696 4 2021-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

My new RC Pro Controller only connects to my 2.4 GHz wifi, and continuously refuses to connect to the 5 GHz wifi.  Anyone else seeing this?

Starting to get down on the Mavic 3.
2021-11-26
Use props
TeddyBear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152044 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't happen to have an Asus router do you? We had the same problem; we fixed it by turning off randomize mac address and forcing a static ip/dns onto the controller.
2021-11-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBear Posted at 11-26 19:12
You don't happen to have an Asus router do you? We had the same problem; we fixed it by turning off randomize mac address and forcing a static ip/dns onto the controller.

No asus, but I will try that fix on my Unifi.  Thank you for the idea!  I will reply when I get a chance to test that with the results!
2021-11-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TeddyBear Posted at 11-26 19:12
You don't happen to have an Asus router do you? We had the same problem; we fixed it by turning off randomize mac address and forcing a static ip/dns onto the controller.

I turned on the developer mode on the RC controller so I could see extended wifi logging.  It looks like I am getting a wifi association rejected from my access points.  So digging into what that could be.  I did set the mac to not be virtualized/randomized but still nothing.  Seems like a minor android incompatbility with my 5GHz settings.  
2021-11-27
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The new update changed whatever funky Android setting that was causing my association issues.  The RC Pro now connects to the 5Ghz wifi at my home just fine.  So yeah, quicker updates. :  )
2021-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules