DJI if you are listening. Advanced RTH feature.
363 4 2021-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloudwalker
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My Mavic 3 has been great on the RTH but being surround by tall trees and most loosing their leaves it concerns me that the avoidance may not pick up on bare tree tops. Wish they would give us an option of switching off the advanced RTH and just using the standard. I am not even sure why it lets us enter the RTH altitude if the drone is just going to do its own thing anyway on RTH.
2021-11-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it would be much better if dji said RTH was fully covered in warranty , if they are confident of their advanced then this should be the case. It would also insure users confidence in RTH.
2021-11-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

One thing I don't like about this RTH feature is that it comes back at a much lower speed than the normal RTH. The drone also goes to a higher altitude than set and if it gets caught in a gust for some heavy wind it might never come back. I prefer to always fly back manually but sometimes you just need to use the RTH. Also the drone never lands where it takes off, 5 out of 10 times it tried to land on my roof or the neighbours roof and not on my deck.
2021-11-24
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 11-24 10:03
One thing I don't like about this RTH feature is that it comes back at a much lower speed than the normal RTH. The drone also goes to a higher altitude than set and if it gets caught in a gust for some heavy wind it might never come back. I prefer to always fly back manually but sometimes you just need to use the RTH. Also the drone never lands where it takes off, 5 out of 10 times it tried to land on my roof or the neighbours roof and not on my deck.

Yes, RTH needs a lot of work, including an ability to use original behaviour. Thus far, of all my dozen or so flights, before I sent my Mavic 3 Cine for replacement yesterday, it missed the actual home point by several feet pretty much every time, except maybe 2-3 times.
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cloudwalker. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2021-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules