5131 9 2021-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Hello,

Thanks for the update to the Consumer Drone Series today, however I get this when launching the installer package.  I checked Apple-->System Preferences-->Security and Privacy-->General for any software I needed to grant permissions for (the usual culprit) but there is nothing special listed.  I am running Monterey 12.0.1 on an iMac 27" 2019, Intel.

Edit--  I see on the download page that this is not supported for 11+ macOS version.  I had successfully ran 2.1.5 on macOS 12 which is why I tried the new version.  It's not a problem, just a minor inconvenience, since I have a Windows partition on my Mac as well that I use for Windows only apps.  But i'd rather use the Mac version.  Anyone know of a workaround or an idea when it will be officially supported on macOS Monterey?  

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 8.35.43 AM-1.png
2021-11-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

you should be allowed to opt in on your Mac , I’m not 100% sure how but you do have to allow these apps in security I think.
2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI assistant 2 is currently not compatible with macOS v11 or up. We will surely keep you posted once the said software is now available on the latest version of MAC. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-25
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-25 05:44
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI assistant 2 is currently not compatible with macOS v11 or up. We will surely keep you posted once the said software is now available on the latest version of MAC. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for the reply Paladin.  No problem, I have Windows too so I'll just install that version.
2021-11-25
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

While DJI says it's not supported, it most certainly works fine on macs running the latest OS softwares. It runs fine on my 2017 macbook pro running Big Sur 11.6. I suspect they say it's not supported because their one mac guy doesn't get any budget to keep updated and hence can't test things adequately.

As far as installing it, start the installation like anything else, and when you get the security error code, click cancel or ignore. Then open system preferences>security and privacy, look on the "general" tab, and in the bottom pane there should be a repeat warning, but with an option to "open anyway?" - click yes, and then open, and the installer should start again.
2021-11-25
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

sduck Posted at 11-25 19:39
While DJI says it's not supported, it most certainly works fine on macs running the latest OS softwares. It runs fine on my 2017 macbook pro running Big Sur 11.6. I suspect they say it's not supported because their one mac guy doesn't get any budget to keep updated and hence can't test things adequately.

As far as installing it, start the installation like anything else, and when you get the security error code, click cancel or ignore. Then open system preferences>security and privacy, look on the "general" tab, and in the bottom pane there should be a repeat warning, but with an option to "open anyway?" - click yes, and then open, and the installer should start again.

Thanks for the tip, but in the OP it states I already checked that :-).  And if your still on 11.6 you are not on "the latest OS softwares."

disclaimer--  I am a Mac Advisor for Apple Tech Support, just coincidence!

2021-11-25
Use props
sduck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

dr6583 Posted at 11-25 20:59
Thanks for the tip, but in the OP it states I already checked that :-).  And if your still on 11.6 you are not on "the latest OS softwares."

disclaimer--  I am a Mac Advisor for Apple Tech Support, just coincidence!

Sorry, my misread - I have trouble keeping up with the various macOS naming conventions. Never mind.
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dr6583 Posted at 11-25 12:31
Thanks for the reply Paladin.  No problem, I have Windows too so I'll just install that version.

Thank you for your response and for your understanding. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Take care always!
2021-11-28
Use props
21nyy21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126093 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe I just figured out what the problem is. It will run on Macs above 11 and above, but NOT "M Series" Macs. I have verified it working on my old MacBook Pro running Monterey and not running on my M1 MacBook Air
2022-1-29
Use props
spetersen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501952 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

No problem I use it on my MacBook Air M1 2020 ( Open the Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General tab. Under Allow apps downloaded from select App Store and identified developers: Download and install the app).
2022-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules