon as I hear something. I just hope I don’t get the same answer as I did through there live chat. Pretty much saying that’s how Obstacle Avoidance works and that it senses objects from farther away.
2021-11-23
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

fans5487c9f0 Posted at 11-23 12:07
I’ll post here as soon as I hear something. I just hope I don’t get the same answer as I did through there live chat. Pretty much saying that’s how Obstacle Avoidance works and that it senses objects from farther away.

I bet that answer is: " After analyzing the video REST ASSURED that the drone is behaving normally, just keep flying" ))))))
2021-11-24
Use props
Paride Musci
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem with my Mavic 3, it slow down in the middle of nowhere, I not understand if it's due to the sun, shadows or something else, some footages are to trash because of this. I hope it will be fixed in a next firmware update or I will return or sell it, i have also lag issues that I never experienced with my M2P.
2021-11-24
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I haven’t heard back yet
2021-11-30
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-1
Use props
Polarphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322493 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hello from Finland,

Same issues here with Mavic3.  Random slowdowns while flying from the beginning and in first flight. Not height or amount of light dependent. Occurs during daylight, sunlight or cloudy weather. Even on totally open field (icy seabed).   Seems like its bug, how come DJI didnt notice this bug in pre-production testing?   

Fix it ASAP !
2021-12-7
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Polarphoto Posted at 12-7 01:15
Hello from Finland,

Same issues here with Mavic3.  Random slowdowns while flying from the beginning and in first flight. Not height or amount of light dependent. Occurs during daylight, sunlight or cloudy weather. Even on totally open field (icy seabed).   Seems like its bug, how come DJI didnt notice this bug in pre-production testing?   

DJI's customer service has really sucked since getting the Mavic 3. They have been zero help with my issue. Sent them video's and logs over 2 weeks ago and they just got back to me a few days ago saying they can't find anything in the logs and now recommend me sending the unit in for further evaluation.
You would think with a drone costing this much money, and having more then one person having these types of issues.. They would be a little more helpful in getting this issue taken care of
2021-12-7
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-7
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yaros1 Posted at 11-22 00:16
Have you tried to calibrate the sensors with DJI Assistant?

There is no calibration option within Assistant 2 for M3.... Yet!
2021-12-7
Use props
MM M3 Cine
lvl.2
United States

I installed both the aircraft and smart controller with the 10/12/21 firmware updates today and flew around. The firmware updates made absolutely ZERO difference in resolving the obstacle avoidance issues in this post… Anyone else have any luck?
2021-12-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

FWIW, I tested this yesterday by flying the M3 in completely obstacle-free environment at full speed, ending in an area with a bunch of trees, which he avoided by flying around with only slight speed loss; then e free area again and then directly to my car at a height of 1 m, which he avoided again bij flying over it.
No change in speed in the obstacle-free zones and only a bit of slowing down when avoiding obstacles.
So the setup was 300 meters of free space then the trees and some bushes, 200 m of free space again and then my car, all in one straight line.
12-10 firmware
2021-12-12
Use props
fans5487c9f0
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I’m suppose to be sending my drone back to get it replaced. But I did want to try the firmware upgrade before doing so. I would say 75% of my issue is fixed. It will still slow down at random times(wide open space) but no where near what it was doing before the firmware upgrade.
2021-12-12
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine is slightly better after update, but as before whilst in APAS in bypass mode and all 5K footage is total crap, in brake mod its brilliant, and 4K in bypass mode everything works brilliant, obstacle avoidance and footage is brilliant, and its the same on all 5 of my SanDisk Extreme Pro cards, also tried on internal memory, and just the same unusable 5K. and this is on all frame rates.
2021-12-12
Use props
dangerousjohnie
lvl.1

Greece

I have the same issue with my M3 cine.
Plus, when flying full pitch in any direction, throttle UP and DOWN movement is not working. You need to ease the pitch stick inn order to achieve a height change!
I almost crash the thing on a big motocross kicker the other day.
Normal mode operation is not even close to this of a M2P and I think no one can do something unless DJI takes care of it in a future update.
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_UAjY1IoYP6Qi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546558 ft
Poland

Same issue here. Problems only in N and flying forward with OA set to bypass. OA set to brake works fine.
2022-2-22
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UAjY1IoYP6Qi Posted at 2-22 05:51
Same issue here. Problems only in N and flying forward with OA set to bypass. OA set to brake works fine.

I have observed issues with backwards flying when in bypass, and it's worse than going forward.
2022-2-22
Use props
djiuser_UAjY1IoYP6Qi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546558 ft
Poland

Charles Adams Posted at 2-22 07:05
I have observed issues with backwards flying when in bypass, and it's worse than going forward.

Not the caase. Flying backward works 100% ok. But flying forward is a nightmare.
2022-2-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules