Battery installation error
4535 7 2021-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I have a battery that I keep getting a "Battery Installation Error" after I power up the drone.  It won't let me fly until the issue is resolved.  I disconnect the battery and pull the contacts slightly away from the battery and then when I power up the issue is resolved.  My concern is that now, another battery is having the same issue.  And a bigger concern is that if poor contact triggers the warning, what happens if during a gusty wind flight the battery jiggles enough to cause a poor contact??? Does anyone know what triggers the message??  And what will happen in flight if the trigger occurs??

2021-11-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, if the trigger occurs during flight and the battery loses contact the drone will most probably fall from the sky.
2021-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-11-27
Use props
Chris_FPV_269
lvl.1

Germany

Hi together,

I encountered the same issue two weeks ago during travel. On one flight, the aircraft reported a "battery installation error" during the flight. After switching from one battery to another (a total of 3), the issue wasn't solved. A day after, I flew to another place and had no warning notification at all. I wonder if this was only a one-time error or if the aircraft needs to be checked.
Also, my question is, did you get more and more of this information, and what is the solution to this? Sending it back, because it's dangerous to fly? Is there an update for the drone, that fixes this issue? Is it just a bug?
Looking forward to your reply and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Christoph
2022-8-24
Use props
djiuser_spsWpVsO9b0B
lvl.1
United States

I notices on mine if I push on the right side of the connector the error goes away. It returns during the flight but after takeoff it doesn't shut down, not yet at least. It's definitely the small pin contacts that's the problem.  
2022-11-28
Use props
djiuser_RQHKjyoyQzmu
lvl.1

India

I am also the one who is facing the same problem from last week. Changing location, draining battery and charging it full and also after updating the firmware and tried everything but nothing have solved the problem.

It seem the battery connecter have some kind of loose contact kind of issue sometime I feel like some current(earthing) when I land after flight.

From India no service center here what to do?
1-26 23:11
Use props
djiuser_RQHKjyoyQzmu
lvl.1

India

Chris_FPV_269 Posted at 2022-8-24 00:40
Hi together,

I encountered the same issue two weeks ago during travel. On one flight, the aircraft reported a "battery installation error" during the flight. After switching from one battery to another (a total of 3), the issue wasn't solved. A day after, I flew to another place and had no warning notification at all. I wonder if this was only a one-time error or if the aircraft needs to be checked.

No itd not one time problem nor its location or bug kind of thing. This problem initially start like this and all of sudden all of three battery have the same error each and every fight also I can not fly it in Manual mode because of this problem.

It feels like battery connector pin problem sometimes I feel like earthing current also in my avata drone immediate when I land aircraft.
1-26 23:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_RQHKjyoyQzmu Posted at 1-26 23:11
I am also the one who is facing the same problem from last week. Changing location, draining battery and charging it full and also after updating the firmware and tried everything but nothing have solved the problem.

It seem the battery connecter have some kind of loose contact kind of issue sometime I feel like some current(earthing) when I land after flight.

Hello, there.Thank you for reaching out. For a friendly reminder, according to India Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. Simple consultations are available but aftersales repair service cannot be provided. Regarding your query, may I confirm the exact model of your aircraft?
1-28 02:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules