Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello DJI
The last update for the DJI Pocket 2 was Jan 05 2021. Have you shelved this camera already? Its almost been a year and no further enhancements.
2021-11-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

One of the DJI engineers says in a recent thread that they are testing a beta version of a new firmware that should at least enhance the 4K tracking. On the flip side of the coin, they also said that some issues are related to hardware and cannot be fixed by firmware updates.

To see the thread, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253397
Even though I am mostly content with the Pocket 2, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some upgrades.

EDIT: corrected the URL of the thread to correct one, thanks to Montfrooij for pointing this out!

2021-11-23
Use props
alexmbraMav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

DJI sent me the new beta firware for and after some testing on tracking, that was the biggest problem that I had with it, and I can say that they improve it a bit on 4k tracking, but there are still some room to improve.
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Visual Air. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment we do not have any information with any future updates for the DJI Pocket 2 and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest news, events and updates by following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ) for further details. Thank you.
2021-11-23
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

alexmbraMav Posted at 11-23 15:43
DJI sent me the new beta firware for and after some testing on tracking, that was the biggest problem that I had with it, and I can say that they improve it a bit on 4k tracking, but there are still some room to improve.

Did you notice other improvement also? color profile, image noise level, white balance, exposure fickering and so on...
Thanks
2021-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-23 15:29
One of the DJI engineers says in a recent thread that they are testing a beta version of a new firmware that should at least enhance the 4K tracking. On the flip side of the coin, they also said that some issues are related to hardware and cannot be fixed by firmware updates.

To see the thread, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=25339

Is this the right thread?
Looks Phantom 3 related.
2021-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI sent me the new beta firware for and after some testing on tracking, that was the biggest problem that I had with it, and I can say that they improve it a bit on 4k tracking, but there are still some room to improve.

It would be nice if they added new firmware
2021-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mgozer Posted at 11-23 23:28
Did you notice other improvement also? color profile, image noise level, white balance, exposure fickering and so on...
Thanks

Do you have exposure flickering?
(since I don't)
2021-11-23
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-23 23:54
Do you have exposure flickering?
(since I don't)

Happened a few times, but I guess that looking at the video carefully, it happens everytime.
2021-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mgozer Posted at 11-24 02:08
Happened a few times, but I guess that looking at the video carefully, it happens everytime.

Oh, I don't see this in my footage.
Do you have an example (not via youtube, but straight from the SD card?)
2021-11-24
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Switzerland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 02:15
Oh, I don't see this in my footage.
Do you have an example (not via youtube, but straight from the SD card?)

I have to check, but I doubt it, since I don't use it since the last firmware, but I can check.
2021-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mgozer Posted at 11-24 05:06
I have to check, but I doubt it, since I don't use it since the last firmware, but I can check.

I'm curious.
2021-11-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Interesting. Maybe a firmware upgrade may be in the near future.
2021-11-24
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-23 23:54
Is this the right thread?
Looks Phantom 3 related.

Oops, it indeed seems like I pasted the link to a wrong thread. I'll have to check it again and correct it into the post.

Thank you for your observations.

EDIT: It seems my copypaste accidentally left out the last number of the URL, therefore causing the wrong thread to be linked. But corrected now.

2021-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-24 13:10
Oops, it indeed seems like I pasted the link to a wrong thread. I'll have to check it again and correct it into the post.

Thank you for your observations.

I will check
2021-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-23 15:29
One of the DJI engineers says in a recent thread that they are testing a beta version of a new firmware that should at least enhance the 4K tracking. On the flip side of the coin, they also said that some issues are related to hardware and cannot be fixed by firmware updates.

To see the thread, check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253397

Wow, that was very nice to read.
A proper reply from someone who knows more than we do.
2021-11-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-25 00:50
Wow, that was very nice to read.
A proper reply from someone who knows more than we do.

Indeed, nice to hear the answer this way, and also nice to find out something new is indeed coming. :-)
2021-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-25 05:44
Indeed, nice to hear the answer this way, and also nice to find out something new is indeed coming. :-)

That was a bonus indeed.
2021-11-25
Use props
WAFDO
lvl.1
Belgium

HIE
I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO HELP YOU BY TESTING THE NEW FIRMWARE

BRG

T
2021-11-25
Use props