Lut viewing assist for d log on the rc pro?
3111 8 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pistolpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2469131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I didn't see any option to toggle lut assist on the RC pro when using d log. I figure that creating a version of DJI fly or go or whatever the app is called now that has the functionality of the Mavic pro series and not the watered-down Mavic air series that doesn't have a true log so they didn't have a proper viewing lut already in the app. I went from flying on a large iPad to the RC pro screen which I've been impressed with the improvements over previous iterations of DJI smart controllers, all of which I found far inferior in connectivity when compared with a stock controller and iPad but flying in a true log format is difficult and it's easy not expose correctly when you can't see what a basic jump to 709 color space would look like it slows down the process

I have to toggle to photo all the time to check my composition and color saturation, WB, etc. There is no way any professional beta tester of this setup didn't immediately bring this to DJI's attention so I'm surprised they have not addressed that yet. I'm pretty sure I've been through the menu 9 times and did not see any option to add the lut assist if anyone does have a workaround I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking of running the video feed to Blackmagic video assist and either using a lut that works with a similar log file in the meantime.

Also the intelligent flight modes not being ready I don't understand, did they have a problem in testing and decide to withhold them until a proper fix could be made?

All things considered, I'm really impressed with the Mavic 3, I was blown away at how much detail and thought they put into this drone and every piece that was in the cine combo, the bag is awesome, the charger is soooo much smaller and the battery life is fantastic. I'm looking forward to grading some of the stuff I've shot to check out the image quality.
I've been flying DJI drones since the Phantom 1, have owned very phantom and Mavic used the footage in feature films, and this is by far the biggest leap from one model to the next I've seen., well done.

2021-11-23
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

This color preview mode for DLOG wasn't initially available for the Mavic 2 Pro either.  They added it sometime after the initial release.  I suspect this will be added at some point in the near future for the Mavic 3 as well.  This is certainly on the list of feedback items I provided to DJI as must haves!
2021-11-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Lut preview is a must have.
2021-11-24
Use props
MavicLT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 243189 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The view assist when using D-LOG is very important. I hope they will include the assist also for HDR shooting when it will be available via a future firmware (it was never implemented on Mavic2 Pro)
2021-11-25
Use props
chris.janjic
lvl.1

United States

Any updates on this? View assist when using D-LOG is a necessity!
2022-1-11
Use props
pistolpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2469131 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, and I was out this morning and there was another firmware update with no d-log view assist on the RC pro!

This is now ridiculous, it's not that hard to add a viewer lut, I've used my Blackmagic video assist with a random log to 709 lut just so I can see what I'm doing, it's a clunky and a pain in the ass and the opposite of why I paid the extra money to get the rc pro. You also can't use any of the intelligent flight modes when using ANY PRORES CODECS, this is unacceptable.

Dji if you going to sell my $5000 drone you should be upfront and say that you can't use d log or prores with the intelligent flight modes and you can't see what your doing on the "RC PRO" and we don't know when we are going to be able to use the professional video features implied in every teaser/trailer

The image quality is great, battery life is great but it would be nice to be able to use intelligent flight modes and see what I'm doing on the rc pro. Please get this done asap
2022-1-12
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

DJI have already announced this is coming, most likely in this months FW update. They released a video recently on youtube showing off mavic 3 video settings and this setting, oddly enough, was shown in the video production. Many people questioned DJI about why they showed it in the video when it is not actually available. DJI apologized and said that the feature is not currently available but will be released soon. It is expected this month, but it is 100% confirmed and is coming.
2022-1-12
Use props
Teddyen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3438491 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Tornado12 Posted at 1-12 07:12
DJI have already announced this is coming, most likely in this months FW update. They released a video recently on youtube showing off mavic 3 video settings and this setting, oddly enough, was shown in the video production. Many people questioned DJI about why they showed it in the video when it is not actually available. DJI apologized and said that the feature is not currently available but will be released soon. It is expected this month, but it is 100% confirmed and is coming.

Thanks, it’s a great relief to know it’s coming.
2022-1-14
Use props
Phantomsahoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152096 ft
United States

I know like, it is really bad that can't preview a lut on the fly.  Also I can sorta understand why there is only 400 and 800iso controls in dlog but also.  WHY!!.   Just give us the freedom that literally every other camera manufacturer allows in a log profile.  I do regret paying the money for the cine have to say.  DJI get your but in gear mate!!!!
2022-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules