727 19 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

02A2BF00-ACCA-4FF9-86E8-3CA00D6CB57B.jpeg D9C438E4-C04A-43F5-8CB7-628470CA8D75.jpeg This is both ends of the spectrum sky colour is different as these are opposite ends of the beach which is 5K long. When looking at my screen I can see a strong purple colour in the clouds but in the raw photos its not there so much but it still seems to be there, its a bit odd. Photos above have been edited only very little in PS.
2021-11-23
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Can't see any obvious magenta cast. Saturation seems pretty amped though. What does the original DNG look like? Are you saying you saw purple on the phone/RC Pro screen? Sorry, not quite clear from your post.
2021-11-23
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

my images are not showing any colour cast , have you darkened the sky in post?
2021-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nicodema Posted at 11-23 10:16
Can't see any obvious magenta cast. Saturation seems pretty amped though. What does the original DNG look like? Are you saying you saw purple on the phone/RC Pro screen? Sorry, not quite clear from your post.

There is no saturation added, yeah I can see it on the screen and I expected to see it in the photos, I brought both up to 15 dehaze  something I never do . But I’m starting to think I’m imagining it.
2021-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

goldenorfephoto Posted at 11-23 10:34
my images are not showing any colour cast , have you darkened the sky in post?

The top one is slightly darkened, but basically I just reduced highlights increased shadows slight noise reduction and Dehaze which will darken skies a little but thats about it. I think I’m trying to be convinced that its not there. I’m not unhappy with them and skies around here change so much .
2021-11-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Purple? No. Colour doesn't look quite natural though - might be my screen settings of course.
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hallmark007. Good day and thank you for sharing these aerial photos that you have taken using your new DJI Mavic 3. Nicely done and have a nice day.
2021-11-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

"But I’m starting to think I’m imagining it."

I see nothing unnaturally purple there. Have you been toking on the Purple Haze again ;-)

Excuse me while I kiss the sky!... God Bless Jimi!
2021-11-23
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

LOVE the top picture, very dynamic.  The tint might be a little green for my taste but maybe that's what you saw in person.  I don't see any purple there at all.  On the bottom one, MAYBE a little at the horizon on the right side, but this is far from the most egregious example.

In my videos I've determined that shadowy areas seem to push red colors towards purple.  A slight adjustment of the red hue in Premiere back towards red fixes it right up.  It will be interesting to see if DJI ultimately decides this is a universal issue and releases a firmware update, or if it is determined to be a hardware defect in some units.
2021-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So it is not in the DNG files?
2021-11-23
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

For a man who "knows" things, you disappoint DJI...what do you mean Purple?
DJI drones are the best...and you have a half made drone, what do you expect?
(Now, that is your type of reply, one you give to others...it sucks to see how nasty is to get one from others, no?)

But as we are gentleman's, I will give you a very simple way to check it:
1. Take the picture in Lightroom or any other program that have a very good waveform/spectrometer.
2. Select portions of sky and check histogram...
3. If you see a difference in magenta/purple specter, there it is, you have a problem.

You don't need to "see" the differences, as this is amateur approach...You need to look at histogram for each color/waveform...and you will see if there is extra purple in DNG...(because the JPG is not a reference, as you know, only DNG is a reference).

Good luck, and next time you harass members that have problems with DJI products, remember this: It can always happen to you too  )))).
2021-11-23
Use props
FB: GeoDrone4K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

PS. In second picture is very obvious a purple haze on right side and a small one in left side....don't know if it from your edit or is just the compression algorithm from DJI for JPEG, check DNG.
2021-11-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FB: GeoDrone4K Posted at 11-23 23:57
For a man who "knows" things, you disappoint DJI...what do you mean Purple?
DJI drones are the best...and you have a half made drone, what do you expect?
(Now, that is your type of reply, one you give to others...it sucks to see how nasty is to get one from others, no?)

Believe me I’ve seen some stuff you’ve posted here on this forum and I don’t need your advice. Go sort your own stuff out.
2021-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 11-23 19:48
"But I’m starting to think I’m imagining it."

I see nothing unnaturally purple there. Have you been toking on the Purple Haze again ;-)

I think I have, and its more to do with so many conversations , also on Monday I set 220 Amethyst in 42 rings so purple is on my brain this week.
2021-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-23 23:55
So it is not in the DNG files?

No its not , not anymore than you see above.
2021-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-24 00:20
No its not , not anymore than you see above.

Exactly, I did not notice.
But is it still in the JPEG, or was that fixed too?
2021-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 00:23
Exactly, I did not notice.
But is it still in the JPEG, or was that fixed too?

It definitely looks on my screen like its there and from what I remember looking at jpeg it was there but not as strong, I will check these later again I’m not near my computer.
2021-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 11-24 00:31
It definitely looks on my screen like its there and from what I remember looking at jpeg it was there but not as strong, I will check these later again I’m not near my computer.

It is strange when they introduce this in the jpeg engine.
However, if you are using adobe products, they have some autocorrection on DNG files that include a lens profile.
Not sure if that also will correct for these things.
2021-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 00:33
It is strange when they introduce this in the jpeg engine.
However, if you are using adobe products, they have some autocorrection on DNG files that include a lens profile.
Not sure if that also will correct for these things.

I’m not seeing it as a major problem and tweaking their system will hopefully put it right, but if it was a lens issue which some are saying then that would be a problem. Dji have said they’re looking at it so ill wait and see what develops (pardon the pun)
2021-11-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I envy you for doing spectacular images of your country. I will never get that good because i am too impatient and love fast action video instead. Hope you understand. Different birds of a part-Irish feather I guess ;-)
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules