New DJI FPV Combo - can't activate goggles
1563 6 2021-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_N8evnLOzLhtq
lvl.1
United States

Well, goggles and the aircraft and controller.  I'm powering up all 3 devices then connecting goggles to my phone (have tried both Android and IOS, Samsung Galaxy Flip and iPhone 11) using OTG cable on goggle side.  DJI Fly app does not acknowledge that goggles are connected, no 'activate' button appears, only 'connection guide'  I've tried different combos of powering up, a different cable, both phones have latest version DJI Fly app, 1.5 I think on Android and 1.41 from app store.  I did get a firmware update looking thru the goggles when I 1st powered up everything, not sure what it was for.

Frustrating as all heck.  I appreciate any help.  Thanks!
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC and kindly please check the firmware of all the components then redo the activation again to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for you to download the said software. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... nt-2-dji-fpv-series
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_N8evnLOzLhtq
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-25 00:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC and kindly please check the firmware of all the components then redo the activation again to see if the issue persists? You may refer to the link below for you to download the said software. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-dji-fpv-series

Thanks, that was my next step but I don't have a PC. I'll report back if I have any problems.
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_N8evnLOzLhtq
lvl.1
United States

I was able to update firmware on the aircraft and controller but not the goggles.  My PC does nothing when I make the connection - no acknowledgement from the PC or the DJI Assistant, much like when connecting with my phone.

Thanks again for any help.
2021-11-26
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Try a different USB cable.  I had a similar issue not recognizing the drone / goggles when connected.  I tried 3 different USB cable, then the 4th finally worked.
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_N8evnLOzLhtq
lvl.1
United States

This worked, thank you Joecos.  Turns out the OTG cable and/or USB goggle port was causing the problem.  After updating firmware I switched back to using the OTG to connect goggles to phone and it didn't respond again.  The connection from cable isn't very tight into the USB c port on goggles so I pushed it in a little firmer and held it there and voila, activated.
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_N8evnLOzLhtq Posted at 11-25 08:57
Thanks, that was my next step but I don't have a PC. I'll report back if I have any problems.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2021-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules