Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-2 00:18
I do realize...also compared both, it can be seen the quality from Autel in video, also the quality of DJI in drone. Too bad that cannot be mixed, would be a perfect drone:  Autel camera and DJI body.

So maybe you’ll explain how someone can produce this video, or better still post your own video shot on autel that’s better, or take a look at member christangy videos and explain how these folk manage to get such quality video out of Mavic 3. I look forward to viewing your own Evo video. It just seems every single DJI drone is rubbish according you , yet we have never seen any example from you to show how perfect autel evo is.

2022-9-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

On drone photography/videography and also in tripod/hand held landscape and architecture photography the camera is the least. Pick the best drone in the world at 13:00 without any cloud, with the sun hitting hard... and unless you get a super good angle or moment, probably the pic will be garbage.

My pics with the M3 are nothing I couldn't have done with the Mini 2 or the Lite+... Of course, I like to play a bit with the files, but climate/point of view is all you have to worry about. Same for videography, which will always end up on a YT video or an Instagram reel and viewed on a smartphone screen that is not even rendering the colors correctly.

For the difference between cameras to be noticed by the standard spectator, you must print big (or use big screen), and nobody prints these days. All the stuff I do professionally as a photographer nowadays ends up in small JPGs for websites or in catalogs with prints no bigger than an A4 printed on a crappy offset machine, so it really doesn't matter if I did the photos with a R6, a R5, a Hasselblad or a 30D from the year 2006, the end result is the same.

But of course, it's not all about the end result, I also like the good stuff and piexel peeping, but in the end photography/videography is like writing, you can write a masterpiece with the cheapest pencil in the shop. Once you have a drone you can put the camera in any point of the three-dimensional space, and that is what is going to make the difference between the hand held camera.
2022-9-2
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

A bit of an update. After returning my second defective Mavic 3 Cine, I was assured by the CSR on the chat that they would make sure I got one that was up to the good samples I supplied by another user.

Well they shipped me yet another new one unopened and I get it next week. This will be my third try with this and it is getting old. I feel like the quality control person who was absent when these were made.

Speaking of when they were made, my first two show dates of 12/21 and 1/22 on the boxes. The 1/22 came from B&H and the 12/21 was the replacement.

I’m not confident I will ever get a good main camera in one of these drones.
2022-9-2
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

KS-6 Posted at 9-2 18:07
A bit of an update. After returning my second defective Mavic 3 Cine, I was assured by the CSR on the chat that they would make sure I got one that was up to the good samples I supplied by another user.

Well they shipped me yet another new one unopened and I get it next week. This will be my third try with this and it is getting old. I feel like the quality control person who was absent when these were made.

Keep us posted..
I returned a mini 3 the other day and received a good camera.. I feel i should do this for my Mavic 3 but desperately need it for work
2022-9-2
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 9-2 04:51
So maybe you’ll explain how someone can produce this video, or better still post your own video shot on autel that’s better, or take a look at member christangy videos and explain how these folk manage to get such quality video out of Mavic 3. I look forward to viewing your own Evo video. It just seems every single DJI drone is rubbish according you , yet we have never seen any example from you to show how perfect autel evo is.

https://youtu.be/9PYwPBihRAE

You posted a processed video to show again what?
Is about details...I do not post super processed videos, I just look at each drone BEFORE EDIT, as I am interested in what the drone will give me as material to work.
Also my posts from YT are experiments of how much details can be gained in night, not Cinematic videos, as I will not consume free time for somebody like you in order to show him a processed video.

So, as a PRO I will be always interested in what I get BEFORE editing...and at this point, Mavic 3 is under Evo2Pro sensor by far.
Simple as that...but I like how you try to move it in other's work...
IS A SIMPLE ISSUE: MAVIC 3 IS NOT OPTIMIZED ON VIDEO AND THE OPTICS USED ON IT IS LAME AS BLUR A LOT AND MISS DETAILS!
Cheers.
2022-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-5 00:37
You posted a processed video to show again what?
Is about details...I do not post super processed videos, I just look at each drone BEFORE EDIT, as I am interested in what the drone will give me as material to work.
Also my posts from YT are experiments of how much details can be gained in night, not Cinematic videos, as I will not consume free time for somebody like you in order to show him a processed video.

I take it you as usual won’t be posting from Autel Evo and regards what you think or say end results are what count. Raw images and footage are about what you can do with them and the finished processed footage. And footage above clearly contradicts everything you say….
2022-9-5
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-5 05:07
I take it you as usual won’t be posting from Autel Evo and regards what you think or say end results are what count. Raw images and footage are about what you can do with them and the finished processed footage. And footage above clearly contradicts everything you say….

But to his point, in terms of evaluating fixed and known quantities like image quality based on how the main camera lens and resultant uniformity of sharpness are concerned, seeing a processed video is not really all that helpful.

If you are shooting at normal Cine speeds then you are already inherently blurred at 4K/30 with a top shutter speed of 1/60th so that can mask abnormalities in sharpness.

I have found one and only one example of dng files that show what the M3 main camera can do when properly constructed and calibrated. There is no way I would be able to discern that from a motion clip, edited or otherwise.
2022-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KS-6 Posted at 9-5 06:48
But to his point, in terms of evaluating fixed and known quantities like image quality based on how the main camera lens and resultant uniformity of sharpness are concerned, seeing a processed video is not really all that helpful.

If you are shooting at normal Cine speeds then you are already inherently blurred at 4K/30 with a top shutter speed of 1/60th so that can mask abnormalities in sharpness.

But surely if the end result is good decent footage , it represents what is possible with the camera. End results are not trickery but rather a means to an end. I clearly asked for this great footage he says he gets from Autel Evo but he wont post it. But he posts it on you tube and frankly its nothing short of useless, but to be fair he says its not complete on you tube.
Are you saying that if the end result is good there is still a problem ? Thats logic I find difficult to comprehend.
2022-9-5
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-5 09:54
But surely if the end result is good decent footage , it represents what is possible with the camera. End results are not trickery but rather a means to an end. I clearly asked for this great footage he says he gets from Autel Evo but he wont post it. But he posts it on you tube and frankly its nothing short of useless, but to be fair he says its not complete on you tube.
Are you saying that if the end result is good there is still a problem ? Thats logic I find difficult to comprehend.

In this case, the end result is showing what *you* can do with the hardware in an aesthetic outcome which is truly the most important thing when evaluating the creative vision of a still photograph or a film. I find it to be all that matters in the visual world.

But when trying to establish diagnostic baselines, it's simply a matter of ingredients that are already cooked if you will. A lens test is usually not art and art is not usually a lens test if that makes sense. Then of course there is the matter of aspect ratio in how 16:9 for video crops out the corners you would otherwise see in a 4:3 ratio still image.
2022-9-5
Use props
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1062011 ft
South Korea

I had the same problem

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267493
I received an exchange for a refurbished product, but the problem was not solved and eventually the problem was solved through product exchange.
And because RC-N1 doesn't have half-shutters, it's often out of focus. So I bought RC pro and now I can take a picture clearly.

Before

Before

exchanged

exchanged
2022-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KS-6 Posted at 9-5 14:32
In this case, the end result is showing what *you* can do with the hardware in an aesthetic outcome which is truly the most important thing when evaluating the creative vision of a still photograph or a film. I find it to be all that matters in the visual world.

But when trying to establish diagnostic baselines, it's simply a matter of ingredients that are already cooked if you will. A lens test is usually not art and art is not usually a lens test if that makes sense. Then of course there is the matter of aspect ratio in how 16:9 for video crops out the corners you would otherwise see in a 4:3 ratio still image.

I very much agree it will depend on the person, but everything seems to there in the hardware and this can easily be seen in the great results from many. If there is a problem with certain units thats a totally different matter and makes no sense to generalize about it. This forum generates a lot of complaints but you will also see by looking around you that the amount of people complaining is minute compared to the amount of M3s that are out there.
2022-9-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 9-6 00:50
I very much agree it will depend on the person, but everything seems to there in the hardware and this can easily be seen in the great results from many. If there is a problem with certain units thats a totally different matter and makes no sense to generalize about it. This forum generates a lot of complaints but you will also see by looking around you that the amount of people complaining is minute compared to the amount of M3s that are out there.

Maybe some people are also interested in using the drone in other things too, not just filming fog and clouds.
Also any processing have at the base the RAW...if Raw is inferior to another drone, imagine what final image will have the same video you posted but taken with a better optics.
Also imagine that you will see the grass blurred by speed but not by poor optics or poor noise reduction algorithm....
Based on your judgement, even a RED camera can be same as Mavic 3...but details matters too...and is all in details that are lost on M3...Not to mention that Tripod mode is far too responsive, M2P was better implemented.
2022-9-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Ma Junsung Posted at 9-5 20:32
I had the same problem

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267493

At half-shooter you mean the pre-focus before taking the picture, based on half-pressed button of picture?
2022-9-6
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-6 00:50
I very much agree it will depend on the person, but everything seems to there in the hardware and this can easily be seen in the great results from many. If there is a problem with certain units thats a totally different matter and makes no sense to generalize about it. This forum generates a lot of complaints but you will also see by looking around you that the amount of people complaining is minute compared to the amount of M3s that are out there.

This is why I keep having DJI send me replacement units instead of getting a refund, logic says that at some point I will get a good one.

My third Mavic 3 Cine arrives today, let’s hope I have good news.
2022-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-6 02:47
Maybe some people are also interested in using the drone in other things too, not just filming fog and clouds.
Also any processing have at the base the RAW...if Raw is inferior to another drone, imagine what final image will have the same video you posted but taken with a better optics.
Also imagine that you will see the grass blurred by speed but not by poor optics or poor noise reduction algorithm....

You still have not shown anything from the Autel you’ve been raving about. You continue to deflect . Its simple post this comparison that shows that Autel Evo is so much better than Mavic 3. Otherwise don’t continue to go on about something you have not shown to be the case .
I think its true to say that you are having the same problems with all dji drones, yet you keep purchasing them, it makes very little sense.
2022-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KS-6 Posted at 9-6 05:06
This is why I keep having DJI send me replacement units instead of getting a refund, logic says that at some point I will get a good one.

My third Mavic 3 Cine arrives today, let’s hope I have good news.

Well hopefully it’s obviously not a good situation for you hopefully this one will be good …
2022-9-6
Use props
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1062011 ft
South Korea

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-6 02:50
At half-shooter you mean the pre-focus before taking the picture, based on half-pressed button of picture?

yes. half pressed button is correct,
2022-9-6
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 9-6 08:04
You still have not shown anything from the Autel you’ve been raving about. You continue to deflect . Its simple post this comparison that shows that Autel Evo is so much better than Mavic 3. Otherwise don’t continue to go on about something you have not shown to be the case .
I think its true to say that you are having the same problems with all dji drones, yet you keep purchasing them, it makes very little sense.

Nobody will stay to make you a video when you are a click away from Youtube....Just search for Evo2Pro vs Mavic 3... Some folks have made already a review with details, blur, and so on....not one, many....
My time = money, I don't stay to make videos to prove what I see every week...
Here one that treat exactly DETAILS related to image:

Need more?
Here another one related to details:

Need another? I can find in 1 minute what you seems not to be able to find...
Also REMEMBER: I talk about DETAILS, not maneuverability or color science...as in LOG the color science is made by editor.
Take some popcorn.
2022-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-7 04:35
Nobody will stay to make you a video when you are a click away from Youtube....Just search for Evo2Pro vs Mavic 3... Some folks have made already a review with details, blur, and so on....not one, many....
My time = money, I don't stay to make videos to prove what I see every week...
Here one that treat exactly DETAILS related to image:

Just more BS from you. There are as many videos made about how much better the Mavic3 is. So your rubbish is just that rubbish. You spend all your time around here rubbishing everything but never offer up any proof you’re all mouth and no trousers. But the one thing that makes you look completely ridiculous is you keep buying dji drones but produce nothing. Good bye you have nothing to add here.
2022-9-7
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-7 07:09
Just more BS from you. There are as many videos made about how much better the Mavic3 is. So your rubbish is just that rubbish. You spend all your time around here rubbishing everything but never offer up any proof you’re all mouth and no trousers. But the one thing that makes you look completely ridiculous is you keep buying dji drones but produce nothing. Good bye you have nothing to add here.

Just more BS from you.  Get a life.
2022-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 9-8 17:26
Just more BS from you.  Get a life.

When you have a Mavic 3 you can comment about it without the ridiculous quips you seem to find so amusing. I think hanging around the Mavic3 forum is pretty sad when you don’t own or fly one.
2022-9-9
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

To break up the Bromance above, let me distract you with my now 3rd Mavic 3 Cine is going to work.

The main camera is pretty close to as good as the best sample I have seen from another owner, so I am off and running. Having said this, I believe there are a lot of sub par examples of this drone out there in terms of the 20MP camera's optical quality.

All I can say anymore is be persistent in getting one that is performing as designed.
2022-9-9
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-9 01:27
When you have a Mavic 3 you can comment about it without the ridiculous quips you seem to find so amusing. I think hanging around the Mavic3 forum is pretty sad when you don’t own or fly one.

You're not going to bully me the way you bully others.  I'll comment as I please.  Just because you live here doesn't mean you own the place.  Please try to remember that.
2022-9-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Spazoo Posted at 9-9 17:34
You're not going to bully me the way you bully others.  I'll comment as I please.  Just because you live here doesn't mean you own the place.  Please try to remember that.

When you try to start something, don’t expect the other person to walk away. Your interference helps no one, but it shows you have nothing to add here and the fact you don’t even own a Mavic 3 even less. Stop trying to incite by being the forum police.
2022-9-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 9-10 00:54
When you try to start something, don’t expect the other person to walk away. Your interference helps no one, but it shows you have nothing to add here and the fact you don’t even own a Mavic 3 even less. Stop trying to incite by being the forum police.

Stop trying to incite by being the forum police.
Says Constable Hallmark.
2022-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 9-10 01:06
Stop trying to incite by being the forum police.
Says Constable Hallmark.

That’s rich coming from the high commissioner
2022-9-10
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 9-10 00:54
When you try to start something, don’t expect the other person to walk away. Your interference helps no one, but it shows you have nothing to add here and the fact you don’t even own a Mavic 3 even less. Stop trying to incite by being the forum police.

I'm not asking you to walk away.  I'm asking you to show some courtesy.  I realize it's not my place to make such a request, but nonetheless... please.  And thank you.
2022-9-10
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Spazoo Posted at 9-10 08:56
I'm not asking you to walk away.  I'm asking you to show some courtesy.  I realize it's not my place to make such a request, but nonetheless... please.  And thank you.

Is hard from some people to behave here... And David is an exception of this forum in terms of good sense and good will.
You will learn to ignore him...He recognized that DJI have some issues only when his drone had it, in rest all is perfect )))....
So...don't waste energy, we will keep people informed in a balanced way about quality of DJI versus competition as we do not care about any producer, only care about what the product is offering and how is versus other brands.....despite Hallmark's lemons here...
Cheers.
2022-9-19
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-19 02:21
Is hard from some people to behave here... And David is an exception of this forum in terms of good sense and good will.
You will learn to ignore him...He recognized that DJI have some issues only when his drone had it, in rest all is perfect )))....
So...don't waste energy, we will keep people informed in a balanced way about quality of DJI versus competition as we do not care about any producer, only care about what the product is offering and how is versus other brands.....despite Hallmark's lemons here...

Good advice.  Thank you Geo.
2022-9-22
Use props
user8877ec85ef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1492270 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

My mavic 3 classic and mini 3 pro are soft all the way. My phantom 4 probwas way sharper. Don’t understand it actually. Raw images on the 3 classic are so dark and highlights not to recover. In jpg no problem.
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules