Video Feed Issues with Galaxy S21 5G
1538 5 2021-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Antulo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90988 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Galax S21 5G phone (model SM-G991B/DS) which has an Exynos 2100 chipset. I used it with a Mini 2 drone in the past with no issues (as far as I can remember) most likely with DJI Flu 1.4.2 or 1.4.4. Since then, I have upgraded the OS on the phone to Samsung UI 4.0 (Android 12) and have purchased a new Mini 2 drone.

When I am connected to drone and controlelr with thie phone, is has issues with the video feed, as detailed below -
At first, no video shows (just black screen). Drone is set to 1080 video at this time
I change resolution of drone to 4K @ 30FPS and still only black screen
I press record and suddenly I can see video streaming from the drone
I stop recording and image on phone freezes with last image that was streamed (before I stopped recording)
I start recording again and streaming video works again
I check SD card and all video has recorded

If I leave drone set to 1080, and press record, I don;t see any streaming video, even though the video IS recorded to the SD card

I have tried DJI Fly v1.5.0 (the one that gets downloaded from DJI website) and have also allowed the DJI Fly app to update itself to 1.5.1. The same thing happens on both versions of the app. I have tried a differnt OTG cable and the same thing happens

I have tried same drone, same OTG cable and same controller on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (model SM-T865) with Samsung UI 3.1 (Android 11) and everything works perfectly

Any idea on how to video streaming to work properly on the Galaxy S21 ? I realize that it seems to work fine once I press record, but at times, I can't record (legal restrictions), and also if there's an issue with streaming video with DJI Fly and this phone, then what other issues could there be that might only show themselves when I'm flying ?
2021-11-25
Use props
Antulo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So looking around the forum, it seems like the incompatibility is because I am using Android 12, and that is not officially supported yet by DJI fly. Happy to wait for an updated version that supports Android 12, and will just keep using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 for now.
2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Antulo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. DJI is working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. As of the moment it is recommended that please use the said DJI drone with an Android 11. Thank you.
2021-11-25
Use props
Antulo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I noticed a new release of  DJI Fly app 1.5.1 (release 2025) and heard reports it fixes this video streaming issue on Android 12. I removed DJI Fly 1.5.1 I had installed, and installed this as a clean install, and video streaming is working perfectly again, whether I am recording or not. Thanks for the update DJI !!!
2021-12-1
Use props
ZillNiazi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1889879 ft
Egypt

I have the latest version of DJI4 app and I have the latest firmware on the Mavic 2 Pro. I have a Samsung S21 FE mobile phone running Android 13 and it does connect with the aircraft but there is no live feed. Can you please help?
2022-12-27
Use props
ZILL NIAZI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1889879 ft
Egypt

ZillNiazi Posted at 2022-12-27 03:29
I have the latest version of DJI4 app and I have the latest firmware on the Mavic 2 Pro. I have a Samsung S21 FE mobile phone running Android 13 and it does connect with the aircraft but there is no live feed. Can you please help?

Hello,

Anyone reading this?
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules