Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strobe Light for Mini 2
6079 5 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Waynger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573373 ft
United States

I would like to add a strobe light to my Mini 2 but I don't want an additional battery to charge, as well as the slight additional weight.

Has anyone hacked one to know where to connect to get B+ ?

I need to get a strobe and see what voltage it runs on, I'm guessing 3.6ish

Has anyone used the onboard power control circuitry for add ons?

Thanks

2021-11-23
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

I don’t opening the Mini to get at the electronics but here is an easier option.

I bought a “Dual High Intensity Strobe Light for Drones” from Firehousetechnology.com and attached it to the bottom of my Mini 2 with two small strips of velcro.  With that attached and a ND PL Filter on the camera, the drone is still well below 250 grams.

This high Intensity strobe light has two 5 watt High Intensity Cree strobes that output 300 Lumens. The light has three modes that are changed with tap of a button (Strobe, Flash and Spotlight). It uses a USB charging port with charge indicator. The strobe measures 0.5” x 0.75" and weighs less than 3 grams. Water resistant cover protects circuit and is water/dust resistant. Run time is 2-2.5 hours in strobe mode on a full battery charge.   This strobe is FAA 107 Compliant.

The velcro attachment leaves lots of space under the drone for air to pass to cool the drone.

The drone is easy to see at a distance on a cloudy day.  I never fly 2 to 2.5 hours at one go so one charge lasts quite a while.  I only ever use the light set on strobe mode.

I have attached a still from a movie with the strobe flashing.  The site will only let me upload JEPGs.

Just a thought…….

2021-11-23
Use props
Waynger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 573373 ft
United States

Ontario Drone Posted at 11-23 14:52
I don’t opening the Mini to get at the electronics but here is an easier option.

I bought a “Dual High Intensity Strobe Light for Drones” from Firehousetechnology.com and attached it to the bottom of my Mini 2 with two small strips of velcro.  With that attached and a ND PL Filter on the camera, the drone is still well below 250 grams.

Thats exactly what I want but I want to run it off the drone batt and possibly  insert it into the drone body.

How much further can you see your drone during the day?

2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Waynger. Good day and for these information you have given us. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( Strobe Light ) for the DJI Mini 2. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who uses the Strobe light on there DJI Mini 2.  Just a reminder that since this is a 3rd party accessory ( Strobe light ) for your DJI Mini 2. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI drone when in use and we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-11-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check out these strobes.

https://www.firehousetechnology. ... 26_Accessories.html
2021-11-24
Use props
Ontario Drone
lvl.4
Canada

99% of the time I fly in the morning.  Very occasionally I fly to get a spectacular sunset.  I have never flown at night.  Flying VLOS I go as far as the mini is a mere speck in the sky.  If I look away from it I would never find it again using VLOS.  Of course looking at the phone attached to the controller I know exactly where I am with the drone’.  With the strobe on I can go a lot further and still find it if I look away.  I have never bothered to note the distance on the phone to see how high and far I was.

The strobe I purchased was:

https://www.firehousetechnology. ... _107_Compliant.html

It is Firehousetechnology’s lightest one.  I always have a ND PL Filter on the camera.  I don’t want to come close to the 250 gram flying weight.  So that is why I chose the strobe because of its weight including the velcro used to attach it to the Mini.

If you are not using a filter on the camera you might consider a more powerful strobe that will still keep your drone under 250 grams.  That is if the 250 grams mark is an issue for you.
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules