4496 40 2021-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0a7e7cf5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a brand new M3 Cine with the RC Pro. It is consistently showing signal loss when I am very close to the drone and it is at low altitude. I am in a rural area with no known causes of interference nearby. Is anybody else having this issue? Is there an easy fix?
F228FFDE-C300-4AF0-B2A0-E4530690ECEE.jpeg
AD7FF377-6D7E-4B6C-8163-94C17AAAB4A9.jpeg
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh oh, so, I guess I'm not alone in this.
Please check my threads, see if anything other people advised help you.
You can start hereand check a few others as well under my name.
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if yours and mine are from the same batch.
I ordered mine 11/5, it was sitting a few days in HK, then moved to Anchorage, AK, sat there for a few days, then moved to Oakland, CA, where it sat till the very last night 11/17, after which it made a quick jump to Memphis, TN (main FeeEx hub) and finally arrived to me (la LA land) around 11am 11/18.
2021-11-21
Use props
fans0a7e7cf5
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 11-21 12:51
I ordered mine 11/5, it was sitting a few days in HK, then moved to Anchorage, AK, sat there for a few days, then moved to Oakland, CA, where it sat till the very last night 11/17, after which it made a quick jump to Memphis, TN (main FeeEx hub) and finally arrived to me (la LA land) around 11am 11/18.

Interesting mine took the exact same route! I just read some of your other posts. Sounds similar and without a quick fix I am definitely sending it back. I can’t fly something I can’t trust to hold signal.
2021-11-21
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 11-21 12:51

FWIW, I ordered mine nearly the exact same time, and it looks like ours went through the same shipping routes at the same time. I haven't had any issues with mine (Cine) disconnecting; went out and flew around for about 20-30 minutes yesterday and no disconnects thankfully. Hope you get yours sorted quickly, it's never a good feeling to have this happen with a new purchase.
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans0a7e7cf5 Posted at 11-21 13:03
Interesting mine took the exact same route! I just read some of your other posts. Sounds similar and without a quick fix I am definitely sending it back. I can’t fly something I can’t trust to hold signal.

Exactly. I'm simply waiting for DJI support to come online on Monday to discuss option (maybe return/replace RC pro only, or whatever)
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBear Posted at 11-21 13:21
FWIW, I ordered mine nearly the exact same time, and it looks like ours went through the same shipping routes at the same time. I haven't had any issues with mine (Cine) disconnecting; went out and flew around for about 20-30 minutes yesterday and no disconnects thankfully. Hope you get yours sorted quickly, it's never a good feeling to have this happen with a new purchase.

It's possible we got a bad batch. If the issue was widespread it would not be only us two complaining.
2021-11-21
Use props
fans0a7e7cf5
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBear Posted at 11-21 13:21

I’d be curious to know if you have issues flying at lower altitudes. if you try to fly near yourself for five to ten minutes at <20’ AGL, do you still have solid connection? I have launched and gone farther away and had no problems but trying to fly low in my backyard around a couple of trees to get a feel for the APAS system resulted in signal loss (and initially  some RTH routes directly toward said trees, then I set it to hover upon signal loss). Ill take this up with DJI in the morning as well, as Darth is doing, but very curious to know if this is a more widespread issue or not.

I find it’s a difficult thing to query as a lot of the keywords for the current model turn up results for prior models (orig mavic pro, phantom 3, smart controller, etc) and this one is so new we’ve just gotten our hands on it.
2021-11-21
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans0a7e7cf5 Posted at 11-21 19:14
I’d be curious to know if you have issues flying at lower altitudes. if you try to fly near yourself for five to ten minutes at

I've flown twice now (another one today), both near me in the yard, and a bit further away (quarter-to-half-mile), and I haven't seen a single dropout of signal; are you guys using the base controller or the RC Pro?
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans0a7e7cf5 Posted at 11-21 19:14
I’d be curious to know if you have issues flying at lower altitudes. if you try to fly near yourself for five to ten minutes at

Thus far I have never lost the signal when the drone was far away (as in > 100ft)
But having it happen very often in close proximity where the connection is supposed to be the strongest, does not necessarily inspire a lot of confidence, does it?
When it's close I can surely pick it up. But if I send it a few Ks out over a chasm and/or rough terrain (and this is what my usual surroundings are) and it dies over there, I'm 100% screwed...
2021-11-21
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBear Posted at 11-21 19:55
I've flown twice now (another one today), both near me in the yard, and a bit further away (quarter-to-half-mile), and I haven't seen a single dropout of signal; are you guys using the base controller or the RC Pro?

RC Pro. Flew in my yard, and out in the wild with no possible interference. Same shlte.
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for hear about this. Could you provide us with the Log of Mavic 3 and the log of RC Pro? Here are the steps.
(1) Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) via this website: https://www.dji.com/mavic-3/downloads and export the flight log for further analysis.
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft/RC Pro is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft/Smart Controller, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.

You may upload these files to Dropbox or Google Drive and then share the link with me. At the same time, please mark the specific time of the issue. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
2021-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 02:46
Hi, there. Sorry for hear about this. Could you provide us with the Log of Mavic 3 and the log of RC Pro? Here are the steps.
(1) Please download the latest DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) via this website: https://www.dji.com/mavic-3/downloads and export the flight log for further analysis.
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft/RC Pro is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.

I provided logs Tuesday Hunter Haopen Cheng, he reached out over Facebook.
2021-11-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 06:48
I provided logs Tuesday Hunter Haopen Cheng, he reached out over Facebook.

Should be interesting what DJI comes back with on this issue.
2021-11-22
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-22 02:46
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft/RC Pro is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks Gamora. As I am sure you're aware, I can't install this software on my Mac without security concerns. I don't know why that is but I also don't think I should have to go through these 4 steps in order for you/DJI to tell me if this is a common problem or not and how it should get fixed.  You advertise a super strong new signal with this very expensive remote and it isn't working at arm's length.

Rather than go back and forth and await some analysis of the logs, I think I will just return it while I still can.
2021-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FWIW, just finsihed a chat with DJI support. I opened a case and requested a replacement. Waiting for UPS shipping lable to arrive.
2021-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Magic_Sites Posted at 11-22 07:28
Thanks Gamora. As I am sure you're aware, I can't install this software on my Mac without security concerns. I don't know why that is but I also don't think I should have to go through these 4 steps in order for you/DJI to tell me if this is a common problem or not and how it should get fixed.  You advertise a super strong new signal with this very expensive remote and it isn't working at arm's length.

Rather than go back and forth and await some analysis of the logs, I think I will just return it while I still can.

yup. that's what I'm doing (well, I'm replacing)
2021-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 11-22 07:15
Should be interesting what DJI comes back with on this issue.

requested replacement
2021-11-22
Use props
DH_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Just one idea, did anybody try to re-link aircraft to RC? In past there was issue with Mavic 2 which was little bit similar - signal was pulsing like connected - disconnected - connected - disconnected. Re-link fixed issue at that time.
2021-11-22
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 07:45
requested replacement

Seems like a good choice. I'm going to return mine and switch to the standard remote/downgrade to the non-Cine version. I'd still be curious if more people find this thread/have this issue.
2021-11-22
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 11-22 07:50
Just one idea, did anybody try to re-link aircraft to RC? In past there was issue with Mavic 2 which was little bit similar - signal was pulsing like connected - disconnected - connected - disconnected. Re-link fixed issue at that time.

I belive Darth tried that and it's indicated on one of his threads. I'm frankly just not interested in spending time tinkering around with it and determining if it's fixed or not only to have the return window close on me.  For spending $6k it should either work or it's going back.
2021-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Magic_Sites Posted at 11-22 07:59
I belive Darth tried that and it's indicated on one of his threads. I'm frankly just not interested in spending time tinkering around with it and determining if it's fixed or not only to have the return window close on me.  For spending $6k it should either work or it's going back.

Yes, I did, and no, it didn't help.
Since it was a weekend (of course), DJI support was not available, so I did try everything I could think of to maybe making it work, and many guys here were very helpful with their advises, I learned a lot
But in the end, just like you said, it's a $6K device, if it's not fully working, it goes back.
2021-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Magic_Sites Posted at 11-22 07:57
Seems like a good choice. I'm going to return mine and switch to the standard remote/downgrade to the non-Cine version. I'd still be curious if more people find this thread/have this issue.

I was thinking of downgrading as well, but then, being stubborn with my choices, decided to keep the Cine. Naturally, if the second one is also bad, then I will just request the money back and probably wait for January or some later time.
2021-11-22
Use props
dez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11724669 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am also having this problem. I think though it happens for me when I change from Video mode to Stills mode or the other way. Other than that it seems fine.
2021-11-22
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DarthSLR Posted at 11-22 07:45
requested replacement

Hi Darth. Do you have the fly more version of the Mavic 3 and if so did you try the standard remote say with a phone?
2021-11-22
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 11-22 12:08
Hi Darth. Do you have the fly more version of the Mavic 3 and if so did you try the standard remote say with a phone?

I have Cine combo, it does not have standard RC, only RC Pro.
2021-11-22
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Magic_Sites Posted at 11-22 07:28
Thanks Gamora. As I am sure you're aware, I can't install this software on my Mac without security concerns. I don't know why that is but I also don't think I should have to go through these 4 steps in order for you/DJI to tell me if this is a common problem or not and how it should get fixed.  You advertise a super strong new signal with this very expensive remote and it isn't working at arm's length.

We fully understand your feeling and respect your choice. Sincere apologies again in regards to this experience. As always, if you feel the need of any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out at anytime. We're always here to help.
2021-11-23
Use props
Wangodetango
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my Cine drone the same time and it took the same shipping route as well. My RC and bird disconnect so often, I haven’t even started the motors or attempted a flight. I’ve emailed back and forth with DJI and was told to try a few things, which have already been listed, and if that didn’t help, it would need to be returned for evaluation. Think I’ll open a chat dialog in the AM and request an exchange.
2021-11-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you lose just the feed or the connection to move the controls too?
2021-12-10
Use props
fans2a188a86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481677 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I am having exactly the same problem. M3C, signal loss to drone, while close at low altitude in rural area with now known interference.
I relinked controller multiple times, to no avail.

One suggestion from DJI involved removing my micro SD card, so I did that and flew the drone this afternoon with no disconnects.  I'm going to test this more tomorrow.  I don't understand why this would matter, but again, this came from DJI.

Does anyone else having this problem NOT have a micro SD card installed?
2022-1-14
Use props
fans2a188a86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481677 ft
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 2021-11-22 07:50
Just one idea, did anybody try to re-link aircraft to RC? In past there was issue with Mavic 2 which was little bit similar - signal was pulsing like connected - disconnected - connected - disconnected. Re-link fixed issue at that time.

I relinked multiple times at DJI's suggestion.  That did not help.  I did it both through the app and by using the 3 button combo on the RC. Did not help.
2022-1-14
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans0a7e7cf5 Posted at 2021-11-21 13:03

If you cannot get it working correctly and new FW is not showing up then returning is probably your best bet. For me I think its a FW problem, Bad Batch is just a rubbish term given by those who haven’t a clue. If someone in Australia Ireland UK and the US have similar problems then its nothing to do with Bad Batch. Most likely Software problem .
2022-1-15
Use props
djiuser_7fIYjkf0wVwt
New

United States

Same problem with 2 mavic 3 Cine units to the point we don't feel safe flying.
both purchased within the last month.
2022-2-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi

had to look twice....

Upper picture ; drone facing towards RC   but i do not see you....
Lower picture ; drone not facing the RC   but i see you.....

Uh ?

cheers
JJB
2022-2-18
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 2-18 09:14
Hi

had to look twice....

Pretty late JJB* ...   
2022-2-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

had a winter-nap, abruptly woken up by big storm here.....gzzzz, back to sleep again  Zzzzz, Zzzzzz ....
2022-2-18
Use props
Magic_Sites
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-18 09:14
Hi

had to look twice....

That’s sort of the point. The controller is displaying a stale image in black and white that is clearly not what the drone is aiming at be cause it has lost signal.
2022-2-18
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 2021-11-21 13:41
It's possible we got a bad batch. If the issue was widespread it would not be only us two complaining.

And you're not.  And it's not just with the M3.  The A2S has similar issues with several people.  There are threads on this.  I just returned mine for fear it is from a "bad batch."  My A2S hasn't even left my office since I got the RC pro, since I get the error literally sitting in my chair with the drone on my desk!
2022-2-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules