photo metadata - time to get your app right, DJI!
3312 11 2021-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fourthof7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23255 ft
United States

Dear DJI,
the iOS app for the DJI Mini 2 has some glaring bugs and omissions

• The automatically synced photos will not have the full EXIF metadata, including the GPS data. This is ridiculous since it is present when you sync a photo manually.
  • No one wants a photo twice, ever. By default you should never save it twice to the phone. If in doubt, ask the user - once. That includes any download from the album view. Check if it's on the phone, if it is, skip it. That also applies when the user taps to download a photo that has been already automatically synced or downloaded: just skip it.
  • Do not auto enhance photos by default. I get it that it is useful to most, but you should allow users to disable the feature. Also, auto enhanced photos will loose the GPS position. Which might be useful to have, you know, considering that we are talking about a drone.
  • When downloading videos the date will not be the one the video was taken. Just do it right.
  • Set the GPS metdata on videos. iOS allows you to do it. Again, just do it, it's a no brainer.
  • Do not ask me to re-download a firmware that is the same version as the one on the aircraft. If I deleted the cache, I had my reasons.
  • Why the heck I can't change my phone number and email address? If you don't want to built that into the app, just allow me to do it on your web site. And, no, I don't want to chat with your support to do it.

All the above shouldn't take more than a week of one engineer to fix, plus another for QA.

You have built an incredibly nice hardware, it's a pity the software doesn't hold up.

2021-11-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to email these to support@dji.com
2021-11-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fourthof7. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and for sharing these information that you have given. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2021-11-22
Use props
fourthof7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-22 19:37
Hello there fourthof7. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and for sharing these information that you have given. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen, I appreciate your support.
2021-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its been like this since the beginning.  I gave up and just move the SD card now.   They dont even preserve the file name when saving.
2021-11-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fourthof7 Posted at 11-22 22:15

Support?
Cascading to the appropriate department, means you'll never hear anything of this.
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fourthof7 Posted at 11-22 22:15

Hi there fourthof7. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-11-24
Use props
fourthof7
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-24 21:15
Hi there fourthof7. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

As of today, there’s still no GPS data in the photos saved from the app. Can you please just fix it?
2022-9-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fourthof7 Posted at 9-3 14:53
As of today, there’s still no GPS data in the photos saved from the app. Can you please just fix it?

As you've seen, posting here will only get a canned response from a moderator and nothing will come from it.

If you want accurate metadata, all you have to do is pop the SD card, put in a USB adaptor and manually transfer the images to your computer.
2022-9-3
Use props
fourthof7
lvl.1
Italy

Labroides Posted at 9-3 14:58
As you've seen, posting here will only get a canned response from a moderator and nothing will come from it.

If you want accurate metadata, all you have to do is pop the SD card, put in a USB adaptor and manually transfer the images to your computer.

I know that, but I’d like to avoid the hassle.
2022-9-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fourthof7 Posted at 9-3 15:01
I know that, but I’d like to avoid the hassle.

You are guaranteed the hassle if you don't.
And it's not really a big deal anyway.
2022-9-3
Use props
djiuser_dd8lDeoyZ1D8
New
Flight distance : 8419 ft
United Kingdom

When you use quick transfer to download a photo on the DJI Mini 3, the time is the current time — not the time the photo was taken. (In contrast, when you connect the SD card to your iMac, the correct time is preserved on the photo or video)
2022-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules