New DJI Action 2 Firmware Released (11/23/2021)
5975 27 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.11.23
  • Firmware: v01.01.08.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.7.6
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.7.6

What’s New?
  • Optimized camera exposure when using in scenes with low light.
  • Optimized color accuracy on camera view
  • Optimized exporting speed when exporting files from the built-in storage to the microSD card.
  • Reduced frequency flicker produced by indoor lighting.
  • Optimized auto exposure.
  • Optimized zoom adjustment.
  • Improved microSD card compatibility.
  • Added support so camera view automatically corrects if upside down during livestream.
  • Fixed issue: front touchscreen module or the power module discharged even when not in use.
  • Fixed occasional issue: microSD card cannot be detected.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI Action 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

2021-11-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thank you I just asked about this, and nowhere can I do a Manual Update.  https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads

1. Is this the first Update  v01.01.08.10, or is it the second update?
2. does it correct all the member's complaints of overheating issues?3. if it fails to update you lead to a OM 5 https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ion2&vid=106401
2021-11-23
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Fishycomics Posted at 11-23 04:29
Thank you I just asked about this, and nowhere can I do a Manual Update.  https://www.dji.com/dji-action-2/downloads

I just tested and the anti flicker seems to work better.

Also tested the overheat. at 4K 50 on standard temp setting it gives me 40 to 50% longer record time before overheat. I am not sure if setting the overheat temp configuration to high is safe would like DJI to confirm that this does not damage the unit.
2021-11-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 11-23 04:29

Whats new in the firmware is clearly listed above. No mention of overheating fixes from what I read.
2021-11-23
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Auto-exposure still selects high ISO even with good lighting conditions. Junk files taking 30% of useful space are still there.
2021-11-23
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you for the info...
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Frontliner 2020 Posted at 11-23 19:02
thank you for the info...

Hello there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always.
2021-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

utkin Posted at 11-23 17:21
Auto-exposure still selects high ISO even with good lighting conditions. Junk files taking 30% of useful space are still there.

High ISO enables fast shutter speeds required for stabilisation of any EIS camera.  "Junk" files seems to be standard practice these days on devices using apps for editing.
2021-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Frankly, to me that looks like an excellent list and I can't wait to test the outcome.  Almost everything there has been mentioned by users here and I would congratulate DJI for listening and taking action.  Or action 2.  Sure, not everything will be there, and some items may come next time, but it's a fantastic start.
2021-11-23
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

Thanks for share
2021-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-11-23
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

2021-11-24
Use props
MadJackal
lvl.2
Russia

I did not notice any decrease in copying time from internal memory to card. A 5 minute file 4k@50 was copied at 2.20 before the update and it remained that way.

Thanks for the quick update, the screen is really brighter. At first sight battery drain in sleep mode was gone, its perfect.

2021-11-24
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-23 20:01
High ISO enables fast shutter speeds required for stabilisation of any EIS camera.  "Junk" files seems to be standard practice these days on devices using apps for editing.

But I am able to select normal shutter speed and normal ISO manually and the camera does not complain.

I am not sure who have set that "standard" but i do not like junk files and at the very least theret should be a way to disable that
2021-11-24
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

gather a bunch of owners and   submit to a topic, enough heard they will vanish
2021-11-24
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After updating, my camera module no longer charges when I connect my display module??

The camera charging icon comes on for a second, then goes off again and charging stops???

Camera is currently at 86% and the display module is at 24%.
With both connecting the display module should be charging the camera module, right??
But it isn't, its been sitting on those percentages for the past 3 hours.

If I remove the Display Module and reconnect it, the battery charging icon comes on for a second or so, then goes off again?
2021-11-24
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charged the module a bit more - to 37% - and tried again, and it now seems to charge the camera module.

Does this mean the display module needs to be charged a certain amount before it will charge the camera module??
2021-11-24
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 19:43
Hello there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always.

2021-11-30
Use props
joeyfuerimmer
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

Does Any one know if there is a URL to download firmware v01.01.08.10 so that I can manually install it by copying the .bin file into internal storage of Action 2 via USB-C?  

I am not able to connect Action 2 to Mimo App. Tried airplane mode, frequency switches, factory reset etc. iPhone 7 iOS 14.8.1, Mimo App v1.7.7. Bluetooth pairing was successful. I spent hours on the connection and searching online, but with no luck. My point is not the connect or the Mimo app per se, but I just wanted to upgrade the firmware.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

2021-12-3
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

joeyfuerimmer Posted at 12-3 02:24
Hello,

Does Any one know if there is a URL to download firmware v01.01.08.10 so that I can manually install it by copying the .bin file into internal storage of Action 2 via USB-C?  

You should definitely not use Airline mode to try and connect to the Action 2 - it needs Wifi/Bluetooth to connect so if you are switching this off it won't work!

If you get an error message can you give that here, or give a screenshot?  Also the Mimo app is currently at 1.7.6 - not 1.7.7 - please download it here - https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

As far as I'm aware you can't download the firmware separately as a file (unless maybe supplied directly by DJI support?) - the upgrade is done inside the DJI Mimo app
2021-12-4
Use props
mesohappybastos
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

When will the next firmware update be? Really interested to see if we can get the same level footage as the Pocket 2 as they ahve the same size sensor
2021-12-7
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mesohappybastos Posted at 12-7 17:52
When will the next firmware update be? Really interested to see if we can get the same level footage as the Pocket 2 as they ahve the same size sensor

DJI don't have a regular release schedule - as an estimate I'd say there should be another firmware upadte in the next couple of months - I'm looking forward to audio working via the DJI Action 2 when in webcam mode
2021-12-8
Use props
joeyfuerimmer
lvl.1

United States

edwardquan Posted at 12-4 10:37
You should definitely not use Airline mode to try and connect to the Action 2 - it needs Wifi/Bluetooth to connect so if you are switching this off it won't work!

If you get an error message can you give that here, or give a screenshot?  Also the Mimo app is currently at 1.7.6 - not 1.7.7 - please download it here - https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

Thanks for your suggestions and sharing the Mimo app download link.

I reached out to DJI customer support and it was the IP address setting and subnet mask that helped to address the connection issue. I manually set the DjiAction-XXX Wi-Fi connection on iPhone with IP 192.168.2.100 and subnet 255.255.255.0, and the app immediately connected to the camera. So I was able to successfully upgrade the firmware to V01.01.08.10.

This may not be an official DJI solution for all connection related issues, but it solved my problem and I just share it here in case it can help others.  

Kudo to DJI support team for being very responsive in providing the diagnosis and solutions.
2021-12-9
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

joeyfuerimmer Posted at 12-9 11:34
Thanks for your suggestions and sharing the Mimo app download link.

I reached out to DJI customer support and it was the IP address setting and subnet mask that helped to address the connection issue. I manually set the DjiAction-XXX Wi-Fi connection on iPhone with IP 192.168.2.100 and subnet 255.255.255.0, and the app immediately connected to the camera. So I was able to successfully upgrade the firmware to V01.01.08.10.

Thanks for updating the thread with the solution, and glad to hear you're up and running
2021-12-9
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

SNAPSHOT doesnt work.
Where is the fix ??

Auto start record auto stop - it should work on snapshot and it doesnt.

What to do ?
2021-12-11
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Soam Posted at 12-11 18:42
SNAPSHOT doesnt work.
Where is the fix ??

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? If not, please try this first.

Can you also please provide a description of what you're trying to do and what actions you are doing please?
2021-12-16
Use props
KC5LAF
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Snapshot is now not working correctly.  Used to you had to press and hold to power up and enable snapshot to work.  Now if snapshot if enabled, it just starts recording even if you don't hold.  I hope they fix this back to the old way as now you have to record a 2 second clip, then stop it, then you can access the menus etc.
2022-1-22
Use props
djiuser_AN60JrVe7TVG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161939 ft
Malaysia

Hi i'm unable to update my DJI action 2 to the latest firmware V01.02.1010 through the mimo app. I'm using a samsung galaxy note 10+ android 11. The download alway stops at 49% no matter what i do.
DJI MIMO action firmware download.jpg
2022-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules