757 8 2021-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, as I've posted here I had a new M3 that was doing a bunch of crazy things. Most concerning was landing where I took off at over minus 100 feet. Few other things were flying along in a straight line and start descending or ascending without touching the stick. Multiple times the drone would not go faster then 10mph unless I switched into sport then back to P mode. I requested support CASE NUMBER 3896876 from DJI about 2 weeks ago and till now have received NOTHING. I did get one message passing me along to the "team that deals with this". A few folks that saw my logs agreed there was a real issue here and the drone needed to be replaced. So I returned the drone to the place of purchase for a refund and ordered elsewhere (couldn't exchange as dealer had no stock).

New drone arrived and is doing the EXACT SAME THING. So.  How can this be. Odds would be astronomical that I drew another bad drone..So with no help from DJI not sure what I can do other then return and get the great Air 2S again. I've been flying for 6 years almost every drone out there and logged nearly 7,000 miles. I fly almost every day of the week and 98% in the same area. I've tried everything I know. I changed areas, locations, calibrations etc and I'm stumped. Would appreciate the experts here maybe having a look at my logs and weighing in as to what they think could be happening here.  As for my hunch I believe it has something to do with the vision sensors. I do fly a lot at dusk although issue happening in full daylight but not as bad.

Here are a couple of logs. This first one is from the returned drone where the flight lands at minus 110 feet

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L2A5IWIRGE3VGL2H2BR9

This log is from todays flight, just a few hours ago. Please have a look at 1m 38.5 you'll see drone start dropping in altitude with the left stick neutral. At 1.38.9 stick now up as I try and correct descent and altitude still dropping a little bit more. Finally 1.30.3 where VPS shows altitude at 48.6 feet and the  IMU shows  80.4 feet. This is the point the readings stopped being close.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/PG23M9APKRWTKYVF6OJ7

Thanks

2021-11-23
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 11-23 20:37
My diagnosis: it doesn’t like you. Go back and get the Air2S. Womp womp.

I could see one of them not liking me, but two?
2021-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi BrianKushner, we are deeply sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. You mentioned that you have got a new drone from B&H and the drone still has a problem, right? Could you please describe the details of the problem? At the same time, if you have logs, please upload them to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with me. I'll help to forward it to our corresponding team for a check.

Secondly, you mentioned that you had contacted our support team via email, I've checked the emails and noticed that the refund of the DJI Care Refresh has been issued. Refunds will be processed using the same method that was used to make the payment, and the refund process will be completed in about 7-14 business days, depending on the bank or credit card issuer. Thanks for your patience.
2021-11-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 23:21
Hi BrianKushner, we are deeply sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered. You mentioned that you have got a new drone from B&H and the drone still has a problem, right? Could you please describe the details of the problem? At the same time, if you have logs, please upload them to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with me. I'll help to forward it to our corresponding team for a check.

Secondly, you mentioned that you had contacted our support team via email, I've checked the emails and noticed that the refund of the DJI Care Refresh has been issued. Refunds will be processed using the same method that was used to make the payment, and the refund process will be completed in about 7-14 business days, depending on the bank or credit card issuer. Thanks for your patience.

Natalia I returned the first drone thinking my problem would be solved. That was the B&H drone. New one I just bought was from Amazon and  is doing the same thing. My support case was for this issue and no one has gotten back to me. Last I heard they were passing to the "team" that deals with the issues I'm having. They had my logs...

I posted a couple logs here and a description of my issues. This was the last I heard from support.

Your request(#3896876)has been updated, please reply the email below.

Coco.Ren (Support)

2021年11月15日 GMT+822:03
Dear Bkushner,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

We have cascaded your inquiry to the concerned team and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
Your understanding and support are highly appreciated.

Should there be any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,
Coco
DJI Customer Support Website: http://www.dji.com/support
YouTube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BrianKushner Posted at 11-24 01:01
Natalia I returned the first drone thinking my problem would be solved. That was the B&H drone. New one I just bought was from Amazon and  is doing the same thing. My support case was for this issue and no one has gotten back to me. Last I heard they were passing to the "team" that deals with the issues I'm having. They had my logs...

I posted a couple logs here and a description of my issues. This was the last I heard from support.

Thanks for your clarification, I'll forward your ticket to our corresponding team to check and follow up soon.
2021-11-24
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-24
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 11-24 10:27
Mine doesn't have this problem, but I'll tell you one thing: This drone is clearly only like 65% done. The target date was obviously end of January (hence we are all running alpha firmware until then) but DJI really needed to make the holiday sales season.   
The telelens has abrupt jarring changes when switching to it, etc/

My concern is will firmware fix issues that could be hardware?
2021-11-24
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now