388 8 2021-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

being the all but invisible doo doo that we have to suffer in the fly app.

I was watching some video of a someone doing a stupid range test with an M3 and I wanted to look at their signal strength and battery remaining etc..

I could not make them out. It's the same when I fly my MM or Mini 2...................
BUT .........

the ''pain in the derrier'' warning messages, that must be so chuffing annoying, were as clear as a bell. Again it is similar with my MM and Mini 2.

The video highlighted the issue because the warning messages took up a fair proportion of the screen and were a waste of time whilst the useful stuff is stuffed away in the attic against scenery and without a back ground and very difficult, if not impossible, to read, especially at a glance and of course it is only glances that we have because we are suppoesd to be watching the drone.
Come on DJI send your developers out into the sunlight away from their labs and let them experience everyday flying.

2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Sean-bumble-bee. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and your valued insights with regards to this matter with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you for your valued support and have a nice day.
2021-11-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great suggestion.
2021-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry just to get this right, you hate the warning messages that have dark backgrounds and take up all that space , but you want plenty of black boxes that block your frame but make it easier to see how far you’ve flown for someone looking over your shoulder. Confused. For me I’m grateful for the clean screen it helps greatly framing setting exposure and videoing , it has almost everything I need on the front screen without trolling through menus and I don really care that I can’t see a rubbish low res copy of a video from you tube .
2021-11-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let me correct you.
I am complaining about the fact that they do not provide the likes of the GPS-count and battery-charge indicators  with dark backgrounds and symbols that can be seen easily in real life in daytime flights. Yet they see fit to provide such a background and readily readable text for warnings that persist and persist and persist.
2021-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-22 05:31
Let me correct you.
I am complaining about the fact that they do not provide the likes of the GPS-count and battery-charge indicators  with dark backgrounds and symbols that can be seen easily in real life in daytime flights. Yet they see fit to provide such a background and readily readable text for warnings that persist and persist and persist.

I can see gps signal and know exactly how many sats are being received , all battery information is there including with background in red just click on battery icon and you will have all that information.
2021-11-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congratulations on being able to see it, others struggle.
2021-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-22 08:39
Congratulations on being able to see it, others struggle.

As I look at my ipad with writing smaller than on my RC I can see clearly what I’m writing, I wear corrective Glasses as many do, which allows me to read normal size text perfectly, so Reading what’s on my RC is not difficult and because there is a less busy screen I can completely adapt to this . At first I found it strange but after awhile when I got familiar with it I found it easy and a lot more simple to use. I’m still missing a couple of things and equally have a couple of extra things but hopefully the app will improve but I hope it doesn’t get like the go app with large black green and red boxes.
2021-11-22
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Quite obviously the 'huge black boxes' on GO4 and the 'white messages on white background' on Fly annoy different people to different degrees or just as much. Very obviously the GO4 won't receive any updates anytime soon, but perhaps it might be a good idea if FLY would allow users to select a slightly darker theme for the topmost part of the screen.
2021-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules