Mavic 3/RC Pro File Transfer Workflow
4408 7 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I Fly Drones
lvl.1

United States

What is the quickest way to get DNG pictures from the Mavic 3/RC Pro uploaded onto Google Drive? Ideally, I am looking to ulpoad the pictures to Google Drive while onsite right after the shoot. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Jake
2021-11-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since my Mavic 3 Cine is currently en route for replacement, I'll be speaking theoretically...
Uploading via RC Pro directly to cloud is probably the best way in the field, if all you have some hotspot in shape of your smartphone.
However, if you're back at the office with a fast WiFi, or, better yet, Ethernet, your options improve drastically.
If you record on the SSD, your best option would be connecting the craft via fast cable to to your PC. Alternatively, with a strong WiFi, you can connect to a device, such as iPad, and use Files to access and then upload the files to the place of your choosing.
With a non-Cjne version, or, if you intentionally are using SD card, you can also extract the card and put it into a fast card reader.
Depending on the exact hardware you have, one method can be better than the other. Test and choose.
2021-11-23
Use props
I Fly Drones
lvl.1

United States

DarthSLR Posted at 11-23 22:00
Since my Mavic 3 Cine is currently en route for replacement, I'll be speaking theoretically...
Uploading via RC Pro directly to cloud is probably the best way in the field, if all you have some hotspot in shape of your smartphone.
However, if you're back at the office with a fast WiFi, or, better yet, Ethernet, your options improve drastically.

Great! I’ll try all of these options and see which one is the quickest route to getting all of the files uploaded into the cloud. Thanks!!
2021-11-24
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I Fly Drones Posted at 11-24 05:05
Great! I’ll try all of these options and see which one is the quickest route to getting all of the files uploaded into the cloud. Thanks!!

You're most welcome.  Please post your findings, complete with your hardware setup.
2021-11-24
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 11-23 22:00

Just curious @DarthSLR - what issue caused you to send in for replacement?  I have a running list of issues, but was made to believe they would be addressed in January with their firmware update.
2021-11-24
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Harkco Posted at 11-24 08:19
Just curious @DarthSLR - what issue caused you to send in for replacement?  I have a running list of issues, but was made to believe they would be addressed in January with their firmware update.

You can check my other posts. The primary reason was incessant "Airctaft is not connected to RC".  It appears to be mostly RC Pro issue, although some guys on FB reported it happening to a regualr controller as well.
I decided not to wait until the return/exchange window expires.
2021-11-24
Use props
fans255658e0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4554360 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Mavic 3 Standard with a RC Pro remote. I’ve been transferring my photos from the SD card of the drone to my RC Pro in the week that I’ve had the remote. So far I’m unable to transfer them easilyfrom the RC to the cloud, or to another device.

-unable to install any android apps to allow a transfer
-unable to upload with firefox, at least to drive.google.com (I was able to login to my gdrive but upload isn’t appearing as an option).
-Bluetooth transfers to IOS are failing every time.

The only way I've found so far- login to icloud.com via firefox, transfer them one-by-one via the Photos upload on the site.
Speaking of problems, I have a litany of them with the drone, I’m not disappointed or surprised, except that when I opened a DJI case they suggest I send the drone in for repair. It seems like my problems (poor range in that my M2Pro could range twice as long on the same track as the M3S with both the N1 and RC Pro, control stick problems, and altitude being off sometimes by a factor of 4X) might be due to extremely buggy firmware that’ll be fixed before long. If that’s the case, I wish they’d please just tell me that and save the trouble of sending it in.
2021-11-28
Use props
fans255658e0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4554360 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans255658e0 Posted at 11-28 17:04
I have a Mavic 3 Standard with a RC Pro remote. I’ve been transferring my photos from the SD card of the drone to my RC Pro in the week that I’ve had the remote. So far I’m unable to transfer them easilyfrom the RC to the cloud, or to another device.

-unable to install any android apps to allow a transfer

I was able to use Android File Transfer for Mac to fetch the files.
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules