Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hi DJI support

I am not satisfied with Action 2 in nearly any aspect. If I can hope that numerous firmware bugs might be fixed but video quatily is much below my expectations. 4K footage even in the center of image looks much worse than the same footage made by my old Osmo Pocket.

How can I return the product and get refund?
2021-11-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi utkin, we are sorry to hear that the product experience with Action 2 is under your expectation. Would you mind providing a sample video from the camera for us to check further about the issue?
Please upload the video to Dropbox/Google Drive so we can download it. We are concerned about your case and hope to help more. Look forward to hearing back from you.
2021-11-20
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 11-20 23:37
Hi utkin, we are sorry to hear that the product experience with Action 2 is under your expectation. Would you mind providing a sample video from the camera for us to check further about the issue?
Please upload the video to Dropbox/Google Drive so we can download it. We are concerned about your case and hope to help more. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Any reason why? I would upload video and you would say it looks okay. But it might be ok to you and not ok to me and we would get into arguments about tastes.
If you don't accept returns I am just fine, i will sell it second hand, maybe will lose a hundred dollars but at least without the hassle of proving anything to DJI
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

utkin Posted at 11-21 02:52
Any reason why? I would upload video and you would say it looks okay. But it might be ok to you and not ok to me and we would get into arguments about tastes.
If you don't accept returns I am just fine, i will sell it second hand, maybe will lose a hundred dollars but at least without the hassle of proving anything to DJI

Hi utkin, I understand your concerns but would hope to be able to check the video issue you mentioned.  
May I know where did you purchase Action 2? If you order it from DJI Store, may I have the order number of it?
2021-11-22
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 11-22 03:57
Hi utkin, I understand your concerns but would hope to be able to check the video issue you mentioned.  
May I know where did you purchase Action 2? If you order it from DJI Store, may I have the order number of it?

Hi Susan
As I mentioned I did not like video quality compared to the same footage shot by my Osmo pocket but as I have said I am fine and can sell the item faster than by going though formal return process. Thank you for looking into the matter
2021-11-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fail to see the point in asking if you can return your action 2 if you can sell it and get a faster return on it. I get there are issues that a lot of folks are seeing with the action 2 right now. I am actually enjoying mine and I have had a couple of issues crop up. I have the luxury of being able to wait for firmware updates to address the issues that folks are seeing, but I do wish they were a little quicker to trickle out than they currently are.  To my knowledge there had only been one update to be released and that was on the day the action 2 itself was released and as much as folks are reporting I would’ve expected at least one update if not two to help with these issues. But I’m not DJI and can’t dictate as much. Anyway, I’ve digressed.
2021-11-22
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

JodyB Posted at 11-22 18:03
I fail to see the point in asking if you can return your action 2 if you can sell it and get a faster return on it. I get there are issues that a lot of folks are seeing with the action 2 right now. I am actually enjoying mine and I have had a couple of issues crop up. I have the luxury of being able to wait for firmware updates to address the issues that folks are seeing, but I do wish they were a little quicker to trickle out than they currently are.  To my knowledge there had only been one update to be released and that was on the day the action 2 itself was released and as much as folks are reporting I would’ve expected at least one update if not two to help with these issues. But I’m not DJI and can’t dictate as much. Anyway, I’ve digressed.

The point was was that if DJI accepts the return I simply walk into their shop where I bought the camera, return it and get money back. Now I see that selling it as second hand is much easier option.

The fact you are enjoying Action 2 just confirms that everyone has its own tastes and quality criteria so i am not going to prove anything to anyone
2021-11-22
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’m not asking you to prove any points. I just don’t see yours. It may not be the case, but it comes across as if you just wanted to complain. If it was within the return window, you wouldn’t need DJI’s permission to return it. You would just box it back up your receipt of purchase and take it back. The point I made where I said I was enjoying mine, you only made mention of that part and not the part where I’ve had issues as well. But I’m not on here asking for a refund because I’m well past the window of return. I’m dealing with my issues until said issues can be fixed. Since you’ve had other DJI products, we should know that this is their way, put things out in a usable fashion and fix it later.

I am truly sorry that the action 2 doesn’t live up to what you’re expecting though and hope you get top sale of it and find something that suites you.
2021-11-23
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

JodyB Posted at 11-23 01:39
I’m not asking you to prove any points. I just don’t see yours. It may not be the case, but it comes across as if you just wanted to complain. If it was within the return window, you wouldn’t need DJI’s permission to return it. You would just box it back up your receipt of purchase and take it back. The point I made where I said I was enjoying mine, you only made mention of that part and not the part where I’ve had issues as well. But I’m not on here asking for a refund because I’m well past the window of return. I’m dealing with my issues until said issues can be fixed. Since you’ve had other DJI products, we should know that this is their way, put things out in a usable fashion and fix it later.

I am truly sorry that the action 2 doesn’t live up to what you’re expecting though and hope you get top sale of it and find something that suites you.

Well, I did not expect so deep psyco analysis of the reasons why I created this thread. The answer is simple - in my country return window is one week and I apparently have missed it. But I thought that maybe DJI can do something about that.

I do believe that some issues will be addressed sooner or later and that is not the main reason to return the item. But video quality is likely to be hardware problem and I doubt  it can be fixed by FW upgrade. Hope this helps and we can get back discussing gadgets unless you study mental science here
2021-11-23
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You didn’t mention till your last post that you were past your return window. Which is why I didn’t understand why you didn’t just take it back. Please don’t question my logic for trying to understand something that wasn’t clear to begin with.
2021-11-23
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

JodyB Posted at 11-23 14:14
You didn’t mention till your last post that you were past your return window. Which is why I didn’t understand why you didn’t just take it back. Please don’t question my logic for trying to understand something that wasn’t clear to begin with.

Fine, no problems.
By the way new FW released yesterday fixes none of major issues I reported, not sure if they fixed yours. Now your confidence in DJI is still same strong?
2021-11-23
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

utkin Posted at 11-23 17:28
Fine, no problems.
By the way new FW released yesterday fixes none of major issues I reported, not sure if they fixed yours. Now your confidence in DJI is still same strong?

I have confidence in no company to be honest. DJI is no exception. Just stating my personal experience.

I've been a DJI customer long enough to know that the customers are their main test bed. Not my personal preference but that is truly what I feel is the DJI experience. I have several DJI products and the experience was all the same, nothing worked 100% perfect as I would have expected right out of the box. It took time, people reporting issues, firmware releases along the way to get to a point of what I (or most) would think a product should be out of the box and eventually getting to a point to where a new product is released and the feeling that the one it replaced still wasn't 100% finished. This seems to be the DJI experience. Some folks don't have the time or desire to go though that experience and it's their right if they choose not to. I'm not a professional and don't depend on the DJI products I have for my main source of income, only for leisure and fun so I, personally, have that time that I can afford to go through that experience, even if I don't like it.

Sorry for the long response, and either way, I'm thinking your obviously not liking the experience in this situation and sounds like you have good reason. I do hope you find a buyer for your action 2 and find something that is better suited for your needs so you can get the most of what you need it for.
2021-11-24
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

I usually don't buy gadgets just released and rather wait for some time for reviews to appear and read forums, not sure what happened to me this time. Perhaps momentary lapse of reason
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules