2065 4 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Is there a way to create a 2D mapping mission and upload it to the DJI Phantom 4 RTK controller (the one with the build-in screen)?

I do import a KML polygon to Terra, create a 2D mission with all settings like overlap, GSD etc, but there is no option to save the mission to a MicroSD card and then import it to the controller. I simply don't want to go around with my drone, remote and laptop. Just want to build the mission on my computer at the office, upload it to the remote and fly it later in the field.

Can't belive that such expensive equipement is lacking that simple functionality.
2021-11-23
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well GS RTK does have an import mission option, but I haven't used it. I've also not used Terra.
Agreed, it would be nice to import an already created mission, but importing the kml to GS RTK and creating the mission there instead of in Terra takes a trivial amount of time and effort. Can be done on site easily.
2021-11-23
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

patiam Posted at 11-23 11:13
Well GS RTK does have an import mission option, but I haven't used it. I've also not used Terra.
Agreed, it would be nice to import an already created mission, but importing the kml to GS RTK and creating the mission there instead of in Terra takes a trivial amount of time and effort. Can be done on site easily.

The import option has no match with the Terra export.

It's not trivial at all if you have 80+ missions to create. There is no save as default option, so you have to set the parameters for all missions again. Eg change altitude, speed, direction, overlap, etc...
2021-11-23
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Points all well taken. I agree completely, and the consideration of scaling is spot on. There should be a way to create DJI-compatible missions in any DJI "Enterprise"-grade app that can be imported and used in any other app of similar status.

I've no argument with your premise, but all I can say is "yeah, that's DJI..." I know it doesn't help to say "get used to it", but that's where we're at.

Safe flying!
2021-11-23
Use props
dario.finderlegmail.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

patiam Posted at 11-23 15:40
Points all well taken. I agree completely, and the consideration of scaling is spot on. There should be a way to create DJI-compatible missions in any DJI "Enterprise"-grade app that can be imported and used in any other app of similar status.

I've no argument with your premise, but all I can say is "yeah, that's DJI..." I know it doesn't help to say "get used to it", but that's where we're at.

Yes, after years of using DJI enterprise devices, I'm still upset with lack of desire to "listen" to their customers.

But obviously is the income so huge they do not care. Whatever they do, we will buy their products, 'cause the price/performance ratio is still unbeatable.

But am just sick of exploring and wishing obvious things.

Blues skies.
2021-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules