Raw Photos on Mavic 3 have black marks in the upper corners of pi...
3220 10 2021-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if this is normal and haven't experienced on any of  my other DJI Drones, but my Mavic 3, in the upper right and left corner these areas are very dark on all RAW photos. I don't see this issue on JPG. Anything I'm doing wrong or what do you recommend that I do to fix
2021-11-21
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Likely these are not seen on jpg because of lens correction, and if your RAW viewer/editor doesn't recognize the M3 camera it can't do the same correction.
2021-11-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is there a light leak through the filters maybe.
2021-11-21
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I see this in my raws aswell, photoshop and Lightroom will/should auto apply a lens profile to correct the raw to look similar to the jpg, it will remove the distortion and vignette..
2021-11-21
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Skyris Posted at 11-21 14:05
I see this in my raws aswell, photoshop and Lightroom will/should auto apply a lens profile to correct the raw to look similar to the jpg, it will remove the distortion and vignette..

A bit worrying when you see this much in a raw as you see how much resolution we lose for the lens profile to hide the dark areas
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Skyris Posted at 11-21 14:05

Thanks. This help. I use affinity photo and just had to select what lens I was using
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a sample photo showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you. Thank you.
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-21 20:03
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a sample photo showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you. Thank you.

Hello, this has been resolved. I failed to choose the lens in the photo editing application for lens correction
2021-11-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy Posted at 11-21 20:55
Hello, this has been resolved. I failed to choose the lens in the photo editing application for lens correction

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and it is great to know that the said issue has been solved. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-11-24
Use props
BuzzDev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28691 ft
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-24 20:43
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and it is great to know that the said issue has been solved. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

It would be useful to know which raw apps have Lens correction for the Mavic 3...

I am using "rawtherapee" and it has correction for L1D-20c (which seems to work ok ish), but not yet the L2D-20c.

Any other observations by those processing raw ?

Thanks

Mike
2022-2-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BuzzDev Posted at 2-25 15:19
It would be useful to know which raw apps have Lens correction for the Mavic 3...

I am using "rawtherapee" and it has correction for L1D-20c (which seems to work ok ish), but not yet the L2D-20c.

The lens correction data is included in the image files, but some software doesn't read or use it.
Adobe products do use it.
2022-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules