559 15 2021-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The Mavic 3 shoots great videos and takes excellant photos in auto mode but playing with the settings in Pro mode gives alot more. It would be nice if some experienced person on here could explain each setting in Pro mode or make a video that would help others learn how to improve their videos/photos. I for one do not understand much about when or how to properly set up aperture, shutterspeed etc etc. When do you change these, what do you change it to.
2021-11-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

These are not specifically related to drones right?
So it can be a more'general' photography tech video?
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aperture: the size of the opening in a front camera element. It's measured in so-called "stops" (or "f/stops") It's somewhat reverse and non-linear (square root non-linear). The higher the values, the smaller the opening, the greater the depth of focus, the less light comes to the sensor. Cameras often have the "sweet spot" (typically around f/4..f/5.6) when the image is the sharpest.
Shutter speed - pretty much self-explanatory. Measured in seconds or in fractions of a second. The shorter it is, the less motion blur you can get, so use it accordingly, depending on your needs.
ISO: sensitivity. Usually starts at 100, and goes by a factor of 2 or 1.4 (square root of 2). The higher the value, the more sensitive the camera, but also the noisier the image. You normally want to keep is as low as possible.
All three work together, so if you want to keep the same "exposure" level and say, you adjust aperture from f/4 to f/5.6, you would have to either bump ISO from 100 to 200, or increase (drag) shutter speed from, say, 1/400 to 1/200.
As @Motfrooij said, it's basic photography, you can find tons of info and tutorials on the 'Net.
This is one I like: https://www.lightandmatter.org/2 ... ics-of-photography/
2021-11-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Montfrooij Posted at 11-21 13:22
These are not specifically related to drones right?
So it can be a more'general' photography tech video?

Looking more for information around how to get better photos and videos out of the M3
2021-11-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 11-21 14:21
Aperture: the size of the opening in a front camera element. It's measured in so-called "stops" (or "f/stops") It's somewhat reverse and non-linear (square root non-linear). The higher the values, the smaller the opening, the greater the depth of focus, the less light comes to the sensor. Cameras often have the "sweet spot" (typically around f/4..f/5.6) when the image is the sharpest.
Shutter speed - pretty much self-explanatory. Measured in seconds or in fractions of a second. The shorter it is, the less motion blur you can get, so use it accordingly, depending on your needs.
ISO: sensitivity. Usually starts at 100, and goes by a factor of 2 or 1.4 (square root of 2). The higher the value, the more sensitive the camera, but also the noisier the image. You normally want to keep is as low as possible.

Thanks that link was helpful, I will need to read bit more on it to understand properly.
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 11-21 17:16
Thanks that link was helpful, I will need to read bit more on it to understand properly.

You'll get it, it's not that difficult. Colour grading of h.265 D-Log is much harder
2021-11-21
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I get some time, I can try to get something made for it. It's the same principles for a DSLR/mirrorless camera. The definitions Darth listed above are good to read over. I think one of the other big things to look into is how light and your ND filters effect your image. You can deep dive into a lot of this information but it's really handy for when you're up there trying to get a good picture.
2021-11-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

erikjsschneider Posted at 11-21 20:31
If I get some time, I can try to get something made for it. It's the same principles for a DSLR/mirrorless camera. The definitions Darth listed above are good to read over. I think one of the other big things to look into is how light and your ND filters effect your image. You can deep dive into a lot of this information but it's really handy for when you're up there trying to get a good picture.

Thanks, that would be appreciated
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Suren. Good day and thank you for reaching out. In addition to this I will post a DJI link where in you can find some DJI Guides with regards to this matter. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/7-c ... ost-beginners-make/
2021-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shoot AEB and blend later in Lightroom.  Or typical rule is you want the lowest ISO possible,   an aperture around f5 and assuming your not wanting motion blur a shutter slightly above 100.
2021-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Suren Posted at 11-21 16:34
Looking more for information around how to get better photos and videos out of the M3

Yes I understand. That is more 'general' information on camera 'tech' in general.
2021-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-21 21:17
Hello there Suren. Good day and thank you for reaching out. In addition to this I will post a DJI link where in you can find some DJI Guides with regards to this matter. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/7-camera-setting-mistakes-most-beginners-make/

Thank you for the link
2021-11-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 11-22 01:30
Shoot AEB and blend later in Lightroom.  Or typical rule is you want the lowest ISO possible,   an aperture around f5 and assuming your not wanting motion blur a shutter slightly above 100.

I hate editing so trying to get the best settings to avoid that.
2021-11-22
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-21 21:17

https://store.dji.com/guides/7-camera-setting-mistakes-most-beginners-make/

DJI Stephen,
That's exactly what we want to see in the Mavic 3 !!!! The Go4 app !!!!!
That tutorial looks great in that app and looks so professional compared to the FlyApp that is very unresponsive in the camera setting.

Can you let tell DJI ?? I am sure most of the people here will agree with me.
2021-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

While I could explain, you will find it much easier if you check out YT. Just type in Exposure Triangle for beginners and as Monty said its the same for hand held cameras as drone cameras. But start simple is the way forward and there are some terrific tutorials and reasonably easy to understand. But once you learn some then ask the questions of others here and in no time you’ll gain some very helpful knowledge.
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Suren Posted at 11-22 10:11
Thank you for the link

Hi there Suren. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules