waypoint missions that are out of controller range
1068 5 2021-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yali9
lvl.1
United States

Litchi's waypoint support for mavic mini does not work on waypoint missions that are out of controller range, which really sucks. This let me down big time. Same with Air 2.
2021-11-25
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

That's because these waypoint missions are achieved by emulated control stick movements on the Litchi app. That means that if your drone looses signal Litchi will stop moving your drone towards the waypoint. In order for the drone to do waypoint missions without the signal it would have to be implemented in the firmware update. DJI won't do that and Litchi, or any other app, cannot help with that issue.
2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yali9. Since this is a 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who had used the said application. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party application when flying your DJI Drones. These 3rd party applications might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2021-11-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That has been my finding with the Mini1 as well. It's possible to maintain an entire Waypoint mission provided I'm operating from a high vantage point witha good signal path between the drone and the controller, however. But that's often not possible.
2021-11-26
Use props
yaliDJI
lvl.1
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 11-25 13:33
That's because these waypoint missions are achieved by emulated control stick movements on the Litchi app. That means that if your drone looses signal Litchi will stop moving your drone towards the waypoint. In order for the drone to do waypoint missions without the signal it would have to be implemented in the firmware update. DJI won't do that and Litchi, or any other app, cannot help with that issue.

Thanks for clear up this tech detail.  No wonder Litchi is so late in providing this waypoint feature. I think I have to keep my spark for a while for that awesome feature
2021-11-26
Use props
yaliDJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-25 20:32
Hello there yali9. Since this is a 3rd party application ( Litchi ), I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who had used the said application. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party application when flying your DJI Drones. These 3rd party applications might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

We usually go to 3rd party apps for some features that DJI app does not have.
2021-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules