Transfer photos and videos from RC-Pro to iPhone
15915 27 2021-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

I guess I am an idiot, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download images from the RC-Pro to an iPhone or iPad.  I have Bluetooth enabled and can select all photos and initiate a transfer, but it fails each time.  I have firmware updated.  Anyone have any ideas?
2021-11-21
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
United States

Anyone?  This is pretty frustrating.  
2021-11-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same question earlier. I guess we're not there yet app-wise.
The only way I figured to share for now (unless you're talking skypixel):
* have wifi available (hotspot should do)
* copy content off the craft into RC
* launch Firefox or whatever app you have
* upload to whatever place you want

ALTERNATIVELY, if you have an iOS device that has Files on it, you can directly connect (powered) craft to that device using the appropriate cable. I just tried it with my M3C and iPad Pro, it showed my M3C internal drive as SSD. Then do whatever you want with them.
2021-11-21
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 11-21 14:35
I had the same question earlier. I guess we're not there yet app-wise.
The only way I figured to share for now (unless you're talking skypixel):
* have wifi available (hotspot should do)

Thanks so much to both of you for your reply.  Glad to know I’m not crazy.  Spent about 4 hours this afternoon trying to troubleshoot. Will try the files app on iOS next.  Hopefully DJI resolves this soon.  Seems like this was released a couple months too soon.  
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Harkco Posted at 11-21 15:10
Thanks so much to both of you for your reply.  Glad to know I’m not crazy.  Spent about 4 hours this afternoon trying to troubleshoot. Will try the files app on iOS next.  Hopefully DJI resolves this soon.  Seems like this was released a couple months too soon.

re: "released too soon"
Ya think? ;)
2021-11-21
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-21
Use props
The0pposition
lvl.2
Flight distance : 737539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m really frustrated with this, as this is part of my workflow. Everything I could deal with on launch, this is such a bummer.
2021-11-29
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-29
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 11-29 18:14
Yep. This is one of the biggest clear examples that this drone and the expensive remote was not ready and is essentially running beta firmware. Clearly they knew it wasn’t ready yet released it anyway. DJI is clearly projecting a pretty impressive “F you” to its customers with a release of an incomplete beta product at a premium price.

For anyone who experienced this first-hand, I guess it would be the last time they buy the product immediately after launch.
2021-11-29
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-30
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287536 ft
  • >>>
United States

For the short period I had the RC pro before returning it, I had installed Lightroom on the remote and was able to upload to albums in LR from the remote if connected to wifi. Though I'm not convinced my installation of LR was secure since you can't access the Google Play store on the remote and have to hope you get an APK file that is safe.

Apparently iOS does not allow for bluetooth file transfer (aka AirDrop) from non-iOS devices for security reasons - I read this another forum thread somewhere about the previous smart controller (also operating Android).
2021-11-30
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
United States

Magic_Sites Posted at 11-30 13:40
For the short period I had the RC pro before returning it, I had installed Lightroom on the remote and was able to upload to albums in LR from the remote if connected to wifi. Though I'm not convinced my installation of LR was secure since you can't access the Google Play store on the remote and have to hope you get an APK file that is safe.

Apparently iOS does not allow for bluetooth file transfer (aka AirDrop) from non-iOS devices for security reasons - I read this another forum thread somewhere about the previous smart controller (also operating Android).

Thanks for your reply.  The bluetooth transfer on IOS reasoning makes sense.  Wonder how they will address it with firmware.  
2021-11-30
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-30
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-30
Use props
dmtn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48957 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue, I don't think it can connect to iPhone yet. I was able to send direct to a mac on the network though. Frustrating!
2022-1-3
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

Very Simple.... You need an OTG adapter!!
I can transfer Photos or Videos direct to a USB thumbdrive from the RC Pro to any apple device..i..Pad or iPhone.
Amazon is your Friend, so do a search for USB C OTG adapter

Good Luck
2022-1-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

I have no problem transferring from drone to controller. Or just take the micro sd out of the drone and direct transfer it to your computer.
2022-1-3
Use props
djiuser_TEkxn4d0rmqE
New

United States

This is a huge flaw! DJI you need to fix this ASAP
2022-1-8
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is how I'm doing it, hope it helps.

2022-1-9
Use props
NitrixDrink
New

Brazil

Estou com o mesmo problema antes usava DJI GO4 mais neste controle não tem esse App
2022-1-24
Use props
NitrixDrink
New

Brazil

Precisamos do DJI Go 4 para o RC PRO Help (GO Share)
2022-1-24
Use props
fansd192ae1c
New
Flight distance : 75794 ft
Australia

Install the same app dji fly on your apple device. Then connect to the drone through the app and download via the quick sync in the app. Also edit clips on the phone as editing on the drone controller doesn’t allow to export from controller to iPhone afterwards. Also cannot instal other apps on the controller to export edited clips to - Facebook etc. that I could figure out, so using iPhone fixes that.
2022-2-21
Use props
MAllen57
New
Flight distance : 591 ft
United States

Hello guys....I have some information for all of you.

I have a DJI Mavic 3 CINE. Here are the steps to transfer files:

Using Quick Transfer:

Using the RC, start Fly > Go to Album > Select images > Select download > Open Fly App on mobile device > Connect to Drone > Transfer Photos and videos to Photo Album flowing prompts

Note: the Download process is important to prepare the file from cache before it can be transferred. Cache files are hidden.

Directly from Drone:

Plug the USB-C Cable provided with the UNIT from computer directly to back of drone (Not the RC). My MAC automatically recognized the unit. I was able to see file structure, copy & paste and delete files from the drone directly. No extra software needed. It gave me a clean MP4 to play on my desk top.

Note: This process is REQUIRED if your files, specifically videos are larger than 4GB. Quick Transfer does not work with large files as you can not do the download process for files over 4GB in size to prepare the cached file.

SD Cards:

There is a slot on the drone and the RC. You can put a card in both slots. You can go to your profile on the RC > Settings > Storage and switch to SD card for storage vs internal storage. You can start Fly app > touch 3 dots for settings> touch camera> switch where the files are saved to SD vs internal storage. The drone and the RC are designed to sync with one another, thus you can go:

Internal > Internal
Internal > SD
SD > Internal
SD > SD

Note: the only issue is the files larger than 4GB. They will not sync to RC. You have to export them directly by using a direct connection to the drone itself OR pull the SD card out of the drone and read it on the computer. NO EXTRA SOFTWARE Required.
2022-4-21
Use props
fans061074b3
New

United States

Harkco Posted at 2021-11-21 11:50
Anyone?  This is pretty frustrating.

Were you able to figure it out? I just did it with the easy share button on my controller this morning.
2022-9-11
Use props
djiuser_OuhhgFFbVaxC
lvl.1

Australia

@DJI please fix this we need to transfer to iPhone
2023-7-5
Use props
djiuser_OuhhgFFbVaxC
lvl.1

Australia

@dji please fix this we need to transfer from RC Pro to iPhone come on it's 2023
2023-7-5
Use props
djiuser_OuhhgFFbVaxC
lvl.1

Australia

djiuser_TEkxn4d0rmqE Posted at 2022-1-8 20:50
This is a huge flaw! DJI you need to fix this ASAP

Agreed please fix
2023-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now