Problems after a crash
5146 9 2021-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michastro
New

France

My son had a crash with my Mini. I had to change the wire between camera and Mini, and also an arm. I have a message telling that the gimbal is jammed. It seems to move easily, but the gimbal is hot. Is it possible to change only the gimbal, the camera is working properly, and where is it possible to ordre one?
Thanks
Michel

2021-11-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Michel. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini Mini and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened and now you are having these issue with your DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support . We have a professional team that will do there best to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you.
2021-11-26
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

As far as I know gimbal and cam is one assembly and you should be able to get it from aliexpress normally. I had a scan there but looks like mini 2 gimbal assembly is all I can find. I guess something is broken inside your gimbal. Good luck.
2021-11-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be warned, the gimbal/camera-assembly is electronically paired to something in the drone, it is NOT necessarily a straight forward swap. see
I face a similar problem i.e. a "stuck gimbal" but working camera. The gimbal remains "stuck" after the ribbon cable, which was torn, was replaced.
When your drone boots does the gimbal do its dance for pitch and roll and maybe a small amount of yaw?
What portion of the gimbal is getting hot?  I have not noticed that in mine.
There are, I believe, three motors, one governs yaw (at the top of the gimbal somewhere near where the cable connected). There is likely another at the back of the gimbal controlling roll and the 3rd is to the right hand side of the camera (with the drone's nose pointing away from you).
2021-11-26
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-26 15:39
Be warned, the gimbal/camera-assembly is electronically paired to something in the drone, it is NOT necessarily a straight forward swap. see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uCcyt5DQ2s
I face a similar problem.
When the drone boots does the gimbal do its dance for pitch and roll and maybe a small amount of yaw?

Damn that is a pretty low move for DJI not not allow re-calibration after user replacement. I smell some Apple level crap here. Looks like Shaun has not had the calibration done by DJI as of 3 months ago.
2021-11-26
Use props
Michastro
New

France

In fact it's possible to change gimbal a recalibrate it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MMpbMhy20Y , the only thing is that an error remain, but the drone can fly. DJI are the same thieves than Apple, the system is closed. In the future I will choose a drone from a different brand.
2021-11-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, if you succeed come back and let us know.
2021-11-27
Use props
Michastro
New

France

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-27 09:06
Well, if you succeed come back and let us know.

Have you a good adresse for a gimbal?
2021-11-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No and I wouldn't give it out even if I had, for the simple reason I don't think it would be a successful repair.
Besides which it would probably work out cheaper to buy a working, second-hand Mavic Mini.

2021-11-27
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Michastro Posted at 11-27 08:26
In fact it's possible to change gimbal a recalibrate it, , the only thing is that an error remain, but the drone can fly. DJI are the same thieves than Apple, the system is closed. In the future I will choose a drone from a different brand.

Thanks for sharing that. The way to recalibrate is actually quite simple... The error message remains with no fix. It is really stupid. The fact they even come up with an error called "incompatible gimbal contact DJI" just shows how anti third-party repair they are... Companies do make a lot of money from out of warranty repairs.
2021-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules