Settings reset when switched off
882 6 2021-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonygoesglobal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41227 ft
Ukraine

Hello. I've just bought the Pocket 2 and want to use it in 'pro mode' I changed the settings, but when I turned the gimbal on next time, pro mode was off and it defaulted to 1080P auto.
Is this normal behavour? It seems ridiculous that settings aren't saved.
2021-11-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

What mode did you shoot in before turning the Pocket 2 off? Did you use other modes besides the basic video recording (timelapses, slo-mo, HDR video etc.)? What resolution did you use (4K, 2.7K, something else)?
2021-11-26
Use props
tonygoesglobal
lvl.2
Ukraine

I was using pro mode with everything set to manual, and 2.7k 25p.

When I switched it on again, pro mode was off and the resolution was 1080/30

2021-11-27
Use props
tonygoesglobal
lvl.2
Ukraine

I didn't use timelapse, HDR or anything. Just video mode.

Is the pocket supposed to stay in pro mode or do I have to turn it on every time?
2021-11-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

tonygoesglobal Posted at 11-27 00:07
I didn't use timelapse, HDR or anything. Just video mode.

Is the pocket supposed to stay in pro mode or do I have to turn it on every time?

That indeed sounds strange. The Pro mode shouldn't reset after the Pocket 2 is turned off. For me at least it hasn't.

The only thing that would had explained the setting being resetted would have been if you switched from normal video mode with 2.7K or 4K to modes that only support 1080p such as slo-mo and some timelapse modes. But even then, I'm no certain if it would switch back to higher resolutions if you reverted back to basic video modes.

Sounds like something that should maybe be asked from DJI representatives?
2021-11-27
Use props
tonygoesglobal
lvl.2
Ukraine

Thank you for your reply. It turned out that the shop had sold me a store demo model. They must have repackaged it because it didn't ask for activation.

I've changed it for a different one, which seems to work properly .The manual settings stay selected now.
2021-11-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

tonygoesglobal Posted at 11-27 07:57
Thank you for your reply. It turned out that the shop had sold me a store demo model. They must have repackaged it because it didn't ask for activation.

I've changed it for a different one, which seems to work properly .The manual settings stay selected now.

Glad to hear the issue has been solved. I certainly like to keep the Pro mode enabled, it gives so much more control over the camera. :-)
2021-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules