Self unlocking not working on smart controller
1404 6 2021-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Photojourneyman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 720850 ft
New Zealand

I have been unable to get the self-authorization to work on my smart controller. I already had permissions from local air-traffic control and council to fly in a restricted area so it was REALLY frustrating for the DJI system to not work.
I had the smart controller connected to wifi via my smart phone and got the verification code delvered to my smart phone. But when I enter it in the smart controller I can't get the keyboard to go away after pressing enter so it just times out every time.
After several attempts I seem to have been locked out completely. I can get the approval checkboxes but then get the message authorization failed.

Hoping someone can shed light on this non-intuitive DJI system to work.
2021-11-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Photojourneyman. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.
2021-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can do the unlock in advance online here - https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/
2021-11-26
Use props
Drone Shot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2169619 ft
Sweden

Have you tried the back button on the Smart Controller?

When the keyboard is visible, press the back button to close it.
2021-11-29
Use props
Photojourneyman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 720850 ft
New Zealand

Drone Shot Posted at 11-29 22:45
Have you tried the back button on the Smart Controller?

When the keyboard is visible, press the back button to close it.

Thanks, I'll make a note of that tip for next time. I managed to do the unlocking in advance for my second attempt.
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_lZGTzahtNymZ
New

United States

Same experience. When I hit confirm after checking boxes the message is “failed to unlock”
2022-1-5
Use props
Dromo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262812 ft
Switzerland

Us too. Always timeout. We need it often when we are near airports and even if with the traffic control authorisation smart controller goes timeout! How to fix it?
2022-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules