DJI Pocket 2 WiFi undetectable
4326 12 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeprots
lvl.1

Philippines

Hey guys.

I recently bought a DJI pocket 2 creator combo. When using the adapter (wired connection), there's no issue but I'm having problems with it's wireless connectivity (via Do-It-All handle). At first, I was able to successfully connect it but the connection was unstable. It either disconnects after a few seconds (showing a gray/white screen then disconnects) or disconnects when I'm browsing for saved photos and videos. Suddently tonight, I'm not able to connect anymore because the WiFi from the Do-It-Handle is undetectable.

So far, I have done the following:
1. Reset System Parameters
2. Turned off and on my smartphone (iPhone SE2020)
3. Used a different smartphone (still an iPhone SE2020) to check if the WiFi from DIA handle is still undetectable
4. Uninstalled and re-installed the DJI Mimo app.

The problem still persists and I'm not able to use the wireless connection. Any idea how this can be resolved? Would definitely appreaciate it.

Thanks.
2021-11-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have gathered compatibility threads for phones and tablets (both Apple- and Android-based), that also list possible troubleshooting tips for connection problems. You can find the threads at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518, the original posts for both threads feature a section for troubleshooting tips.

Maybe some of those tips could help? If not, then we'll have to think the other possible causes and solutions.

I'd probably start by asking if your iPhone is in a magnetically shielded protective case, as those can sometimes cause errors in wireless communication.

Good luck with your troubleshooting!
2021-11-23
Use props
jeprots
lvl.1

Philippines

HGDC84 Posted at 11-23 08:50
I have gathered compatibility threads for phones and tablets (both Apple- and Android-based), that also list possible troubleshooting tips for connection problems. You can find the threads at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 (for phones) and at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518, the original posts for both threads feature a section for troubleshooting tips.

Maybe some of those tips could help? If not, then we'll have to think the other possible causes and solutions.

Thanks for this one. I have already read your post and suggestions before I posted this thread Unfortunately, my phone can't detect the wifi of the DIA handle as of the moment. My phone doesn't have any magnetic casing as well.
2021-11-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

jeprots Posted at 11-23 09:02
Thanks for this one. I have already read your post and suggestions before I posted this thread  Unfortunately, my phone can't detect the wifi of the DIA handle as of the moment. My phone doesn't have any magnetic casing as well.

Sorry to hear those tips didn't help. :-(

As your phone is one of the officially supported models, you might want to contact the official DJI support if nothing else helps. It could be worse if it was one of the not-officially-supported models.

One possible thing that could possibly affect the issue: have you always tried to connect in the same place, or have you tested the connection in multiple different places? Sometimes, if the area you are testing in is crowded by multiple wireless Bluetooth and wifi networks, they could possibly cause interference with the connection between the phone and the Pocket 2.
2021-11-23
Use props
jeprots
lvl.1

Philippines

HGDC84 Posted at 11-23 09:11
Sorry to hear those tips didn't help. :-(

As your phone is one of the officially supported models, you might want to contact the official DJI support if nothing else helps. It could be worse if it was one of the not-officially-supported models.

It's okay. Thank you for helping out. I did contact the official DJI support (live chat) and I'm waiting for their email.  Could the WiFi in this DIA handle be faulty?

So far, I am testing this one at home. I did try using another smartphone and my iPad if it can locate or "see" the WiFi on the DIA handle but it couldn't.
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

make sure you remove the dongle on pocket2 when connecting to do-it-all hanlde.
can u see wifi in the phone setting-wifi list when pocket 2 is on?
2021-11-23
Use props
jeprots
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-23 19:58
make sure you remove the dongle on pocket2 when connecting to do-it-all hanlde.
can u see wifi in the phone setting-wifi list when pocket 2 is on?

There is no dongle attached to it. I can't see the wifi in the phone setting when the pocket 2 is on
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jeprots. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue and kindly please follow the steps on the said DJI Tutorial video to install the DJI Pocket 2 | Do-It-All Handle and to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us poste for further assistance. Thank you.

2021-11-23
Use props
jeprots
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-23 21:27
Hello there jeprots. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device for us to be able to isolate the said issue and kindly please follow the steps on the said DJI Tutorial video to install the DJI Pocket 2 | Do-It-All Handle and to see if the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us poste for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuqHQkpYPe0

Hi. Thanks for reaching out. I have already followed the tutorial but still the wifi of the DIA handle is not visible when I turn on the pocket 2.
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

jeprots Posted at 11-23 22:26
Hi. Thanks for reaching out. I have already followed the tutorial but still the wifi of the DIA handle is not visible when I turn on the pocket 2.

can you check the wifi password in pocket setting?

if pocket2 does not show wifi in setting->accessory ,you may need to send for repair
2021-11-24
Use props
jeprots
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-24 06:23
can you check the wifi password in pocket setting?

if pocket2 does not show wifi in setting->accessory ,you may need to send for repair

It does show on the pocket 2 setting but all my devices cannot see it's SSID.. I won't be able to connect my phone to the pocket 2.

2021-11-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recently bought the Wifi adapter for my Pocket 2. I spent three days trying to get it to pair with three different Android phones, to no avail.  The Samsung Galaxy S9 is on DJI's recommended list. Makes no difference. The phone will pair successfully with the Do-it-All handle attached, But of course that has to be removed in order to dock the P2 into the Wifi module. After three days, I gave up and sent it back for a refund, which was immediately forthcoming. Thanks HELIGUY for great communication and after-sales.
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jeprots Posted at 11-24 06:40
It does show on the pocket 2 setting but all my devices cannot see it's SSID.. I won't be able to connect my phone to the pocket 2.

[view_image]

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. It is recommended to send the DJI Pocket 2 back for a diagnosis. I've noticed that you had contacted our support team via email, our team will help to create a case number and provide further assistance. Please wait for the email update. Thanks.
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules