How does Mimo app version affect the firmware updates I can download
1054 21 2021-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have a question regarding updating the Pocket 2 and other DJI cameras operated by DJI Mimo app.

My first phone I installed Mimo app in didn't support new enough version of the Mimo, therefore I couldn't use the Pocket 2 with it at all, therefore causing me not being able to update the Pocket 2 firmware. This is quite logical.

The next phone I got does support a Pocket 2-enabled  version of the Mimo app, however I know it is not the very latest  version and it seems like the app claims there is no newer version for  my phone (I haven't tested if I could download a newer one from the Mimo  website and install that after removing the current version).

My question: When the new firmware update for the Pocket 2 is released, can I get that update with any version of the Mimo app that supports the Pocket 2? Or will I always have to update the Mimo app first before downloading the latest firmware update?

Thank you already for your replies.
2021-11-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have not tested this.
My iPhone will (probably) always download the latest version of the app (since I configured it that way).
2021-11-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-27 12:56
I have not tested this.
My iPhone will (probably) always download the latest version of the app (since I configured it that way).

Okay, please tell us more if you find out something new about it.

Can you tell if the settings you configured are only iPhone-specific or if they also can be applied to Android? And what kind of configurations did you make?
2021-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-27 13:48
Okay, please tell us more if you find out something new about it.

Can you tell if the settings you configured are only iPhone-specific or if they also can be applied to Android? And what kind of configurations did you make?

I don't have android, so can't find anything out about that.
iOS is by default configured to download the latest version and I have not changed that.
2021-11-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 08:36
I don't have android, so can't find anything out about that.
iOS is by default configured to download the latest version and I have not changed that.

OK, thanks for that information. I'll have to see if I find out more elsewhere. But thanks for the comments anyway.
2021-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-28 10:30
OK, thanks for that information. I'll have to see if I find out more elsewhere. But thanks for the comments anyway.

Seems like not many active P2 users that are interested in these questions.
2021-11-28
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-28 11:29
Seems like not many active P2 users that are interested in these questions.

I guess so, probably because there haven't been that many firmware updates to Pocket 2. But now that there is one coming up, it would be interesting to know.

Although I am mostly happy with the Pocket 2 now, I certainly wouldn't mind getting upgrades or new functions and properties.
2021-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-29 06:54
I guess so, probably because there haven't been that many firmware updates to Pocket 2. But now that there is one coming up, it would be interesting to know.

Although I am mostly happy with the Pocket 2 now, I certainly wouldn't mind getting upgrades or new functions and properties.

I have just come up with one update that I would like : good digital zoom (cropping the frame it captures) on slow motion.
2021-11-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 07:06
I have just come up with one update that I would like : good digital zoom (cropping the frame it captures) on slow motion.

That indeed could be useful, if they managed to make it with similar quality to the normal video mode's zoom.
2021-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-29 07:11
That indeed could be useful, if they managed to make it with similar quality to the normal video mode's zoom.

Exactly.
It should be possible, as there is no extra data involved that needs processing.
But it probably won't be done unless it is given priority
2021-11-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 07:23
Exactly.
It should be possible, as there is no extra data involved that needs processing.
But it probably won't be done unless it is given priority

Can't say really what their priorities are. What I had hoped for would have been the chance to use AC power while recording video without overheating problems or putting out excess stress on the battery, but I am slightly confused about their statements about it (They said to me that it could be done when the battery is fully charged, but they still don't recommend it).

I guess I'll just stick to using a powerbank with a trickle charge function with the Pocket 2, maybe that is good enough. Recently got an Anker one and have planned to do a timelapse test with it to see how much juice it can put out. :-)
2021-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-29 10:57
Can't say really what their priorities are. What I had hoped for would have been the chance to use AC power while recording video without overheating problems or putting out excess stress on the battery, but I am slightly confused about their statements about it (They said to me that it could be done when the battery is fully charged, but they still don't recommend it).

I guess I'll just stick to using a powerbank with a trickle charge function with the Pocket 2, maybe that is good enough. Recently got an Anker one and have planned to do a timelapse test with it to see how much juice it can put out. :-)

I still have to get the do it all handle, to be able to charge it while mounted on a tripod.
2021-11-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-29 14:42
I still have to get the do it all handle, to be able to charge it while mounted on a tripod.

Yeah, the way they placed the tripod thread just next to the charging port with the other tripod adapter seems like a misthought.
2021-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 11-30 09:04
Yeah, the way they placed the tripod thread just next to the charging port with the other tripod adapter seems like a misthought.

I very much agree. Or a way to push us into buying more stuff.
2021-11-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 11-30 10:03
I very much agree. Or a way to push us into buying more stuff.

Yes, that is the more cynical (but entirely possible, maybe even likely) explanation.
2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-1 06:12
Yes, that is the more cynical (but entirely possible, maybe even likely) explanation.

Would not be the first company.....
2021-12-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-1 06:50
Would not be the first company.....

Indeed, and I am sure it will not be the last either.
2021-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-2 03:26
Indeed, and I am sure it will not be the last either.

The Very Hungry Caterpillar
(not sure if you know that one)
2021-12-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-2 04:19
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
(not sure if you know that one)

My mother actually read the Finnish edition of that one to me when I was a little kid :-D
2021-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-2 10:30
My mother actually read the Finnish edition of that one to me when I was a little kid :-D

Funny.
Although the reality is not funny.
2021-12-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Montfrooij Posted at 12-2 11:32
Funny.
Although the reality is not funny.

Yes, the greediness is not exactly hoped for.
2021-12-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HGDC84 Posted at 12-3 06:15
Yes, the greediness is not exactly hoped for.

It will kill a civilization.
2021-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules