Handling a little cloud and drizzle in the rainforest
742 25 2021-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nice to know the M2P can handle a little moisture but as Kenny Rogers once said, "you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em" (literally!)

2021-11-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful footage,  but no upgrade to Mavic 3 for you.   
2021-11-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great views - particularly at close quarters amongst the trees.
2021-11-27
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 01:30
Beautiful footage,  but no upgrade to Mavic 3 for you.

Why do you say that DAFlys?
2021-11-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Absolutely beautiful footage.  
2021-11-27
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-27 04:14
Absolutely beautiful footage.

thanks Captain
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Magnificent footage, christangey! Thanks for sharing this with us.
2021-11-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Great shots and nice and interesting area. Love the shot at  0:41
2021-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

christangey Posted at 11-27 03:11
Why do you say that DAFlys?

I would have assumed with the level of footage you create that you would have upgraded.
2021-11-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Most beautiful video!
2021-11-27
Use props
Gjuro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1051375 ft
Croatia

Beautiful footage
2021-11-27
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gjuro Posted at 11-27 14:45
Beautiful footage

Thankyou Gjuro
2021-11-27
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-27 07:38
I would have assumed with the level of footage you create that you would have upgraded.

So would I, but I am still carefully going through all the many considerations with the Mavic 3 (and there are many) and even if I do decide you would think getting the cine version would be a no-brainer too. Nope. The fact that you are forced to use the amateur Fly app instead on Go4 on both units alone is giving me second thoughts on upgrading to either M3. The fact that the cine only has ProresHQ with such enormous files, but not also offering the options of plain Prores 422 and even Prores LT combined with the fact that the 1tb storage is not removable AND has a really slow transfer speed means it cannot be used on a set for a large production, as the aircraft will not be available for long periods of time as it will be on the ground downloading data. Productions expect you to be available ALL day any time. So who does the Prores capability help then? Also with the cine I don't like being forced to use a controller with a small 5.5 inch screen, no matter how good the picture might be. There is a lot more too but I'll leave it at that. As I said in another thread I really didn't expect to be hesitating as I have the money literally in the bank to buy this for 2 years.
2021-11-27
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-27 05:52
Magnificent footage, christangey! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Thanks for your continued support Paladin, I just wish I could decide whether to buy the Mavic 3 or not to buy it. I have had the money ready for 2 years. Or even if I did buy it, which version? As the Cine version has big issues for professional operators and both versions only use the "Fly" app when we all want at least "Go4" capabilities. But thanks anyway!
2021-11-27
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 11-27 12:58
Most beautiful video!

Thanks Montfrooj
2021-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

christangey Posted at 11-27 16:52
So would I, but I am still carefully going through all the many considerations with the Mavic 3 (and there are many) and even if I do decide you would think getting the cine version would be a no-brainer too. Nope. The fact that you are forced to use the amateur Fly app instead on Go4 on both units alone is giving me second thoughts on upgrading to either M3. The fact that the cine only has ProresHQ with such enormous files, but not also offering the options of plain Prores 422 and even Prores LT combined with the fact that the 1tb storage is not removable AND has a really slow transfer speed means it cannot be used on a set for a large production, as the aircraft will not be available for long periods of time as it will be on the ground downloading data. Productions expect you to be available ALL day any time. So who does the Prores capability help then? Also with the cine I don't like being forced to use a controller with a small 5.5 inch screen, no matter how good the picture might be. There is a lot more too but I'll leave it at that. As I said in another thread I really didn't expect to be hesitating as I have the money literally in the bank to buy this for 2 years.

I hear you,   the lack of removal storage on the Cine has upset a lot of pros.   If you did go the Cine route you could pick up a regular controller,   here they pop up on ebay a lot,  I assuming they lost their drone and just wanted to sell what they have left.
2021-11-28
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-28 01:02
I hear you,   the lack of removal storage on the Cine has upset a lot of pros.   If you did go the Cine route you could pick up a regular controller,   here they pop up on ebay a lot,  I assuming they lost their drone and just wanted to sell what they have left.

Trouble is, I don't like the "pro" controller which has a has a dinky little screen. I'd rather put up with less brightness and continue to fly with my ipad mini 4. Although, maybe I'm getting spoiled, I do remember when I used to fly all the time with an iphone 6 with a cracked screen, minus a sunshade!
2021-11-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure christangey.  
2021-11-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2021-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

christangey Posted at 11-27 16:58
Thanks for your continued support Paladin, I just wish I could decide whether to buy the Mavic 3 or not to buy it. I have had the money ready for 2 years. Or even if I did buy it, which version? As the Cine version has big issues for professional operators and both versions only use the "Fly" app when we all want at least "Go4" capabilities. But thanks anyway!

You are always welcome, Christiangey. Thank you for your valued support.
2021-12-3
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

falling in love at 12 secs in your video....love water in video shots!

great video!

cheers
JJB
2021-12-3
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 12-3 09:26
Hi,

falling in love at 12 secs in your video....love water in video shots!

thanks JJB
2021-12-3
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

kyalami Posted at 11-27 06:56
Great shots and nice and interesting area. Love the shot at  0:41

Thanks Kyalami
2021-12-11
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-3 04:39
You are always welcome, Christiangey. Thank you for your valued support.

it's my pleasure
2021-12-11
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

No problems at all!
2021-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain