Newbie question,mavic mini 2 signal issue
433 6 2021-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikesw15
New
United Kingdom

Hi I've just got a Mavic mini 2 and for some reason, I can't go any further than about 1000 meters before it says RC has lost contact,antenna and signal issues, I'm in clear view of the drone does anyone have any tips on how to improve it, please  TIA
2021-11-24
Use props
Muddycreek
lvl.2

United States

Check your settings I may be that your distance is limited
2021-11-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

is it urban or country side? 1km is quite good for Europe
2021-11-24
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Obviously you have not studied radio technology. The specifications of 6 km (3.72822715 miles) is quite impressive and I would never fly my drone more than a few hundred meters.
2021-11-24
Use props
SnitserNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2372014 ft
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 11-24 07:47
is it urban or country side? 1km is quite good for Europe

Exactly. That is the right question. It makes a big difference whether you are in an urban area or in the country side.
1 km in the city is excellent i.m.h.o.
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mikesw15. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please and kindly please fly your DJI Mini 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist and may we know what is the model of the mobile device you are using please? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it. In addition, please make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft for optimal transmission. Thank you.

2021-11-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One other point, if you use the Flight attitude indicator on the bottom left, its the Radar type icon screen thingy.

When the aircraft is a distance away, when you're aligned correctly you the controller will add a green arrow to the icon, once you then line that arrow exactly to the direction of the aircraft then that is the best  signal you can achieve horizontally, you then just need to worry about vertically, and at that distance of 1km, you need to 120m (400ft) high and the controller nearly level with the horizon, but you can slowly adjust a little, then check the signal icon at the top, keep an eye on it and you can achieve the best signal, ok its long winded, I'm sorry, but that's how i manage to get the best i can get out of it and my friend has managed 5.5km ;)
2021-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules