DJI Action 2 Firmware first released firmware is it not out yet
813 6 2021-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

the first firmware is not yet out correct?

Untitled.png
2021-11-22
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Technically the first firmware is the one that the Action 2 is actually running out of the box - so yes it has been released Having said this, there has been a subsequent release dated 27-OCT-21 and there is another expected imminently.
2021-11-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Yes the first one is within the camera, but where is the first released one?
2021-11-22
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

They probably didn’t post the original for whatever reason. I didn’t know you could roll back with the osmo products. But I’ve never tried either lol.
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hi, Fishycomics. Action2 firmware 01.01.08.01 is released.
since Action2 only updates via DJI MIMO app, the update file will not be at website.
plz connect DJI MIMO (1.7.6),and it will guide the upgrade.
2021-11-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-23 05:12
hi, Fishycomics. Action2 firmware 01.01.08.01 is released.
since Action2 only updates via DJI MIMO app, the update file will not be at website.
plz connect DJI MIMO (1.7.6),and it will guide the upgrade.

Thank you will in the future you will be allowing a manual firmware  vs Mobile app,   too much data  runs on Smartphones that can cause interrupted services and pleased not say use airplane mode
2021-11-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 11-23 06:08
Thank you will in the future you will be allowing a manual firmware  vs Mobile app,   too much data  runs on Smartphones that can cause interrupted services and pleased not say use airplane mode

I didn't think there was any other way to upgrade the fw on the action 2. It is the same way as the osmo action. You have to use mimo and in order to download the update, you wouldn't be able to use airplane mode. it would need to have an active net connection for that purpose. I don't think manual update would be out of the question personally, and I like the idea.
2021-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules