Brief underwater shot
1142 18 2021-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daneast
lvl.2

United States

Wasn't intending to attempt an underwater shot so soon...Guess I can't make links.

Crash into water
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLCR11opxTI

2021-11-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Damn, that was the luckiest pull back I've seen to date i think...I noticed someone on YT didn't think the camera got wet, well, there certainly was a splash at least

Let me embed that for you... next time, click the video icon, click past in the URL box then press return , JD

Untitled.png
2021-11-22
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Wow! Lucky escape, you must have thought that was a dead drone.

Twigs are not your friend!
2021-11-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That WAS a lucky escape
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there daneast. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing this video that you have filmed with us. Since the said DJI drone crashed and if you feel that the said DJI drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-11-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 2 just stuck a toe into the water and did not like the temperature ;-)
2021-11-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, lucky one.
Too close to a lot of things man.
2021-11-22
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

very lucky i not try this myself
2021-11-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now that was close.
2021-11-23
Use props
daneast
lvl.2

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-22 19:28
Hello there daneast. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing this video that you have filmed with us. Since the said DJI drone crashed and if you feel that the said DJI drone is not preforming well on your future flights. I would recommend to contact our DJI support team at  https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance and for us to be able to check the said drone thoroughly for damages. Thank you and fly safe always.

Thanks. I dried the drone thoroughly immediately afterwards and performed a test flight and everything appears to be working perfectly.
2021-11-23
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

daneast Posted at 11-23 04:50
Thanks. I dried the drone thoroughly immediately afterwards and performed a test flight and everything appears to be working perfectly.

That was very lucky indeed. I think you should go and by a lottery ticket.
2021-11-23
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hopefully never for future use, but what was your drying method? Rice? Air?

And do you know just how wet it got?
2021-11-23
Use props
daneast
lvl.2

United States

No Original Thought Posted at 11-23 12:07
Hopefully never for future use, but what was your drying method? Rice? Air?

And do you know just how wet it got?

Water was pouring out, battery, SD card, etc, was wet. After I got home I used a kind of flinging motion downward with the drone to get out as much water as I could physically, and there was quite a bit on the floor. At least a couple teaspoons full worth. Then I opened up the battery compartment and let a hair dryer on warm blow air through it for a while. Not very hot, but just warm air from about a foot away. Rotated it several times and let it dry good from various directions.
2021-11-23
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well, I hope I never have to come back to it, but I've favourited this post just in case
2021-11-23
Use props
daneast
lvl.2

United States

Did some shooting today. Same creek, different bridge, no swimming this time. Drone seems to be working perfectly.

2021-11-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

VLOS is important
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there daneast. You are very much welcome and thank you for these additional information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-11-24
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

daneast Posted at 11-23 14:01
Did some shooting today. Same creek, different bridge, no swimming this time. Drone seems to be working perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnlzrbH06U

How did you not hit any train this time?
2021-11-24
Use props
Rangioran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99049 ft

Australia

daneast Posted at 11-23 14:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfnlzrbH06U

Great video - glad the earlier 'dip' caused no lasting damage.
Enjoyed the video of the bridge, was really quite good - the backing track was well suited, percussion reminded me of a train!
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules