When flying backward, mavic3 rises up
1425 12 2021-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1062011 ft
South Korea

I have a Phantom 4 Pro, and I bought a new Mavic 3 and made a test flight.No flight mode is yet supported, so I haven't tried more diverse flight tests, but when the aircraft is sent back, Phantom 4 naturally moves back with altitude maintained, and Mavic 3 moves back very rapidly, increasing altitude.
the obstacle avoidance function interfered with the drone's flight and I turned off the detection function, but as it flew back, it suddenly rose up, causing the drone to almost get caught in a tree branch.
And most of all, I don't like the cheap controller RC-N1.
2021-11-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The controller is not great for this craft agree. The rising up that one could have something to do with APAS or OA. If there is nothing in its way then you might need to post log here or contact support.
2021-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Regarding your feedback on the RTH of Mavic 3, if it is convenient, can you provide the video of the problem described in your post? You can upload it to Google Drive/ Dropbox, so that we can download it. Thanks.
2021-11-26
Use props
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
South Korea

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-26 01:07
Hi, there. Regarding your feedback on the RTH of Mavic 3, if it is convenient, can you provide the video of the problem described in your post? You can upload it to Google Drive/ Dropbox, so that we can download it. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGp77Y_2Wzo

watch  02:40
2021-12-2
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is happening very often when you have a little strong head wind. Check this video made by Hatu Computo is in Spanish but he demonstrated the problem. Check the video in the minute 25:00 when he start demonstrating flying with tail wind does not have any problem and then flying head wind.The problem is loosing altitude that is worse. There is a youtube video of a person losing a mavic 3 crashed on the water because same thing happened at low altitude.

2021-12-2
Use props
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
South Korea

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-2 17:23
This is happening very often when you have a little strong head wind. Check this video made by Hatu Computo is in Spanish but he demonstrated the problem. Check the video in the minute 25:00 when he start demonstrating flying with tail wind does not have any problem and then flying head wind.The problem is loosing altitude that is worse. There is a youtube video of a person losing a mavic 3 crashed on the water because same thing happened at low altitude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2iCKYtu9eY

I watched the video, and I know about it while using an existing drone.
However, the problem I experienced was that raised the altitude rapidly even though it was not windy and there were no obstacles, and I thought it was a problem because if I was filming, I would miss the composition. And if there was a tree behind, I think it could get caught on a branch and fall.
2021-12-2
Use props
Ma Junsung
lvl.2
South Korea

Watch this from 02:40

2021-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

My Spark, Mini1, Mini2, Air, Air2 did and do the same sometimes, loosing or gaining height or just indicating that.
It all depends (how else...) how the airflow is going through the drone and along the barometric sensor.

As i analyse all my flights and others i see this often, but flying at height far away you do not see this actually happen; i mean flying at 80 meters and uncontrolled to 77....i do no see that with eye ball mark 1.
And in the logs, out of VPS range it it hard to check and know if the height did change or it was just indicating loosing height.

See my video, on a windy day....flying low fast backwards. Baro height indicate 12 meter to almost zero while in the log VPS height only lost 3 meters.
Flying forward starting low, at the end UP command.., on the backwards leg no DOWN down command!

Do i care....well, knowing this i never fly fast and low when my drone is out my normal sight, so i can correct height if needed.Flying far away from me at heights in normal mode, well few meters up or down doesn`t matter too much.
Is it good? nah, but i can live with this behaviour.

cheers
JJB
2021-12-3
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

JJB* Posted at 12-3 06:18
Hi,

My Spark, Mini1, Mini2, Air, Air2 did and do the same sometimes, loosing or gaining height or just indicating that.

As always:
perfect in the explanation ...
2021-12-3
Use props
fans76b622a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121112 ft
United States

#Went flying this afternoon, raised the altitude to 207 ft. and proceeded with forward flight, I was in normal mode.  Next thing I hear the RC Pro controller say, I reached maximum altitude of 396ft.  I did not have my left hand on the stick while this happened.  I brought the M3 back and landed, turned it off and changed the battery.  Took off again and raised the M3 to 150' and applied forward stick, once again the M3 climed on it's own and reached maximum altitide.  I noticed the M3 would auto climb at a rate of 3-5ft while going forward around 15mph.  If I go slower, say 5 -7 mpg it would not climb. Reply Here#
2021-12-3
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

looks to me like obstacle avoidance. The fence is right there behind the drone and you are backing up towards it.
2021-12-3
Use props
fans14fcb48e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 785213 ft
United Kingdom

Did you manage to find a solution? My Mavic 3 is doing the same thing, gaining height when flying backwards even in a open field, no obstructions. Only in Normal mode, in Cine or Sports mode, it 'seems' fine. I shouldn't hold my breath.
2022-1-4
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that there are other threads that cover this same topic.  I've contributed to some of them, and my observations are that when in OA/Bypass mode, the craft will gain altitude without user input for elevation.  When I've not had Bypass turned on, I've not experienced the unwanted elevation climb.  Our suspicion is that the OA (when in Bypass) is picking up some phantom obstacles, particularly when pitching a lot.

Until such time as DJI issues a fix, best thing is to monitor altitude carefully when "bypass" is turned on, and to use "break" when you are comfortable turning off "bypass".
2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules