Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying over a river of fog in the temperate rainforest
252 18 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swirling out from among the titanic trees of the rainforest, a river of fog flows down from the ragged peaks of the mountains to pool in valleys to mix with the tendrils of salt spiced mist pooling on the shores of the ocean. The summer sun soon burns through the shining veil and sends the fog sliding back into the secret mossy hollows from which it emerged.

Aerial shots filmed with the Air 2S, ground level shots captured with the Nikon Z6 and an assortment of lenses.

Large photo gallery on my blog: https://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/2021/11/river-of-fog-in-rainforest.html
2021-11-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The impression of height looking down on the fog with just the blue sky above, is like the view from a plane window. Magic
2021-11-23
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely. Like the slow mo birds. And the time lapses as well. Above the fog is awesome as well. That's a crazy time lapse starting at 1.50. Very well done!!
2021-11-23
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-23 14:56
The impression of height looking down on the fog with just the blue sky above, is like the view from a plane window. Magic

Yes, it's fantastic! The "Sea of Fog" phenomenon is truly one of the most awe inspiring natural wonders.
2021-11-23
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 11-23 22:34
Lovely. Like the slow mo birds. And the time lapses as well. Above the fog is awesome as well. That's a crazy time lapse starting at 1.50. Very well done!!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the video.
2021-11-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely video!
Fog (thin layer at least) is always nice!
2021-11-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 11-23 23:09
Yes, it's fantastic! The "Sea of Fog" phenomenon is truly one of the most awe inspiring natural wonders.

Apart from flying, I experienced a view like that in France at the Mont de Avalloirs. We'd driven 90 minutes in thick fog, but when we got to the summit the sky was blue and cloudless. and the mist was like a bowl of milk in the valleys below.  A memorable moment.
2021-11-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely stunning.  Nicely captured.    
2021-11-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely fantastic video.    Your timing was perfect in capturing this sea of fog.  
2021-11-24
Use props
Elevated Camera
lvl.4
Australia

Beautiful video Andy
2021-11-24
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 11-23 23:47
Lovely video!
Fog (thin layer at least) is always nice!

Thank you! Yes, a bit of fog is always desirable for photography.
2021-11-25
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-23 23:56
Apart from flying, I experienced a view like that in France at the Mont de Avalloirs. We'd driven 90 minutes in thick fog, but when we got to the summit the sky was blue and cloudless. and the mist was like a bowl of milk in the valleys below.  A memorable moment.

The first time I saw a "sea of fog" was on a week long backpacking I went on when I was a teenager - I scrambled up to the top of a ridge overlooking our camp one morning at dawn and was awestruck by the spectacle of it flowing in a huge river from one valley to the other over the pass where we had camped. It's a memory that will stick with me forever.
2021-11-25
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-24 01:54
Absolutely stunning.  Nicely captured.

Thank you!
2021-11-25
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-24 04:57
Absolutely fantastic video.    Your timing was perfect in capturing this sea of fog.

Thank you! I always get up early when I'm out on road trips or camping adventures - best time of the day for photography, aerial or otherwise!
2021-11-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Illuminations Posted at 11-25 10:53
Thank you! Yes, a bit of fog is always desirable for photography.

You're welcome.
Too bad I usually miss it.
2021-11-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 11-25 10:58
The first time I saw a "sea of fog" was on a week long backpacking I went on when I was a teenager - I scrambled up to the top of a ridge overlooking our camp one morning at dawn and was awestruck by the spectacle of it flowing in a huge river from one valley to the other over the pass where we had camped. It's a memory that will stick with me forever.

They're the kind of moments that make those experiences all the more poignant. I know what you mean
2021-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2021-11-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Illuminations Posted at 11-25 11:00
Thank you! I always get up early when I'm out on road trips or camping adventures - best time of the day for photography, aerial or otherwise!

You're very welcome illuminations.    Guess that makes the saying "the early bird gets the worm" a good analogy.  
2021-11-26
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

impressive video... thank you for sharing...
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules