Canon M50 MK 11 with Raven Eye
1918 2 2021-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loovic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The HDMI & Micro USB cables on the right (looking at the rear of the camera) stick out way too far on the Canon M50 MK 11 – see pic. Therefore you cannot obtain correct gimbal balace or full gimbal movement in all axis.
Is there a solution for this cable problem. I bought the Raven Eye after checking the compatiblity on the DJI website, which says its is compatible.

RSC-2/RavenEye

RSC-2/RavenEye
2021-11-21
Use props
Loovic
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I see I didn't get any interest here – I guess this is an old issue with this Camera so the discussion is probably worn-out. I did contact DJI support and had some communication with them; strange thing is they intimated that the M50 was not compatible, I then pointed to their own info which clearly shows it is. Anyway I then set about obtaining some 90° adaptors (MicroUSB & HDMI) I finally got two that fit (and communicate) and got the rig working fully balanced (no counter-weights which was suggested by some) with full rotation with no cable fouling. So the set up is as follows: RSC-2 with Raven Eye - mounted underneath, Canon M50 MK 11, Sigma 16mm with vari. ND, also Canon 11-22mm lens, Rode Wireless Go 11, iPhone. The Active Track 3.0 works really well and with my short trial, in fairly low light, it tracked everything I tried, even at Max speed – so I guess i'll keep the system and get on with some work. Pity DJI didn't point out the connector issue and either supply the right cables/connectors or suggest where to get them!
2021-11-23
Use props
Matthew Chetcuti
New

Malta

Loovic Posted at 2021-11-23 05:26
I see I didn't get any interest here – I guess this is an old issue with this Camera so the discussion is probably worn-out. I did contact DJI support and had some communication with them; strange thing is they intimated that the M50 was not compatible, I then pointed to their own info which clearly shows it is. Anyway I then set about obtaining some 90° adaptors (MicroUSB & HDMI) I finally got two that fit (and communicate) and got the rig working fully balanced (no counter-weights which was suggested by some) with full rotation with no cable fouling. So the set up is as follows: RSC-2 with Raven Eye - mounted underneath, Canon M50 MK 11, Sigma 16mm with vari. ND, also Canon 11-22mm lens, Rode Wireless Go 11, iPhone. The Active Track 3.0 works really well and with my short trial, in fairly low light, it tracked everything I tried, even at Max speed – so I guess i'll keep the system and get on with some work. Pity DJI didn't point out the connector issue and either supply the right cables/connectors or suggest where to get them!

I have come up with the same problem. May i ask how did you managed to connect all the cables and from were did you purchase the cables ?
2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules