NDJ6 Gimbal Control Issues
3894 6 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tippettm
New

United States

Hi,

Just received a Phantom2 (so called V2.0), with a NDJ6 controller with the Gimbal control on the side.  After the most recent firmware update for the gimbal, the gimbal responds mostly as expected (rotate the dial and the gimbal moves).  Unfortunately the movement is erratic.  I move one direction and it will oscilate up and down briefly before continuing as expected.

Monitoring in the Assistant App shows that the X1 number is centered at "0", when moving one direction, the numbers move in the right direction, but flip high and low before settling in the right direction.

I've tried calibration, but doesn't seem to help (although I wouldn't expect that it could be calibrated since the numbers move either side of zero.  I'll post a video in the next day or two on this thread to demonstrate this problem.

Matthew
2014-11-28
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Mine is the same, I've asked support about a replacement remote as it looks perhaps to to be a hardware issue on the new version.
2014-11-29
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Unfortunately you're not the first to report that issue.

Two things to try, first go through a calibration procedure (make sure you finish)
Next, try changing to the REV setting.  If the same problem crops up in the opposite direction that would strongly suggest a faulty potentiometer in the gimbal control and a return under warranty.

GimbalSettings.gif
2014-11-30
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
lvl.4

China

How about the video you take by drone?
Is the video shaking?
We will wait for your video!
2014-12-1
Use props
tdy92802
New
Flight distance : 19160 ft
United States

Same issue here as the original poster.

Upgraded my previous remote DJ6 to the NDJ6 and having the same problem with my H33D gimbal.  Upgraded to the latest FW 1.0.1.24 for the remote control. Gimbal tilt is erratic and does not matter whether I calibrate the setting in Norm or Rev.  

And yes I set the setting to "Upgraded Version" in the Assistant Setting.

To make matters worse there is no response in the tilt speed of the gimbal when I adjust the Tilt Control Gain in the assistant software.  I was able to do this with the original remote controller.. So it may be a HW or FW issue.  Not sure.

Went back to using my original DJ6 controller and all is good once again.  Will probably return the item until DJI has a fix.
2014-12-1
Use props
DanH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315177 ft
France

Hi,

Have a look at this post, it really helped me to solve that camera gimbal issue :
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en
2014-12-2
Use props
tdy92802
New
Flight distance : 19160 ft
United States

DanH..  

Thanks so much for posting that link..  Was about to send my controller back today until I tried the instructions provided in the link to calibrate the controller. Very Simple..  Now my new controller works as advertised..  Very Happy..

You would think that DJI could have sent those same instructions in every new controller box to help those out that were having issues..  Go Figure..
2014-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules